Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How Fast Have You Gone In Your Challenger?

13K views 66 replies 51 participants last post by  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! 
#1 ·
Just curious to see how fast these animals can go.

#42 ·
Don't know... ran out of speedometer. Not stock, has 505 RWHP and 495 RWT.
So you went over 192MPH and still climbing. Where is your Speed limiter set and who set it ?

#35 ·
I hit 142mph before I ran out of road. Damn it takes along time to slow down from that speed. Felt smooth at that speed still had more pedal to go. That was before I put SRT suspension on should be better now.

#38 ·
I hit a tad over 140 which is where the limiter is on the 2010 R/T. Like other people have said, it was smooth as butter and had plenty left in her. I'd love to remove the limiter and see where she will go, mine is stock although I discovered the first owner put in functional hood scoops. I've done 125 many times and will hit 100 without even thinking about it. Damn car is just so smooth.

#43 ·
Cop gave me only a WARNING for 100MPH+. :)

Yep, the police officer only gave me a warning for going over 100mph. I was on a quick joy ride to show off to my cousin. We fish-tailed a bit in first and second coming around a corner (ESP turned off), then hit 100+. After that I brought it down:cheers: wanting only to hit 100. Then the cop pulled me over. He said that with a car like this he didn't blame me because "there is a time and place for it in a car like this". I had picked a street to the side of the freeway wall with no inlets to that side of the street, thinking it was safest. But, on the other side of the street he explained that the Ducks NHL team were signing autographs for kids at the local rink, so bad timing. I was honest explaining it was a short joyride from home roundtrip with no other purpose. He was very cool too me and let us go. :) I owe the local cops a few doughnuts, not the kind you do in a sports car. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif

#45 ·
only a police warning at 100+

Yep, the police officer only gave me a warning for going over 100mph. I was on a quick joy ride to show off to my cousin. We fish-tailed a bit in first and second coming around a corner (ESP turned off), then hit 100+. After that I brought it down:cheers: wanting only to hit 100. Then the cop pulled me over. He said that with a car like this he didn't blame me because "there is a time and place for it in a car like this". I had picked a street to the side of the freeway wall with no inlets to that side of the street, thinking it was safest. But, on the other side of the street he explained that the Ducks NHL team were signing autographs for kids at the local rink, so bad timing. I was honest explaining it was a short joyride from home roundtrip with no other purpose. He was very cool too me and let us go. :) I owe the local cops a few doughnuts, not the kind you do in a sports car. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif

#47 ·
My 2008 was 183 MPH. I do not know about other cars.

#52 ·
route 231 Babylon new york
Wow, brings back some memories! I used to drag race down there with my original Challenger ('71 R/T, 383 w/much top end work) back in high school ... many moons ago. Was a pretty good stretch of empty (i.e. no roads coming in or out) road down there between Montauk and Sunrise highways. I'd imagine it's all built up now, been a long, long time since I've been there.

Thanks for the memories ...

#59 ·
look, i'm one of the main ones to talk negatively about how slow the RT's are and stuff like that, but this car surprisingly climbed the RPMS a little faster than i expected....

one of the last things that i as thinking was the suspension - the car felt straight and true.

no wheel shake, no "floating" and no signs that red flagged me to slow down.

once i hit 148, the RPMS stuck at 5400 and the throttle stayed at 100%.

i took a picture with my cel phone first and then let off the throttle and cruised back down to 70mph.

......and since i'm a phgotographer, i just HAD to get one with myt camera, so i let'er rip again, HAHAHA !!!!

captured the 148 with my camera and it felt exactly the same - very straight, very true, very poised.

car felt great...

Reactions: ken kamins
#61 ·
I was trying to post in this thread but somehow seemed to end up in an older one... Or it's late and there's two threads going and I didn't realize it...

Had more left in her but ran out of room (traffic ahead).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.