Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I can't believe what I saw today

8K views 79 replies 42 participants last post by  DJ Hemi 
#1 ·
Maybe it's just me? On my way to work, I saw a brand spankin' new Challenger with rally stripes. I did the Challenger wave and it was a female smoking a cigarette. I didn't get a wave back, just a strange look. Now, I'm not preaching the dangers of smoking. Hell, I like a good cigar like the next guy. But, I would never smoke in my Challenger. No freakin' way. What do you think?

#8 ·
Gross

#10 ·
We quit smoking last January. We never smoked in our cool cars. Now. ..no car. When I was single, if I smoked (off and on smoker as I pleased) I never smoked in my cars. She was more addicted than me so I let the non "cool" cars be smoked in up til we quit. It is SO nice now. It's so much cleaner too.:thumbsup:

#12 ·
Two women are talking.

First woman to second woman: Do you smoke after sex?

Second woman: I don't know, I never looked.

#15 ·
"Call me a killjoy, but I think that, because this is not to my tastes, no one should enjoy it." -- Marge Simpson

Personally, I've never smoked a cigarette in my Challenger, or the Charger before it (I switched to electric last year), but I do use my Electric in it...no oder, no problem. If someone else does, that's their decision, it's not something I'd be shocked to see.

#16 ·
Oh my goodness! I can't believe that! The gall of someone to buy a car and do what they want to with it. That is just absolutely ridiculous that they didn't read the manual and adhere to the section titled, "Challenger Etiquette: The Thou Shalt Not's because others think it is wrong". You should have followed her and waited until she stopped and stomped over to her vehicle, grabbed the cigarette from her, broke it in half, and spit in her face and told her how improper it is to do whatever she wants to in her vehicle.

#18 ·
I saw a kid eating cheerios in his moms challenger....I was shocked I mean cmon thats crazy, that woman does not deserve a challenger :laugh2:

#33 ·
I definitely agree, do what you want with your car.

I am a long time cigarette smoker. But if I feel the need for some nicotine, I pull over somewhere, get out of my car, have my smoke and get back it. Its not so much for the smell. I have burn holes in the driver's seat before, I don't want to do it to my pride and joy.

#34 ·
I have smoked in every car/truck I have owned. Most people would never know it. Only with the windows rolled down and hand out the window. Cold days? No smoke. No problem.

#35 ·
Used to smoke, use a vaporizer now. Makes the car smell like vanilla.

But still around 25% of Americans smoke, and I guarantee out of that 25% at least some of them drive Challengers, and a percent of those will smoke in the car.

There's nothing shocking about that. Plus any decent detailer can make that smell go away entirely. Then when you sell it, you can put in your ad "non-smoker, always garaged, never driven in the rain, adult driver" and any other BS you can think of.

Reactions: R/TWildChild
#39 · (Edited)
The car is the last bastion of freedom for a person to choose to smoke freely in, we don't have to obey the wife or girlfriend in my car. If you don't like the way I behave in my car, don't ride next to me. Been smoking for 20+ years, always smoked in the cars, and can attest that I keep it pretty darn clean except the floor mats. If anything should happen to the seats in the car, I have the original leathers to put back on if I had to.

I'm in the middle of attempting to quit smoking now, and have stopped smoking in the car only as a means to delay or ignore the ability to smoke. It won't keep me from drinking, eating fast food or letting the dog ride in the car if I need to use it that way. I have a daily driver for a reason, my backup cars are for situational needs. When the cars are new, you do try to avoid it, but eventually you usually cave. Doesn't mean I will allow anyone else to smoke in it though, never have so far, don't expect to, but there aren't as many smoker as there used to be either.

I will admit to feeling a little stupid hauling lumber in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.