Mods to Win Car Shows? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my parents used to do this with an '87 monte SS they used to own. i remember them always losing points for not having the wheels/rims in sequence with each other . ( eg all the white lettering mounted in the same position on the rim, and the tires all postioned the same, letters on top/bottom ect and centercaps the same direction.) i remember it as my dad would curse and curse about it mumbling next year and always forgetting it. you also get bonus points or sponsor money if your car had the sponsors products on it ( BFG tires ect)

i am a "professional" not an "expert", and "ex" is something you used to be, and well "spurt" you can use your imagination for that one.

'05 SRT-10 reg cab
'07 mega dually
'08 jeep wrangler
'10 FF Challenger SRT-8
'68 HO firebird 4spd conv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Dave did you ever hear back about if you could use hood struts on that shaker hood?

#13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 AM

I know this is probably the wrong place to pose the question, but why the need for an award....can't you just enjoy the car and showing it? I just don't get the whole car show scene.

2010 Frederick Scat Pack Challenger SRT8 with White Knuckle Pack (ask if you want more info)
The Following User Says Thank You to Harpslinger For This Useful Post:
RT2011 (06-16-2014)
#14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpslinger View Post
I know this is probably the wrong place to pose the question, but why the need for an award....can't you just enjoy the car and showing it? I just don't get the whole car show scene.
me either. i have a group of friends that do care about trophies. Not me. i dont care.

hey harps, post the picture of your FIRST hood scoop mod. the original.... not the birdcatcher

#15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Some people that is there thing. I take mine to a few select shows to show off the car so others can see it up close AND to support charities too. Especially the MS one for my Mom. It is amazing how many 10ish year old boys just love the Challenger.

TorRed SE Model purchased: 2/05/09 (gone but not forgotten)
TorRed R/T Classic ordered: 4/06/13
R/T Classic born on: 6/04/13
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
#16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 07:52 AM

Garage Queen
I like to think I have clean drivers not garage queens. My '69 Chrysler won a trophy 8 years ago or so at the Kahunaville all Mopar show. It was drizzling so the turn out was small and the trophy table was full. One's enough for me.
#17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
1) It's a crazy cheap date! My wife and I go, we bring a small cooler our chairs and the canopy and enjoy the day together!

2)Most (yes not all) but most of the car shows we see around here are for good causes. Local charities, churches, special needs/olympics. Why not donate to a good cause and have a little fun at the same time!

3)I like talking about cars, looking at cars, and then some more talking about cars. What better place to do that then at car shows!

4)Great excuse for mods!

5)Also gets you in the habit of really detailing your car. Which if you don't do yourself and pay someone else to do can be expensive. This one in particular might be exclusive to me but I'm very tight with money. At the same time I like to be lazy from time to time and not clean the car perfectly, so having a show to get it ready for gives me the extra little kick to go get her ready!

Bottom line IMO is car shows are meant to be good times. Usually good crews of people with some 50-60-70's tunes jamming. It's a great atmosphere to be around. Have fun and enjoy!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theoneanarbr For This Useful Post:
challydood (03-10-2014), Moparblue (12-20-2012), redpearl (08-05-2013)
#18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I have to say I have met some very nice and interesting people at car shows as well. Nice to people watch looking at your car and getting to see a lot of other cool cars all for a good cause too. Heck... my WIFE tells me to do this and that mod wise for car shows.... I am the one holding back. She wants me to Billet Tech out the under the hood big time.
#19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Display your documentation with the car. That seems to mean a lot to most judges. We have our window stickers, all the tags that came in the car are still in the car and the manuals. If you can reach an area, clean it even if you can't see it. That may be the tie breaker if one is needed. Mods are good, but sqeaky clean is the best way to stand out. After that a supercharger underhood always helps too. Don't get carried away with the visual mods too much. Keep it tasteful. Did I mention sqeaky clean everywhere. That makes the biggest difference.

John and Sharon (challygirl)
2008 SRT8 #5010
1 of 708 Silver Bullets
#20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:

its a competition. wanting to take first place in a car show is no diffrent then lining up next to the guy on the drag strip and wanting to win. if you just want to show it off there are meets and cruise-ins and any number of things you can do. but when you entering a car show your entering a competition with the other cars to see who is the best.
is it biased? sure to some degree it is. esp if you have bad judges. but when you walk home from every show with an award you know you have a car that allot of people like.

I have been competing in shows for the last several years. i have probably 60-70 trophies from shows. and for me its just the thrill of being the best there. you start out trying to win your class. then you start trying to win the best of awards, and then you work at winning the best of the show. its pretty cool going to a show with a few hundred cars and being called up on stage because the judges felt that you had the best car there out of everyone else. not to mention at bigger shows you can start winning money. having fun is great, but having fun and taking home a check for $350 is funner.

another thing is sponsors. going to shows and winning gets sponsors attention and its nice coming home from work and finding a brand new set of tires sitting on your porch. or a huge box of cleaning supplies because the companies like what they have seen and want to work with you. you never make back in parts what youve put in. but if you really enjoy it. free parts can be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode