Mods to Win Car Shows? - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#41 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've had my IE in 4 judged shows since I got it in February. I have won best of class in one, and 1st place in another. Both categories are '80's to present original car. Aside from keeping the car squeaky clean (not hard in AZ), I've put some Billet Tech bling in the engine bay, a Mopar T-handle shifter and stainless door sills. I've also prepared two laminated sheets describing the car's features which I put on both sides of the dash. Ralph Gilles signed my car at the Spring Festival of LX's so that's always a conversation piece. The IE in general generates a lot of conversation, and people really like the white interior with the embroidered seats.

I agree with all of the others who say that a clean engine bay is very important! BTW, I also won two trophies with my 09 R/T which I had for two years, so it's not all about the IE. I've been to a lot of car shows, and the best part is the friends you make. Winning is a bonus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00041.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	34067   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5485.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	34068  

SRT8 392 IE #0118/1100

Member: http://forum.tucsonmoparclub.com/index.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I showed cars for 20 years, mostly Corvettes.
Cleanliness usually wins in these shows. Mods can hurt you since stock is the rule today.
I spent $$$ on a Caravaggio Connelly full custom leather interior including dash, doors, seats only to lose to a stock 58 Corvette with vinyl seats.
Don't be disappointed if you lose, it's politics just like everything else.
I did win several shows, sometimes with 2 cars, a 2000 modified C5 Corvette and a 95 Corvette ZR-1. Same show next year, nothing!
Never showed my Challenger, I guess I lost interest.
#43 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Showing cars can be very addictive! Be careful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aspen1.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	34434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aspen2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	34435  
#44 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to 1BAD383
If you drive your car 200 or miles to a car show; there is no way to get it as clean as a trailer queen. So just enjoy the car show.

Mods, CF Pistol Grip Shifter, BT Catch Can, Red Bumble Bee Tail Stripe, Cervini Shaker Hood, Blastin Bob's Resonated Kit, IE Exhaust Tips, BT Sill Plates.
#45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 12:49 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I built my last 3 cars with showing in mind. ('63 Impala, '72 Challenger, '90 Maxima). The import the most. Every show won trophies. The cars become un-enjoyable because I was afraid to drive/enjoy them for fear of dirt or damage. I never respected the new cars being showed because I always viewed it as "anyone can write a check, a real show car is built not bought". That way of thinking proved to be short-sighted as I learned that it is about the love of the car and enjoyment of the hobby and not some sense of one-upmanship. I have met so many people who felt more pride in their "purchased" car than I in my "built" car.

The trophies gather dust and mean nothing. The connection to the vehicle and the enjoyment of the hobby is all that should matter. Build your car to feed your pleasure. Don't worry what others' think and don't look for approval in a piece of plastic that sits on the shelf. Look for approval in the smile you get when you enjoy your car.

Plum Crazy is more than just a color. It is a way of life.

Last edited by jonmandude; 07-11-2011 at 12:51 AM.
#46 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned

I have been to several cruise in shows, they're free and all about showing off the car/trucks. I like judged shows but hate it when someone buys a brand new car off the show room floor and brings it to a car show and wins a first place trophy with absolutely nothing done to it mods wise. I enter mine at all of them but couldnt care less if I win or not, all about the show and not the awards. Now I have a few minor mods and a long way to go to be more eye appealing but Im not 100% bone stock.
#47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

trying to figure out what to do with all my old trophies. have thought about putting them on ebay and seeing if someone would actually buy them lol. with the way some people are these days i could see me selling them. then going to a car show the next year and seeing someone with a bunch of my old trohies around there car pretending they won them lol.
#48 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparOhio View Post
I have entered my SE into three car shows... small ones mind you... not entering to win anything... more for the joy of showing it off to others that have not seen one up close and helping out charities (one in particular is for MS which my Mom has). Anyway.... I have added to my car:

Am. Racing Torq Thrust 20" wheels
Strobe rocker panel
Spoiler
Hood stripe
Chrome gas cap
SE badging on the front and back since Chrysler doesn't badge the SE's.

Caliper covers to match the color of my car are coming next week.

Clean, clean, clean! That always helps!

Beautiful Car
What are Strobe Rocker Panels?
#49 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc lowry View Post
Beautiful Car
What are Strobe Rocker Panels?
The Strobe Rocker Panels are actually the decals on the lower part of the door. You can get them from many different sources and are very easy to install.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maggie, the other woman.. ^^^

It's stock.. Really..!
#50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM

I wanted to start finding some shows near me in SC How do you guys find shows near you?

CEO & Founder DBL07 Consulting http://www.DBL07.CO/

MODS on the Way and No, I'm not Joking, "I never joke about my work" Q
Covert interior Camera to DVR, Smoke Screen, Flame Thrower, Twin Airsoft Tommy Guns that fold down from fog lights and fire from the shifter, Green Halos, Door shocking handles, Rear Laser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en1C04rsUi4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode