Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Just Had My Car Stolen!!! CarJacked!!!

29K views 136 replies 68 participants last post by  cerino2000 
#1 ·
I'm okay no harm was Done To Me.The Crazy Thing About It Is That The Guy That Car Jacked Me Had A Challenger Too! I Just Recently updated My Intune DcX-1000 And Was Doing A Data Log Late Night Like I Always Do And Came off the expressway (290 Dan Ryan Expressway In Chicago) coming off congress downtown area and stopped for a Gatorade and here comes a challenger like mine(Tungsten Gray)Except Mine Has A Matte Black Hood On It.It Was A 2010 challenger SE And One Guy Gets Out Of The Car And Asked Me For Directions to get back out West So I Gave Him Directions On How To Get Out West And As I Go In the Gas Station And buy my Gatorade He's Still Outside Him And The Other Guy
Driving A Challenger.So I Get Inside My Car(Which Was Still Running) I Unlock The Doors With My Key-Fob
In my pocket And As I Get In The Other Guy I just Gave Directions To
Fake Like He's Going inside The Gas Station turns Around And Opens My Door And Get In My Car And Pulls A Gun(Semi Automatic) on Me And Tells Me"You Know What Time it Is. After This **** Happens We Drive Out West And The Next Exit Is "Ashland" So He Tells Me to Get off exit and Pull in an Alley Way So They Can Take My Car.We Pull in the Alley And The guy that was Driving the challenger like my Decides to take my Jacket And Wanted My Shoes As Well,But His Friend That Was in the car With Me Told Him No Just Take The Jacket.I Know This Could Of Went Way Worser Than It This,Just Thankful That I'm Okay And I Can Always Get Another Challenger Again.
Thank U Guys For Hearing Me Out.

See less See more
#35 ·
Here in New Jersey even if you could get a carry permit they'd probably put you in jail for defending yourself. If a walking turd came into your home you can't shoot him with hearing nonsense. You can't block their path to get away either.
Basically they'd prefer that you leave the premises rather than defend your home.
My next house will be in a state where you can carry.
The op is lucky the idiots went from car jacker to kidnapper then decided to let him go.

Reactions: c26bt34c
#38 ·
I hope I'm wrong, but something's fishy here.

How in the world does a carjacker who is driving in a Challenger, and knows it needs the key-fob to operate, jack another Challenger and NOT get the key-fob as a crucial part of the jack?

#39 ·
I felt the same way too. The story just didn't seem right. But, maybe the intent of the thief was to drive the vehicle to a safe location and perhaps steal parts. Maybe strip the vehicle down and sell the parts.

I friend of mines 240 was found that way. The car was found completely stripped. Funny thing was they found the car a few blocks away from her apartment.

#40 ·
I live in the Chicago area and i am also a concealed carry card holder. My 9mm Smith & Wesson stays on my hip everywhere i go because of **** like this!! I know some things are damn near impossible to avoid but always pay attention to your surroundings and NEVER go to a gas station late at night unless its a emergency and your running out of gas. Im glad your ok and hopefully you can upgrade to a R/T and make some good out this bad situation:thumbsup:

#43 ·
Here is what I would have done had I got caught with my pants down unable to face shoot him: I would have hauled as much ass as I could and drive erratically as hell while he is in the vehicle. He won't shoot you, or you'll lose control and crash hopefully killing him in the process. Or you'll get the attention of a cop as you drive 140MPH down the road switching lanes like a madman. Sounds like some mall Ninja crap, but to me it's better than having my ride jacked.

Glad you're okay though. Have the police found your ride yet?

#44 ·
Here is what I would have done had I got caught with my pants down unable to face shoot him: I would have hauled as much ass as I could and drive erratically as hell while he is in the vehicle. He won't shoot you, or you'll lose control and crash hopefully killing him in the process. Or you'll get the attention of a cop as you drive 140MPH down the road switching lanes like a madman. Sounds like some mall Ninja crap, but to me it's better than having my ride jacked.

Glad you're okay though. Have the police found your ride yet?
He won't shoot you? Don't be so sure, the piece of crap has nothing to lose, jail is even better than home for him anyway.

If someone points a gun at you and wants your car, GIVE IT TO HIM, it's only a car.

#46 ·
No Call Saying They Found My Car Yet.I got a hold of my insurance company this morning and they told Me that if they don't find my car within Two Weeks to A Month They will Just write it Off.All Day I've a Been Looking At different Challengers mainly RT's & SRT's

#53 · (Edited)
My son's car was stolen similar to your situation a few years ago. Insurance company paid it off in about a month - told me so many cars get stolen that the police don't waste their time looking for them. I had GAP insurance on the car, so I didn't even have to pay the deductible. Not only did they pay my car off, when I bought a replacement, they sent me a refund for the taxes I paid on the new car.

#52 ·
I know a lot of people have this image of themselves being the "hero" in this situation... but honestly with a thief putting a gun to your head, a concealed knife, pistol, or hand grenade (okay... maybe a hand grenade might work) isn't going to do you much good. Let's be realistic about the situation. I certainly hope none of you would try some Jackie Chan stuntman crap in trying to draw your weapon with a gun already pointed at you. How often have you practiced a seated draw of your concealed weapon? Now how often have you done that with your adrenaline spiked through the roof? Just a recipe for disaster.

I'm pro-carry, but I'm also pro-common sense. You have to pick your battles. One that starts off with a gun in your face is not one worth fighting.

A car, no matter how much you paid for it, is just that --- a car. You can get another one. Not sure if there are extra lives for sale nowadays though.

#56 · (Edited)
This is the most intelligent post I've read in this thread so far. Several people have commented that, had it been them in the car with their gun, these guys would be dead. Are the car jackets scum bags? Yes. Do they deserve death for stealing a car?

Has anyone noticed that the victim was unarmed and no one got hurt?

I shoot fairly regularly and believe in the 2nd. But wisdom is, sometimes, the best weapon.

And to the OP. I'm really sorry you had to go through that and am glad you're ok but, for the love of God, please stop capitalizing every word in your posts!!!

#57 · (Edited)
Is it worth the thieves life? That is a question the thief needs to be asking.
Maybe if more of us stood our ground at all levels then the thief could make a better decision. I'm sick and tired of what appears to be "oh poor thief" when it needs to be "oh poor victim. We've had enough and not going to take it anymore!"
As for gun rights.. -Two separate areas. They are not one and the same.-
and it was brought up; some holsters are not meant for the weapon to be drawn. some weapons just sit in a purse and are designed to be fired without being removed as well. and yes. Just as you didn't jump in a Hellcat and take off, you need trained in various scenarios..

#60 ·
1st and foremost. Glad your o.k. and walked away.

You could have been dropped off deep in an area were your chances of surviving
were none.

I too live in the Chicago area and avoid the South and west sides like the plague because of crap like this.

Sad thing is even if you do defend yourself in some way, the laws seem to be in favor of the Criminals.

Count your Blessings. Keep us posted.

#63 ·
Good luck, bro!

#65 ·
Hopefully the criminal catches it in the butthole if he gets thrown in jail lol

Reactions: Havemeat1
#66 ·
We all need to be alert here.

I read an article a few months ago, that, newer cars with their built in security and electronics are getting more difficult to just out right steal. So thieves are resorting to more car jackings to steal newer model cars....directly from you. Another thing the article pointed out was that less manual transmission cars are stolen as so many of the younger thieves do not know how to drive them.

Stay safe out there everyone ! :grin2:

To the bad guys: :fight:

#71 ·
Sucks to hear someone's ride got stolen/jacked. Glad to hear you're OK... and they found your car. Hopefully it will not have been stripped or vandalized.

I read somewhere the typical car jacking takes place in less than 15 seconds. It happens so fast most are too shocked to do anything but comply and then it's over. The fact these goons took you on a ride is desperate and even stupid as hell and one would hope is not the new normal for stealing a car.

As for the gun comments. I'm thankful my state, Georgia, allows me to carry and even conceal my weapon on my person. We have the right to defend our self with lethal force if we feel an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death... I think carjacking qualifies and certainly kidnapping!

I find it utterly confusing how some states can walk all over the constitution and pass laws that directly contradict our rights as American citizens to defend ourselves.

#72 ·
I think taking the fob was the brilliant part and probably why the car was recovered. With that in mind, is there any way to shut the ignition off remotely with the fob if the car was started normally but is now driving off fob-less? I suspect not but wouldn't it be nice if you could hit the panic button or something and that would shut the ignition off even if someone is driving it: as long as when the button is pressed, no fob is detected IN the car? In a situation like this, when you know you are safe (and if you are still near enough to the car), you could press the button and then duck behind or into a building. Scum get stopped in their tracks and you are nowhere to be found.

Mike

#73 ·
Opens My Door And Get In My Car And Pulls A Gun(Semi Automatic) on Me
Only moonbat liberal gun banners throw out terms like "semi automatic" when discussing firearms. It's a buzzword to them, meant to bring about the fear and indignation that they think their audience will feel towards the evil guns that plague their otherwise "sophisticated" society. They will never recognize that their own ignorance and cowardice and uselessness, while deeply instilled in them, is not shared by everyone. Have fun with that liberal utopia that decades of Democrat leadership has brought about in Chicago, Illinois...

#75 · (Edited)
Well guys I've seen my car and it's not good in my eyes. the interior back seats is ripped and the right side passenger Wheel Its Bent Up Pretty Badly.My diablosport Intune dcx still works but the connector pins are bent badly.all my Registration Papers Are Gone I Can't Even Leave The Towing lot without my Registration Papers,I know it can all be repaired
But it's going to be a long process ahead of me.Thanks For Hearing Me Out.

#77 ·
Glad to see your car was recovered. What bothers me is the fact they took your registration. Lots of personal information on that. They have your address now. Not trying to stir anything up. I hope they catch whoever it was. Luckily criminals tend to be moronic and they like to leave little clues as to who they are (fingerprints). Good luck with the "recovery process". Hope everything works out.

#78 ·
My father always taught us to keep the registration and insurance card in our wallet, his reasoning was if a car was taken and pulled over the thief had no proof of anything and was screwed especially because their ID doesn't match the plates and they can't offer any supporting documents.. In this scenario they wouldn't have the owners home address either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.