Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How much did you pay for your SRT8 Core?

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  plmczy14core 
#1 ·
I have been looking around for the last year at what I want to buy, an SRT8 Core, or an R/T with the scat packages. After test driving a used yellow jacket and a R/T Classic, I finally decided that I am going to order a new SRT8 Core. The dealer told me that he heard it may be fall before the Scat packages are released.

Ok, so I wanna know what you Core owners paid for yours. I have seen people say the invoice for a 42000 core was 40500 or so but I'm wondering what was the final selling price. I also see some people saying they paid 4000-5000 below the invoice for a R/t but nothing more about the Core.

#4 ·
You will be able to get a Core this summer provided you can find one to your specific color for close to what a loaded R/T Classic would cost. The R/Ts will have rebates, whereas SRT usually does not. Yes, it is possible to price a R/T Classic the same as a Core's MSRP. I hear this is the last year for the Core as well. I am guessing come summer with anticipation of the 2015s coming, mid 30s is what they will sell for before taxes. The Core's don't have the options/equipment like a 50K SRT, so dealers don't have as much wiggle room on them compared to your more option inflated SRTs.

#7 ·
I finally decided that I am going to order a new SRT8 Core.
If you want to order a new Core you better hurry...

Posted by Resume Speed on 2/07:

2014 SRT update

This month is your LAST CHANCE to order a 2014 SRT CORE model or SRT Premium model...

Production of 2014 Core and Premium SRTs will end when Satin Vapor Editions begin (~April 1st).

The Satin Vapor Edition will be the ONLY 2014 SRT that can be ordered for the rest of the model year after ordering closes this month.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2014-challenger-information-thread-98331/index35.html

SRT reveals Satin Vapor Edition 300, Charger and Challenger SRT models - Autoblog

#9 ·
2014 Core

I bought my Black, Vapor wheel, Automatic, Sun Roof, NAV equipped Core Model for $41,932 with gas guzzler, dealer prep etc. Sticker was $45,000 something. Go figure if you get a 2013 Core it's the first year, and 2014 is the last year, awesome! I've said it before, I like all of them including the SE, so I won't cut down a premium model or R/t. I bought almost exactly what I wanted and since it was off the lot I did pretty good. It was built 8-5-13 and it showed on the lot about the 20th, I picked it up the 24th. Get what you want, and enjoy it!

#10 ·
I bought my Black, Vapor wheel, Automatic, Sun Roof, NAV equipped Core Model for $41,932 with gas guzzler, dealer prep etc. Sticker was $45,000 something. Go figure if you get a 2013 Core it's the first year, and 2014 is the last year, awesome! I've said it before, I like all of them including the SE, so I won't cut down a premium model or R/t. I bought almost exactly what I wanted and since it was off the lot I did pretty good. It was built 8-5-13 and it showed on the lot about the 20th, I picked it up the 24th. Get what you want, and enjoy it!
Similarly I bought my 2014 black, sunroof, automatic, convenience group, etc., with a sticker of $45.5K for $40.7K. Not the best deal I've ever received but pretty good for a 2014 Core. If I'd been more patient I am pretty sure I could have got a 2013 SRT8 in the same ballpark or a slightly used one for less. The Core's a great car, I would also consider a slightly used CTS-V.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#13 ·
Thanks for all the advise. I picked up my brand new '13 Plum Crazy Core for 36,500. Only options were the Sirius radio and vapor wheels, and they gave me quite a bit more for my '11 SE than every other dealer offered. Sticker was 41,880. I did have to drive about 7 hours, and at the end of the trip there was over 500 miles on it, but I definitely believe I got the best deal that I could have. I couldn't be happier with the PCP also! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

#14 ·
Thanks for all the advise. I picked up my brand new '13 Plum Crazy Core for 36,500. Only options were the Sirius radio and vapor wheels, and they gave me quite a bit more for my '11 SE than every other dealer offered. Sticker was 41,880. I did have to drive about 7 hours, and at the end of the trip there was over 500 miles on it, but I definitely believe I got the best deal that I could have. I couldn't be happier with the PCP also! View attachment 190722
Congrats on your new Core, sounds like you found a great deal.

Reactions: KaineGibson
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.