Line Lock installed yesterday - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Cool Line Lock installed yesterday

So I decided that today was the day to do this with one good arm and one quasi-usable arm. I figured that a month was long enough of a wait after rotator cuff repair surgery. Install went pretty straight forward with abit of discovery learning along the way. It had been so long since I bled brakes I forgot what to do lol. I bought a 35 dollar vacuum kit from Sears thinking it would make it easier... nope, still had air in lines. Screw it, I just had the wife push on the brake pedal till no more air in the blead tube. All fine now. I tested in front of my house tonight and again a lil further down the street. Neighbors were out front smoking cigarettes and watchin me hehe. I'll take it out tomorrow in good light and ensure theres no pull left or right.
I mounted the switch on the console, forward of the shifter, in the coin tray. I used a safety toggle instead of the the simple flip switch SLP sent with the kit.

Looks pretty but is all hidden now by a 3GCustomz ABS and Fuse Box covers. The less a dealer mechanic sees the better

The red safety toggle in the coint tray is what I installed in leiu of the standard throw switch the kit came with

My right shoulder is a lil sore but not too bad. I had my wife and daughter help with a couple tricky things that could only be done right handed

2010 Challenger SRT8
SRT Max cam, SLP 25% UD Pulley, Jet 180 T-Stat, Solo X-3 catback, 3.73 Getrag, LMI "True" CAI, and Zeitronix ZT-2 AFR.
Cam install and tune by Troy Ding. Idle Video Dyno 31Aug2012: 414hp/410tq Best 1/4: 12.42@110.29 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Banned

I need to do mine. I got the kit. How long did it take?
#3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonddjs View Post
I need to do mine. I got the kit. How long did it take?
Pretty much all day but that was do more to my disability plus me taking my time. If I were to do one again it would take 2-3 hours tops.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 AM

Garage
I have my Hurst kit for 2011 SRT8, read the install instructions and all seems pretty simple, except for "bleed brakes" step, to which is provides no instruction....

I read HELP!!! Brake Bleeding and that left me with a few questions:

1) When installing a line lock, is it also necessary to bleed the ABS system? I can't do this myself, I don't have a scan tool, only the dealers have those, right?

2) I only have 2 jack stands. Can I bleed the rear first using the manual method, then the front? It says the rear needs to be 10 to 12 inches higher than the front. For the whole procedure? I guess I need to go get two more jackstands and make sure I can have the rear 10in higher than the front and get all 4 tires off at the same time.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I only bled the front 2 brake lines with the car sitting on all 4 wheels on the garage floor. Some will swear by bleeding all 4 wheels but if you didnt introduce air into those rear lines then your good to go. I did not bleed the ABS system... I only bled the front 2 lines by topping off the master cylinder, had a clear line on the bleed nipple at the brake caliper, opened the bleed nipple abit, drain into cup or whatever, and had the wife pump the brakes slowly till no more air came out the bleed line. Then close the nipple and done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode