Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Ladies and gentlemen...the first 2015 tail light conversion!

17K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  THEM0DIFIER 
#1 ·
Facebook truestreet performance to see pictures!

#9 ·
I'm not a FakeBooK Member either ,THX for posting it here! looks good what year did you ad the new tails too? Was is a simple swap or is there fab work needed? I love the look of the new tail lights

#10 ·
The swap was simple because I changed everything. Had to work out custom electrical work, but is working on plug and play without changing bumper. But I would replace it because it looks leaner with better lines. It would be the cost of lights and custom harness. Cost?...don't know yet. These lights have grown on me since I've followed 2015 challengers around. Now I love them!

#13 ·
Remember all these changes are creative and cool but at the same time if you choose to sell the car you're narrowing down the pool of prospective buyers and at the same time quite possibly lowering its value too.
For many of us we can put all the original bits and pieces back to like we just bought it.

#15 · (Edited)
Altering the body or wiring can be as negatively frowned upon as adding custom painted graphics like you suggested.
If I was looking at or going to look at a car with/for a friend, I will always choose the stock car over the customized one and never consider one that appears to have been owned by a young kid.
I don't even want to see custom stereo equipment because it can either be installed by a pro shop and all soldered or installed by a minimum wage just learning kid in a discount shop.
It may be a cool idea and look nice but if I'm going to buy a 2008-2014 Challenger, it needs to have all factory lights and wiring, small tweaks can easily be undone.

Reactions: 6 shooter
#16 ·
Altering the body or wiring can be as negatively frowned upon and ading custom painted graphics like you suggested.
If I was looking at or going to look at a car with/for a friend, I will always choose the stock car over the customized one and never consider one that appears to have been owned by a young kid.
I don't even want to see custom stereo equiptment because it can either be installed by a pro shop and all soldered or installed by a minimum wage just learning kid in a discount shop.
It may be a cool idea and look nice but if I'm going to buy a 2008-2014 Challenger, it needs to have all factory lights and wiring, small tweaks can easily be undone.
Amen brother!

#18 ·
Customize away, I do appreciate the owners abilities and talents, all I'm saying is at times it may work against them if they decide to become a seller.
My car does have some mods but nothing that can't be undone easily.
A car is a blank canvas and many make it "theirs" and do a nice job.

Reactions: rghoskins
#19 ·
Very interested in what was involved with wiring. Guessing that resistors were the primary solution and identifying the wiring schematic. Personally, I would prefer to use my current bumper, and hopefully someone can post some more detail about how to solve the 2" gap issue.

#21 ·
It's probably the old school guys who never got the original chiming in. It's like when I turned my barracuda into a restomod before it became popular and they were upset. My cars are much faster, brake better and handle better than the originals. I don't have trailer queens. You'd think I did something sacrilegious like customize a 70 to 71 hemi convertible Cuda or challenger.
Wait until they see my custom plum crazier paint job and wheels. I'll never see the light of day when my car brings in over $50,000 so I'm enjoying it now, not in heaven....can I get an Amen!

#23 ·
It's probably the old school guys who never got the original chiming in. It's like when I turned my barracuda into a restomod before it became popular and they were upset. My cars are much faster, brake better and handle better than the originals. I don't have trailer queens. You'd think I did something sacrilegious like customize a 70 to 71 hemi convertible Cuda or challenger.
Wait until they see my custom plum crazier paint job and wheels. I'll never see the light of day when my car brings in over $50,000 so I'm enjoying it now, not in heaven....can I get an Amen!
I look forward to seeing those pictures.

#22 · (Edited)
Some may not pay as much for a modded car. Many average buyers probably don't know the difference. Besides mufflers, the tail lights of the 15s are the improvements that matter IMO. Since I prefer 14' grills and headlights, I'd pay a few bucks more for that car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#24 ·
Again, if you replace Bumper only you will have a space around tail lights. If you replace tail lights only they have to be trimmed to fit existing bumper. If you change both your good except for wiring issues. Jim is working on a custom plug and play to be connected to tail lights to be bought as one probably trimmed to fit to old bumper. If it can't be done then the bumper will need replacement. Cost unknown until everything is solved. Stay tuned for more pictures. By the way, my car is priceless and I haven't done all this work to get half my money back.

#30 ·
Not for me but I like it. To each their own.

#34 ·
you're very hard to read and interpret, you've abandoned your other thread regarding this question and people wanted to see pictures of your car when it was wrecked, you didn't deliver and one person found pictures of your car after he did some digging. after about 15 days of hearing nothing this thread showed up because i check daily for proof of this swap because im interested. i don't join forums but i figure i had to so i can ask other questions regarding performance upgrades to my challenger, if you can show pictures that'll be great but a descriptive explanation of how the wiring job was done would suffice,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.