Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Looks like the Hellcat has some competition.

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  kenandjenn4551 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Eh, not impressed. It's a ZL1 with a 43,000 set of stick on crap and some mild bolt-ons. Wooptie doo.

Reactions: Palerider15
#4 ·
I had a '69 Yenko that I bought when I got out of the service. Put a 4:10 gear in it, took it to Robin Hood exhaust and they put headers on it, and with drag tires I was turning low 12 seconds in the quarter. The car was kind of cammy, had a rough idle, and never got over 10 MPG.

The Scat Pack I have is just about as fast, Handles better, gets far better mileage and is a pleasure to drive on the street.

I did run up against a new Camaro with the 425 HP 350 at Bristol Dragway. Beat him by about a car length in the quarter. Don't know if it was the driver or the car,.

I have been a Mopar Man since 1965, The two exceptions were a '65 396 Corvette and the Yenko, at the same time as I had these, I also had a '65Dodge coronet with the 426 wedge "Street Ram" and a '71 Barracuda with a 440 6 Pack.

Mopar forever,

#10 ·
Not impressed.. its not Hell Cat competition because its not a factory production car.. yenko is a separate entity. . Plus it really only fits 2 people ..the rear seat in the new Stangs and Camaros is unusable. . Were the 5 seats in the Challengers are usable .. To me the theres sports cars which are cars like the Dodge Viper and Corvette then there are Muscle cars like the Dodge Challenger and Charger and then there are the in between cars, pony cars the Camaro and Mustang.. I just feel like there in different categories ...

#13 ·
Return of the Yenko is awesome news. Nothing like a good horsepower war. To think, as late as 2002 I was thinking the 2050 Barrett Jackson would have nothing post 2000 but a few LS1 Camaros and LS2 Vettes. Now we are seeing an avalanche of Mustang, Camaro and Challenger models that are solid candidates for high dollar collectibles in 2050. Not that I will be around to see it, but the kids in K-8 today are going to LOVE it!

#15 ·
So, the OP means the stock Hellcat has competition? Because a modified Hellcat (because the Yenko is aftermarket) will not be competition for this. This weekend they got several to run sub 10.5 seconds.

But I agree with the above it is absolutely great to be alive and an active driver now because all of these cars are as outstanding as we have ever seen.

#16 ·
That is any absolute disgrace to the Yenko name.

Reactions: Hell Ride
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.