Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Keyfob Not Detected>>2015

22K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Sherrylee1971 
#1 · (Edited)
I know this one is a real classic topic. I've done the search.
I'm just wondering if anyone else got this yet on a 2015 car?

Just got it today on mine. Have had the car roughly 3 weeks.

Haven't tried changing the battery yet. Didn't have time to deal with it.

Here's the behavior tree if anyone is curious:

• Buttons on the FOB lock and unlock the doors fine.
  • But, keyless entry at the handle doesn't work.
  • Keyless lock via the black button on the door handle also not working.
  • Also, starting the car doesn't work (keyfob not detected reads on the display).
  • CAN start the motor by putting the FOB right near the START button on the dash though
Could there be just enough voltage in a drained FOB battery for the buttons to work, but not enough for the keyless go signal? Kind of weird that buttons work but not keyless go signal.

See less See more
#2 ·
I would take it to the dealer and let them figure it out being only 3 weeks old and messing up. Mine's a 2010 and when my fob started acting up it was a bad control module....

#5 ·
My '13 (close to 18 months old) has started doing the same 'not detected' thing periodically, and the door handle problem is becoming somewhat regular. So far, getting off and then reapplying the brake fixes the start issue. As to the lock, I can see the button through the window trying to move, but not enough to unlock. Almost like it's stuck somehow. Tried the other key which has never been used and got the same result. Both lock and unlock with the fob buttons no problem. I haven't seen the problem locking with the button on the handle... just with the keyless unlock.

#6 ·
Ironically this just happened to me today. I figured it was just a weird fluke but since this is apparently a real thing, I'll be on the lookout the next couple of days.

#8 ·
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. If the issue is not battery related then the dealer should inspect for the condition.

Reactions: RWL11
#9 · (Edited)
OP here. Well, back to normal. No idea what happened. Didn't even change the FOB battery. Did open the fob, take battery out and put it back in. Will update if I get the weird keyless behavior again.

Im going to chalk it up to environmental interference for now. Makes me feel better not thinking about a gremlin lurking. I just hope it doesn't embarrass me at the wrong time...

#11 ·
I just got a 2015 Scat Pack about a week an a half ago. I hate hearing the key fob not detected problem is still ongoing. I had two sets of fobs replaced on my 2010 R/T and the 3rd one would still occasionally do it. I would have to hold the fob right next to the push button.

#12 · (Edited)
2015 SRT 392 Got the dreaded Key fob not detected alert today after having it parked for about 1 hr. Called roadside assistance, useless, they wanted to tow it. Called drivesrt and they told me to open the red button and use my key and when I informed them that ended with the 14 models they put me on hold and after 5 minutes came back with place the nose of the key fob against the start button and use that to push the button. It worked. Off to the dealer 50 miles away, checked all out, no codes, both key fobs worked, batteries tested fine in fob, told to bring it back if it does it again.

#13 ·
i got a new loading card from gulf oil..its a thick credit card that has a chip in it (security type)it opens doors and gates at facility area.i stuck it in my pocket with my key fob.next thing i know my key fob worked backwards..push unlock and doors locked ect...popped battery out of fob now it works..gotta keep fobs away from stuff like that

#15 ·
I too had this happen the other day with my 2015 R/T. Both times oddly enough, I was in the garage, getting ready to pull out. I suspected that it may have been interference from/around the garage remote that I had just activated. Only happened once each, then car was fine. I dont recall if releasing the brake pedal and stepping on it again solved it at the time...I suspect its frequency interference, which can come from numerous sources.
Hemi4Us

#16 ·
Ok.. for everyone with this problem. I gad a 2012 Dodge Charger that was doing this all the time. The dam car would even lock the doors on me with the car running.. with dealing with this issue quite often and monkeying with the FOB i figured out what fixes it.. you have to take the FOB apart and then bend the little battery prong up so it give the battery a tighter connection. . Works everytime. . Then usually after a couple months you have to do it again.. but theres no use replacing it with a new one at the dealer cause they all eventually do it and youll just be doing the same thing to the new FOB.. hope this helps you guys..

#17 ·
It sounds like getting just the right interference pattern can "reprogram" the fobs so they no longer communicate as they should with the car. Pulling the battery and putting it back in is like a hard reset and restores the fob's default behavior. Not sure, but holding the fob right in front of the start button might also reset it. So it would seem standard procedure if you have this problem would be to remove the battery and pop it back in if you know it's a new battery. Else replace the battery (or test it if you have a tester/meter).

Mike

#18 ·
Sometimes pulling the battery and putting it back in worked or replacing it with a new one but most of the time it only worked for a very short period of time. .. trust me i did that alot. After about 50 times and in a last ditch effort thats when i bent the battery prong out further for a better tighter connection. . Worked much better and lasted months until the prong bent back flat and i had to do it again..but it lasted the lingest doing that..

#19 ·
i have a security card that opens doors ect...if i put that in the same pocket as my fob it does what you just described.do you have anything like that or maybe ur cellphone..garage door opener..clicker for your house alarm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.