Interesting - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Soooooo, the joke is not even that original!!!!

Street Racing Deaths
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM

Assault Vehicle Ban!

Those with manual transmissions can rest easy now. I got to the bottom of this. The concern is only for fully automatic transmissions.

P.S. (IT'S A JOKE!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ragtop4spto6spd? For This Useful Post:
Phenix (03-12-2014), rmfootball69 (12-22-2012)
#23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop4spto6spd? View Post
When you (we) post, laugh this fake poster off as the joke it is (extremely poorly timed in my opinion, as we as a society bury 20 innocent children). For those who comment as if it is real, or those who tilt their head and say, "could it be real?", we just look like fools. Enjoy your cars, nobody is coming for them.
Granted, as a people we were rocked by the sinister taking of innocents recently by a madman in Connecticut. Such shocking and senseless events are likely to continue for some time to come. I weep. Certainly, it is beyond sobering. But to introduce a harmless yet nonetheless, thought provoking thread such as this one, into the matter of the Newtown slayings is absurd and irresponsible. As to your condemnation of those of us who questioned the veracity of the poster, I cannot help but ask, what is so outrageous about the notion of perhaps the government eliminating the production of American muscle cars? DO YOU KNOW OF THE EXCESSES now being brazenly exercised by people in positions of authority and leadership? Do you like salt on your fries? Do you enjoy a Big Gulp? NYC restrictions short of an outright ban? Not on your life...go on...get outa' here...this is America!!
Peace in the New Year.

drl's
MOPAR Wheel Locks, 20" Chrome Clads, Nitrogen Filled, "W" Speed Rated, FIRESTONE Indy 500 Wide Ovals
Functional Hood Scoops
MAXI-VIEW Blind Spot Mirrors
Synthetic 5W-20 PENNZOIL
MGP Header Orange, Silver Inlaid "Challenger" Scripted Caliper Covers
MOPAR CAI
BORLA Catback Stingers
MOPAR front strut tower brace
DS Trinity T1000 @ 91 tune
NEXT UP in '15 - CARB legal ceramic coated shorties...Baby be singin'

Last edited by WYFSKAAR; 12-21-2012 at 09:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WYFSKAAR For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-21-2012)
#24 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYFSKAAR View Post
Granted, as a people we were rocked by the sinister taking of innocents recently by a madman in Connecticut. Such shocking and senseless events are likely to continue for some time to come. I weep. Certainly, it is beyond sobering. But to introduce a harmless yet nonetheless, thought provoking thread such as this one, into the matter of the Newtown slayings is absurd and irresponsible. As to your condemnation of those of us who questioned the veracity of the poster, I cannot help but ask, what is so outrageous about the notion of perhaps the government eliminating the production of American muscle cars? DO YOU KNOW OF THE EXCESSES now being brazenly exercised by people in positions of authority and leadership? Do you like salt on your fries? Do you enjoy a Big Gulp? NYC restrictions short of an outright ban? Not on your life...go on...get outa' here...this is America!!
Peace in the New Year.
The connection, my friend, is that this poster (the subject of this thread and two other threads) has nothing to do with banning cars, it is a satirical and intentional comparison to guns, related to the gun control issue. I own guns, and do not debate the gun control issue (it's just a personal choice I won't go into here). The poster (the car poster) is directly related to the gun control debate (and it is a direct reference to assault weapons, i.e. fully automatic firing weapons and large capacity clips, where one gun control argument has always been, what legitimate use is there to American civilians owning assault weapons). Let's make it clear, I'm not arguing the gun points. I said I own guns, and I realize the fun of shooting all types of guns. The poster connection is obvious. Some folks are going to want to debate both sides of the gun control issue this close to the Newtown tragedy. My point, and I stand by it, is that satire on the automatic gun issue (whichever side you are on), including joke graphics (the car poster) is rather insensitive at this time. It's not that far a stretch to understand and I don't mind explaining it, but taking a minute to understand why that poster was developed and put out now will bring clarity. I expect the poster was developed within the last week, but since gun control debates have been ongoing for years, it's possible it existed before. In either case, it is appropriate to take it down off its original site for anyone with any respect.

Last edited by ragtop4spto6spd?; 12-21-2012 at 04:56 PM.
#25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Someone must be butt hurt that they got beat by a 392 hemi. Lol
#26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Yeah, definitely not the forum for political debates. I regret even putting my own comments a few hours ago. Bottom line, it's a joke.
Now somebody please start another exhaust/CAI thread.

Once again, just kidding guys.

2012 Challenger...totally NOT stock.
#27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 06:19 PM

Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,113 Posts
On KCAL News Los Angeles last night, a discussion of how legal firearms can 'easily' be transformed into 'assault weapons' and a story on how much business local gunshops were doing (as if it were a surprise given the current climate and White House statements). So, yeah, such tragedies are exploited every single time. Those events become polarizing flashpoints. The pro-gun folks, maybe not so much recreational hobbyists, are usually on the reaction side when it happens.
Definitely a political and sensitive subject, just like the guy who made the poster was making a political statement by way of satire. I like analogies and think it has a lot of truth.
#28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYFSKAAR<br />
Granted, as a people we were rocked by the sinister taking of innocents recently by a madman in Connecticut. Such shocking and senseless events are likely to continue for some time to come. I weep. Certainly, it is beyond sobering. But to introduce a harmless yet nonetheless, thought provoking thread such as this one, into the matter of the Newtown slayings is absurd and irresponsible. As to your condemnation of those of us who questioned the veracity of the poster, I cannot help but ask, what is so outrageous about the notion of perhaps the government eliminating the production of American muscle cars? DO YOU KNOW OF THE EXCESSES now being brazenly exercised by people in positions of authority and leadership? Do you like salt on your fries? Do you enjoy a Big Gulp? NYC restrictions short of an outright ban? Not on your life...go on...get outa' here...this is America!!<br />
Peace in the New Year.
<br />
<br />
The connection, my friend, is that this poster (the subject of this thread and two other threads) has nothing to do with banning cars, it is a satirical and intentional comparison to guns, related to the gun control issue. I own guns, and do not debate the gun control issue (it's just a personal choice I won't go into here). The poster (the car poster) is directly related to the gun control debate (and it is a direct reference to assault weapons, i.e. fully automatic firing weapons and large capacity clips, where one gun control argument has always been, what legitimate use is there to American civilians owning assault weapons). Let's make it clear, I'm not arguing the gun points. I said I own guns, and I realize the fun of shooting all types of guns. The poster connection is obvious. Some folks are going to want to debate both sides of the gun control issue this close to the Newtown tragedy. My point, and I stand by it, is that satire on the automatic gun issue (whichever side you are on), including joke graphics (the car poster) is rather insensitive at this time. It's not that far a stretch to understand and I don't mind explaining it, but taking a minute to understand why that poster was developed and put out now will bring clarity. I expect the poster was developed within the last week, but since gun control debates have been ongoing for years, it's possible it existed before. In either case, it is appropriate to take it down off its original site for anyone with any respect.
I very much appreciate your response sir! I so love an honest, civil, intellectual debate. Thank you.
Our's appears to be a matter of perception more than anything else. Perhaps mine is somewhat broader however. You present your case well. You are articulate in your delivery. Your ownership of a point, well taken. You are steadfast.
Bravo sir...Bravo!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
#29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and your family! I try to keep discussions (and debates when they occur) civil and respectful, but I'm human also so my wording can be imperfect at times. I do want to talk mostly cars, but I can't deny there are a lot of interwoven issues today that relate to cars. One thing is for sure that we all agree on, I'm glad Challengers are still made and available to us, and always will own and drive mine! Freedom of choice in vehicles is core to the American ideal !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ragtop4spto6spd? For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-22-2012), WYFSKAAR (12-21-2012)
#30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 11:20 PM

Thanked 1,156 Times in 692 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Come Get Some!!!

Brett DiMichele

2011 Toxic Orange

2015 SRT Hellcat on order with Bob Frederick (Billet Silver, Sepia Languna)

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toxic11 For This Useful Post:
BEIST (12-24-2012), Brent60 (12-22-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode