Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I love this car!!!!!

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  CMCL3M0R3 
#1 ·
So I'm driving home from work today in my two-week-old 2013 Rallye Redline, and I'm waiting patiently behind the eco-hybrid-ricer who can't seem to find a large enough gap to merge onto the parkway. I slide my CD into the U730 and crank up the HK Premium Sound while I've got those precious few moments to kill. Finally he rolls on out, and of course I don't have any trouble nailing the gap and sailing straight past, just as the double bass drums kick in on Arch Enemy's Dead Eyes See No Future, which sounds glorious in Audio Surround. All 18 speakers are cranking out bliss, and I'm really loving life watching the ricer disappear in my mirrors while I'm swaddled in the Napa red leather seats that are rumbling courtesy of the factory twin subwoofers in the trunk.

And then, it happens.

The EVIC sends me a message that "the turn signal is still on." So cool...Maybe I couldn't hear them, but that's the first time I've had a car that was cool enough to tell me so.

I LOVE MY CHALLENGER!!! :banger:

#2 ·
It used to be me telling my dad "your blinker is still on". Pretty cool the car will tell you that. Those red leather seats are pretty cool too!

#3 ·
So I'm driving home from work today in my two-week-old 2013 Rallye Redline, and I'm waiting patiently behind the eco-hybrid-ricer who can't seem to find a large enough gap to merge onto the parkway. I slide my CD into the U730 and crank up the HK Premium Sound while I've got those precious few moments to kill. Finally he rolls on out, and of course I don't have any trouble nailing the gap and sailing straight past, just as the double bass drums kick in on Arch Enemy's Dead Eyes See No Future, which sounds glorious in Audio Surround. All 18 speakers are cranking out bliss, and I'm really loving life watching the ricer disappear in my mirrors while I'm swaddled in the Napa red leather seats that are rumbling courtesy of the factory twin subwoofers in the trunk.

And then, it happens.

The EVIC sends me a message that "the turn signal is still on." So cool...Maybe I couldn't hear them, but that's the first time I've had a car that was cool enough to tell me so.

I LOVE MY CHALLENGER!!! :banger:
I think you just might be crossing the line into you're in love with your Challenger! Nice to hear how excited you are. Any word on the new Mini?

#6 ·
On the left side of your steering wheel, press the page button to scroll through the options, and you will see the green EVIC information display underneath your speedometer. It tells you things like what radio station you are listening to, what your odometer reading is, and what the exterior temperature is.

In the situation I described in the original post, I didn't do anything at all...the "turn signal is still on" message popped up automatically in the display.

:angel:

#7 ·
On the left side of your steering wheel, press the page button to scroll through the options, and you will see the green EVIC information display underneath your speedometer. It tells you things like what radio station you are listening to, what your odometer reading is, and what the exterior temperature is.

In the situation I described in the original post, I didn't do anything at all...the "turn signal is still on" message popped up automatically in the display.

:angel:
For whatever reason I don't tend to look down as I drive so if there was that message I'd miss it. Now that you said it I will try it.
So how many miles on that nice new ride now?

#9 ·
Glad you loving it. There are things I'm still finding out about my challenger. I didn't know the middle console top pad slid forward. What is that for, just added support for the arm?

Also found out that you can use the remote to roll the windows down. Press the unlock door button once, and then again...and hold. YOu can roll down however long you hold the button in. Cool.

Jimbo

#11 ·
Ha - my 94 Buick Roadmaster had a turn signal on warning but I don't think it was there because they expected the driver to have the tunes cranked so loud he couldn't hear the blinker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.