Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How many times a month do you fill up your Challenger?

22K views 86 replies 47 participants last post by  MCO_Carter 
#1 ·
My brother fills his 5 times! He drives all over the state for work. Wanted to know if anyone has topped that lol

#3 ·
I drive 70 miles/day & usually fill up every Monday morning with 89. A full take in my RT (no mods other than exhaust, it's a 2011) depending on traffic in LA & OC I can pull into the garage on a Friday evening with 30 miles left in the tank. Add weekend driving and I'm filling up at least 5 times/month. Getting anywhere from 21 to 23 MPG which I think is pretty good for a V8 and crawling home in traffic for 1-1/2 hours each day.

#5 ·
every weekend (saturday maybe even friday) but even though its a V6 i can fill up twice a week... Drive 60-80km a day, half of that being traffic. half being highway. and 75% of the time driving like a stole it... So 4-6 times a month.

Shifty

#7 ·
I fill up all the time. I only keep 4-5 gallons in my car unless I'm road trippin'.
Less fuel = less weight = faster!!!

#48 ·
Plus more chances of striking convo with a hottie at the pump no doubt! ;)

#14 ·
I also go 5 times...

I drive 22 miles round trip Monday - Friday...then I hit my parents house on Saturday AND Sunday, which is a 42 mile round trip...

And every Sunday I wake up to get my haircut in downtown which is another 30 mile round trip...

I usually have right @ 1/4 tank, so I fill up with @ $55...

#20 ·
Same here! :) No grinding daily commutes are a Challenger owner's best friend. I'm slightly over twice a month, though...but those are half-tank visits, so I guess it works out similar to your own setup.

#27 ·
Hmmmm, my last fill-up was 10 days ago and I'm down to about 1/8 tank, a good chunk of that was from driving to/from a car show in Costa Mesa last weekend.

So, under normal conditions I'd say at this point it gets filled up once a month, maybe twice if I take it on a long drive.

I also get 27-28mpg on the freeway. :D Love it!

#28 ·
6-8 times per month, work commute is only 7 miles each way. Wife commute on the weekends is 275 miles each way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.