Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How fast have you gone in your Challenger?

32K views 230 replies 160 participants last post by  sirava 
#1 ·
I'm scared stiff of the ticket/jail time/insurance increase/car taken away/possibilities, so I will vicariously through all of you, who have surely tested our car's maximum velocity...? :scared::scared::scared:

#3 · (Edited)
126 and heading quickly, and alarmingly effortlessly, towards 140 before I coasted back to 60mph! In my case I had a guy and his boy friend in a Grand Prix that kept speeding up and tailing me and I'd pull away at 100mph or so to get some distance and then there they'd be on my ass again. Did this a couple of times and finally I had enough and floored it and put about half a mile or better between us when I did so and they never did catch back up.

#5 · (Edited)
I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT with a six speed and have had it up to 228 KPH or 143 MPH. It was really windy that day so I had to back off, I will make more attempts when it is safe to do so (Closed Track).

#6 ·
In that case copy my pics to add to you portfolio my friend! LOL

#8 ·
138, it had more in it but the I ran out of road.

#11 ·
I did 150 in 5th on my way to All-Chrysler Nationals blazing past a Hemi orange 09 R/T Six speed and Green 70' Dodge Charger R/T 440 4speed 3:23 rear with my brother in car(no mods) had to back down a Hyundai Tibouron crossed into lane. We all pulled in for gas at rest stop and talked the guy in the Hemi Orange was in his wife's car and she was with him. He said he had never went that fast in it doin 125 and his wife said honey He's coming and then you were gone.... The guy in the Charger said after shifted into fourth you were gone I replied I was embarrased that you blew my doors off.:bigthumb:

#16 ·
124 in the Challenger.
135 in the G8
both were just purring and ready for more.
I'm thinking I'll be checking out the next Mojave Mile and see what these babies can do.

#17 ·
Ha! Why do I not believe 70 mph, Retired LE? Are you being watched by Big Brother? My friends with the "cop and fire" stickers on their cars seem to have no fear...

Of course, I'm just talking smack, seeing as how I could never live with myself if I hurt someone, all because of a thrill ride...

Having said that, somehow I missed this important information...what do I have to do so that my car "records" my top speed? I have to turn on the "digital speedometer?" Help?

#27 · (Edited)
Having said that, somehow I missed this important information...what do I have to do so that my car "records" my top speed? I have to turn on the "digital speedometer?" Help?
It's in the secondary menu set. All SRT's have it, with a few extras like the torque and G-Force menus, I think other models only have it if they have the electronics convenience package. To access it on mine, I push and hold the two inside lower steering wheel buttons, (musical note & home) until it goes to the secondary menus then cycle through to the digital speedo that also records the top speed. It only records it while in this menu. There is also a 0-60 timer and a few other interesting menus. Hope this helps, have fun.:thumbsup:

:worried:I think the fastest I've gone is a little over 100, I'm not getting too radical until after my first oil change to give the engine a little break in time.:roller:

#24 ·
140 for me, i live near the road where they filmed some of the scenes from the first fast and furious so everyone always flies down there. some suped up 350z wanted to play so i blew him away. was coming up on my turn so had to back off and i realized the stock R/T brakes really suck so the next week i had brembo's put on lol

#26 ·
Had some open road, fairly flat, no traffic. Got to 140 and thought I had better back off from there. The car definitely had more in it. My wallet wouldn't have if I had gotten caught!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.