Mods to Win Car Shows? - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK, these may sound funny but it worked. I entered my vette in a small all corvette show two years ago. it was C6 stock class and I got best in class. The only difference in my vette and the other stock C6 vettes was a $10.00 sticker. I had "Grandpa's Toy" on my rear window in matching color to my other accents. the show was judged by the spectators and almost everyone got a kick out of a corvette owned by a grandpa.

Like above, all cars were clean inside and out.

Sent from my keyboard, typed in by me the old fashion way.

John
best run 12.283@114.18mph - 100% factory stock on factory tires.

best 60' 1.841 - 100% stock on factory tires

411.7 RWHP / 443.5 RW Torque on a Dyno Com dyno. Zoomer cat back and Speedlogix CAI

Current:
2011 392 SRT Challenger
2004 5.7 Dodge Rumblebee 4x4
2001 5.9 Dodge Ram quad cab 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 AM

I've posted these pics in different threads, but here is what I did to mine last year. Still have to get the BT caps and some small stuff. The last biggest mod is to smooth out the intake and paint it Brilliant Black like the half covers. Also lowered it, put in CRAGER wheel centers, hurst shifter and gunslinger shift handle. All my mods are listed in my signature.

Have to say, the judges, etc. just walk past the car to look at the old iron. That's ok with me....I'm just there to enjoy all the cars and the fun times with the buds!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07846.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	32036   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07852.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	32037   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07593.JPG
Views:	729
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	32038   Click image for larger version

Name:	4532460071_a00a6a45e8_o.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	32039  

2010 B5 R/T Classic-6spd.

Mods:
Mopar Hood struts / Mopar sill plates / R/T spoiler emblem / Hurst Shifter / Mopar CAI
Mopar Stage 2 Coil-Over system / Predator 91 oct. CAI Tune / Gunslinger Pistol Grip
SRT front spoiler / BT wheel center caps / Jina Embroidered Interior /
3GCustomz Engine compartment panels/

Last edited by fasbird; 05-16-2011 at 08:38 AM.
#33 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

very clean engine bay, that would score well with most unbiased judges. were did you get the covers from?
#34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield411 View Post
A clean car is important, clean engine bay, and clean interrior and trunk. If you have the cars documentation (window sticker, build sheet,bill of sale, etc) display it with the car. Dash plaques from past shows and picture of the car in a frame as a display are nice too. I see more and more of this, but a plastic or die cast model of YOUR car also adds to the car. I watched as two judges looked at the plastic model more than the actual car and asked the owner how did he match the paint. That particular car won a top three award.
Just a couple of quick questions with regards to how to display all of the cars documentation............I have all of the info and more (as my salesman knew from the start that my SRT8 Furious Fuchsia 6 speed was going to be showed and kept till the end of my life).
  1. Did you laminate the documents and then make a book or have you done something else?
  2. Did you make copies of the original documents and display the copies, while keeping the original in a "safe" at home?
Thanks in advance.

Catch me if you can...........

2010 SRT8 Furious Fuchsia, 6 Speed
Number 218 of 400
#35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

genreally the only time i see documentation is on old cars that have been kept stock thruout the years. as a judge documentation for a new car isn't really speacial. but for those that ive seen, ive seen them in there build book, usually at the very front. ive seen them mounted on like a poster sized board with other paperwork, and ive seen them stuck to the window. most shows that wont gain you any points though unless its a really old car that is 100% stock.
#36 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparOhio View Post
I have to say I have met some very nice and interesting people at car shows as well. Nice to people watch looking at your car and getting to see a lot of other cool cars all for a good cause too. Heck... my WIFE tells me to do this and that mod wise for car shows.... I am the one holding back. She wants me to Billet Tech out the under the hood big time.
I just finished off my engine bay with Billet parts. how does it look?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Billet.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	32389  

The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda340 For This Useful Post:
challydood (03-10-2014)
#37 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
I just finished off my engine bay with Billet parts. how does it look?
I like it, very clean and tastefully done

Northern Il. M&G calendar link:::https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...merica/Chicago

Splash Guards 4/24/10, Hood Struts 4/27/10, Engine Cover 5/03/10, SRT Air box 5/24/10, Catch Can 5/31/10, Daytime lights 7/7/10, Caliper Covers 3/17/11, Gorilla lug nuts 3/17/11, 5/14/11 EVIC Perf. pgs, 5/21/11 Billet Tee shifter & underhood kit, 7/09/11 Billet Petal kit
#38 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 PM

Thanked 1,069 Times in 654 Posts
I try to make a local show about once a month.
Just love seeing the cars and attention some folks give them.
taking your car to shows will certainly get you to pay more attention to detailing

I have been told a visible extinguisher and first aid kit is a plus...don't know for sure

recently won a top 25 award (my first car trophy btw) with only a few cosmetic mods. car was not even as clean as I wanted it but did the best I could with available time

--Ray--

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"

Last edited by IDMTfirefighter; 05-24-2011 at 10:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IDMTfirefighter For This Useful Post:
challydood (03-10-2014)
#39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndsgood View Post
very clean engine bay, that would score well with most unbiased judges. were did you get the covers from?
The covers are from 3GCUSTOMZ

#40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpr View Post
Just a couple of quick questions with regards to how to display all of the cars documentation............I have all of the info and more (as my salesman knew from the start that my SRT8 Furious Fuchsia 6 speed was going to be showed and kept till the end of my life).
  1. Did you laminate the documents and then make a book or have you done something else?
  2. Did you make copies of the original documents and display the copies, while keeping the original in a "safe" at home?
Thanks in advance.
I made copies of the originals, I display the window sticker in a shadow box along with dash plaques and a 1/64 (Match Box size) scale replica of the car. Got that Idea from a Challenger owner at the last show I entered. I had a binder when I had my '78 Vette and the judges liked looking through it. I learned that in the Vette Car Show world documentation is everything.

At my last show they had a guy looking at my car and he told his wife " In 20 years these are the cars that will be top dog in these shows".

R/T Clasic
Furious Fuchsia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode