Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Just Had My Car Stolen!!! CarJacked!!!

29K views 136 replies 68 participants last post by  cerino2000 
#1 ·
I'm okay no harm was Done To Me.The Crazy Thing About It Is That The Guy That Car Jacked Me Had A Challenger Too! I Just Recently updated My Intune DcX-1000 And Was Doing A Data Log Late Night Like I Always Do And Came off the expressway (290 Dan Ryan Expressway In Chicago) coming off congress downtown area and stopped for a Gatorade and here comes a challenger like mine(Tungsten Gray)Except Mine Has A Matte Black Hood On It.It Was A 2010 challenger SE And One Guy Gets Out Of The Car And Asked Me For Directions to get back out West So I Gave Him Directions On How To Get Out West And As I Go In the Gas Station And buy my Gatorade He's Still Outside Him And The Other Guy
Driving A Challenger.So I Get Inside My Car(Which Was Still Running) I Unlock The Doors With My Key-Fob
In my pocket And As I Get In The Other Guy I just Gave Directions To
Fake Like He's Going inside The Gas Station turns Around And Opens My Door And Get In My Car And Pulls A Gun(Semi Automatic) on Me And Tells Me"You Know What Time it Is. After This **** Happens We Drive Out West And The Next Exit Is "Ashland" So He Tells Me to Get off exit and Pull in an Alley Way So They Can Take My Car.We Pull in the Alley And The guy that was Driving the challenger like my Decides to take my Jacket And Wanted My Shoes As Well,But His Friend That Was in the car With Me Told Him No Just Take The Jacket.I Know This Could Of Went Way Worser Than It This,Just Thankful That I'm Okay And I Can Always Get Another Challenger Again.
Thank U Guys For Hearing Me Out.

See less See more
#4 ·
Man that sucks! Glad you are O.K. and you are right, you can get another car.

But I hope they find the dudes that took it! I hate scum!

Reactions: djpiezo
#5 ·
Yeah I know what time it is, time to change my underwear.... WOw, glad it was just the car, it could have gone worse/ Hopefully the store has security cameras that will help catch the guys

#7 ·
Take the cops back to the place where you bought the Gatorade. They may have a video camera and could have gotten a picture/video of them hanging around or even the license plate on the other Challenger (of course that could have been stolen too). But anything helps.

This is one of the many reasons that I wish, with all the tech they dumped into these cars, at least the new ones should have a GPS locator built-in. I know, I know... I'll get plenty of "I wouldn't want my car back" but I don't care about that. I just don't want the scum to have it! And get away with it!

Mike

#9 · (Edited)
This is one of the many reasons that I wish, with all the tech they dumped into these cars, at least the new ones should have a GPS locator built-in. I know, I know... I'll get plenty of "I wouldn't want my car back" but I don't care about that. I just don't want the scum to have it! And get away with it!

Mike
the new ones do have this. it costs $14.99 a month for the service. no way to remove it either.

Uconnect® Access | The next generation of connectivity

Stolen Vehicle Assistance+
If your vehicle is ever stolen, Uconnect® Care can provide your vehicle location to police to help them track it down.

#8 ·
Scary! Glad you're ok. That could've been really bad for you. Cars can be replaced, you can't. Are there any distinguishing things about your car? I'm in Chicago too and could let you know if I spot the car.

#14 ·
I changed my personal settings too.. its automatically set up to open both doors on mine when I use the keyless entry on the door handle. A quick change and now only the drivers side opens.

I don't know if this would have been any good in this situation w/ a gun tho. Glad you're ok..

#18 ·
CRAZY! Glad you're ok physically and try not to let it mess with your head too much.

Hopefully these dirt bags are caught soon.

#19 ·
Keep us updated, glad you're ok.

#23 ·
Holy crap!!! Hope you get your car back :(

#30 ·
Dang. That is crazy. First time reading, I couldn't really believe whether the story was real or just for amusement. More the reason to defend myself and arm myself. I'll think twice before going anywhere next time, especially on long road trips. Don't these challengers have some kind of Uconnect tracker or something. I know it uses a satellite connection. The dealership told me if someone stole their car, they have access to shut the car down and know the location.

#32 ·
Glad you're well, it could have had quite a different outcome. With multiple people and cars it's not worth it to try and be a hero.
If the public had the opportunity in every state to carry a weapon the scum would think twice as they don't want to get killed either.
The car will turn up at some point and hopefully they just walked away.
I know someone who was car jacked and the car was in perfect shape when found, maybe you'll be as fortunate, good luck and keep us updated.

#67 ·
If the public had the opportunity in every state to carry a weapon the scum would think twice as they don't want to get killed either.

WHOA there cowboy...

...given the # of irrational hair-trigger tempers exhibited on this site alone, the "shoot/ready/aim" mentality is far FAR too prevalent for me to be comfortable having a bunch of undertrained, unpracticed tough-guy wannabes toting their guns around hoping for a chance to use them.

The incidents of bystanders being hit will skyrocket; hells bells the average LEO rarely pulls a gun except at the range and look at the number of news stories this year alone of officers shooting at one individual multiple times with only a 10 % hit rate. No thx.

2015 Pitch Black 6M R/T Scat Pack 392
Catch can; custom stripes; HC headlight CAI.

#34 ·
I carry concealed too.. but like quite a few states, our permits are only valid in that state.

Raised w/ Mopar and Handguns.. Pistol pack in' mama'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.