Locked keys inside my 09 RT....HELP ! - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Locked keys inside my 09 RT....HELP !

I only have one key FOB. I was getting out of my car and had the keys sitting between my legs. I popped the trunk and got out of the car. As I was getting out my leg pressed on the FOB and it locked the car just as I shut the door. Can you get inside from the trunk? Any ideas guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you're the original owner the dealer can cut you a door key.
I don't know if you can get into the passenger compartment from the trunk via a seat latch.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maggie, the other woman.. ^^^

It's stock.. Really..!
#3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 07:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The rear seats are locked in place and only the pull straps from inside will release them.

The quick and dirty option would be to make a straight coat hanger with a closed U shape end (to keep from ruining the window seal when starting out). Feed through the top window seal and try to push down on the unlock button. Need to use some armor all on the window seal to make things slippery for the hanger to not cause marring damage.

Do you know anyone who works for a Tow Truck company - if not this will be kind of expensive route to take. The other option would be to purchase a Slim Jim from a near-by auto parts store and have it around for future lockouts. Call first before going to one and see if they have it. I saw that Sears has one: Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

The other question - you only have one fob? Where's the other one?

2009 R/T Challenger

Last edited by Robo; 04-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 PM

im surprised it did that. the car should have sensed the key inside and unlocked the door. i know i had my key in the cup holder and locked the door using the switch on the dor and when i shut the door, the horn beeped and the car unlocked. it knew the key was inside

#5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcuda View Post
im surprised it did that. the car should have sensed the key inside and unlocked the door. i know i had my key in the cup holder and locked the door using the switch on the dor and when i shut the door, the horn beeped and the car unlocked. it knew the key was inside
If he has the base 27F model then there's no remote start or key sensor in the car... our '09 is the same way.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcuda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
If he has the base 27F model then there's no remote start or key sensor in the car... our '09 is the same way.

No mine is not the base model...its the 28J. I have remote start, key sensor, and push button start. Not sure why it stays locked????

#7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Chris, sorry to hear of your problem. I suspect there is some sort of programming issue as this should not have happened. Mine works as AARCuda stated. To the best of my knowledge, if the car is locked and I have the fob in my pocket I can open the truck without problem. As for the seats not flipping down from inside the trunk I have not tried that yet. Assuming you have tried all the obvious suggestions I suspect a dealer will be your next best bet, sorry.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness." Some of us may have crossed the line.

Mods:
Functional hood scoop, DRL's enabled, Charger intake tube, Solo Mach X cat-back exhaust, Diablo InTune, SX catch can, Sequential taillights, Pistol Grip shifter, Custom smoothed intake manifold, Custom built covers for coolant tank, fuse box, valve covers, and ABS.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Unlock a car door with a tennis ball - YouTube

2009 DWB Challenger S/E
Factory Style Rear Spoiler
Hood Struts
K & N Intake System
FlowMaster Dual Exhaust CatBack System
SRT Exhaust Tips
Factory Dual Exhaust Bumper Trim
WebElectic Sequential Taillights
Billet Technology Nose Badge
Blue Halo Driving Lights
Challenger Trunk Mat

If you're not turning around and looking at your car as you walk away, YOU OWN THE WRONG CAR!!!!
#9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:39 PM

If the fob is in the car, and you have keyless enter, will touching the handle not work?

Tweaks:
Functional Hood Scoops
Amber Delete Turn Signals
OEM HID headlight retrofit
Plastidipped: Stock 18" wheels, AC Panel bezel, console bezel, fuel door
MOPAR black steering wheel inserts
Rebadged by Nate
MOPAR sequential tail lights
Two-tone Katzkin interior
Purple cupholder LEDs
LED map/trunk/plate lights
#10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I even tried disconnecting the battery to see if that would activate anything. I WILL be having a copy of the valet key made tomorrow.

In the meantime I have emergency road service that comes with car lockout service. Someone is on their way out to unlock it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited by vichris; 04-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode