The Joy Ride Fiasco... - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves12R/T View Post
This spells out exactly what I was thinking as I read Jake's story. Jake, you are extremely lucky you didn't get some Type-A officer investigating your case.
I hear ya. The officers who arrived were very kind about the whole thing. I explained what had happened, expressed my embarrassment over the situation, and they were very helpful and friendly towards me. It's situations like this that made me stop going out a long time ago. Nothing good ever comes from bars, sports viewing leads to excess & high expense, leads to bad judgement leads to drama. It's a given. I'll be returning to my home-based ways from now on.

2011 GWE SRT8-392-M6, Sunroof, 730N Media/Nav Kicker System, Black Pocket SRT Wheels, 15% Tint, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, K&N Drop-In Filter, MOPAR Alum. Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 695 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeInFla View Post
Nothing good ever comes from bars,
*Nods* I do my drinking at home or at a friends house. I have zero ambition to bar hop. Never have!

I'd rather party at a friends party that way I am at least friends with all the drunken *******s (myself included)

Brett DiMichele

2011 Toxic Orange

2015 SRT Hellcat on order with Bob Frederick (Billet Silver, Sepia Languna)

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Toxic11 For This Useful Post:
JakeInFla (11-25-2012)
#23 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Im not going to beat you up as you already know what happened and hopefully learned.

But did you ask the bar for the guys info or did the cops? Maybe he used a credit card that could have his name on?

Best of luck, hard way to learn but sometimes thats the way it goes.

Oh yeah Im in florida too, too many POS here that I wouldnt let anyone drive my car unless they are able to flip the bill for damages and that I trust they would....

Last edited by Rales; 11-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rales For This Useful Post:
snowcat256 (11-25-2012)
#24 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rales View Post
Im not going to beat you up as you already know what happened and hopefully learned.

But did you ask the bar for the guys info or did the cops? Maybe he used a credit card that could have his name on?

Best of luck, hard way to learn but sometimes thats the way it goes.

Oh yeah Im in florida too, too many POS here that I wouldnt let anyone drive my car unless they are able to flip the bill for damages and that I trust they would....
There's the twist. He works there. I met him the last time I popped over a while back. He was a good guy, or so I thought. He even bought a few rounds here and there. That's what makes this even stranger. I texted him today explaining the situation and he replied with a staunch..."I didn't hit a thing!" It must have been like that...and other similar explanations. The police went inside and obtained his information. The staff refused me when I asked them, after the fact. Protecting their own I guess.
#25 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM

I would not tell my insurance company about this. They could well tag you to be dropped. You lent your car to a person who was drinking, while being drunk. They will take this as complete bad judgement on your part. You can either pay for the repair bill or try and get the repair bill from the cook. Do what you must but keep your insurance out of this, or your next policy will be costing you a lot more.
#26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1046 View Post
I would not tell my insurance company about this. They could well tag you to be dropped. You lent your car to a person who was drinking, while being drunk. They will take this as complete bad judgement on your part. You can either pay for the repair bill or try and get the repair bill from the cook. Do what you must but keep your insurance out of this, or your next policy will be costing you a lot more.
Oh no. I wouldn't claim this under insurance. It's my judgement that lead to it. I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the piper. Also, I don't need my rates going up. I have a safe driver history and minimal repairs on file going back 20+ years. I doubt I'll get a cent from the cook. It is what it is: A semi-expensive back to reality lesson and a reminder to keep my head out of my a$$!

Last edited by JakeInFla; 11-25-2012 at 05:06 PM.
#27 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM

WOW... yes, lesson should be learned... I stopped drinking for the most part. Never go out anymore... 41YO now...and just stopped about 7 years ago when my little buddy was born. Now I got more important things to do. Get this thing fixed up and do more fun things in life. I wasted a lot of years... a lot of Saturdays... trying to recover from hang overs... I would have been better off saving all the money and buying some hobby stuff, or working out, enjoying my weekends...instead of trying to recover.

Let it be something of and awakening for you, and hope it does't cost you a ton.

'10 Toyota RAV4 green
'13 Toyota Tacoma TRD
'14 GT 500 silver and black
'11 GWE SRT Challenger - traded
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conceptmachine For This Useful Post:
JakeInFla (11-25-2012), snowcat256 (11-25-2012)
#28 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Talking WoW !!

Dude Am not going to beat you up either..Yea Right !!....You handed you keys to a cook at a bar and said "Here take it for a spin" Your lucky it came back at all much less wrecked.....$50,000 car and your handing out the keys for a joy ride...And what makes it even worse..you didnt go with him !

Live and learn my friend...Bet you won't do that again !

The alcohol lent to my extreme idiocy. <<< You said it..Not me !

08 SRT8 Upgrades:
AIRAID
Blastin Bobs 3" resonated delete
Powder coated SRT rims w/metal accent

Challenger sills & mats w/pedal dress up
Quad rear tips
Mopar steering wheel upgrade
Blend Mount
Sequential tails
Hurst kit
B.T. c/can

Pettys tower brace x 2
Eibach F & R sway bar

KW V2 coil overs
Pedders F & R

Last edited by snowcat256; 11-25-2012 at 05:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowcat256 For This Useful Post:
JakeInFla (11-25-2012)
#29 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcat256 View Post
Dude Am not going to beat you up either..Yea Right !!....You handed you keys to a cook at a bar and said "Here take it for a spin" Your lucky it came back at all much less wrecked.....$50,000 car and your handing out the keys for a joy ride...And what makes it even worse..you didnt go with him !

Live and learn my friend...Bet you won't do that again !
Ya see there Jake, that's it in a nutshell right there ^. Had you been driving a POS Mustang or Camaro nobody would give a #$%^ about the car and would just be telling you not to drink so much in future. LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlennW For This Useful Post:
JakeInFla (11-25-2012), snowcat256 (11-25-2012)
#30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 695 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I'm just glad it didn't end up like this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode