Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mopar Edition Shaker at crack-smoking dealership...

5K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  Lugnut74 
#1 ·
#3 ·
They say to make an offer. I'm pretty sure they would take $58,000 :bigthumb:

#8 ·
Collector's item??? Yes, maybe for now, but there's no guarantee they wont make 10,000 more in the future. They will make as many as they can sell. Signed, 2010 Plum Crazy "limited color run" owner.

Reactions: DTru
#11 ·
Which dealer? The add on my browser pulls up a craigslist add from Charlotte, NC....

#12 ·
1st I`ve seen with a stripe like that. There is supposed to be a 3rd stripe also. However it isn`t worth a dime over 40k

Reactions: rghoskins
#18 ·
#19 ·
And from their website....

H
ome of the "Best Price Guarantee" on every vehicle! Why shop anywhere else? We will even deliver your new vehicle to your office or your home. With over 30 lending sources and millions to lend we will get you the best rate and terms possible. We value your time and make it easy to buy.
[SIZE=-0]Keffer Chrysler Jeep Dodge and Ram Trucks, YOUR Family Store is working hard every day to earn your business. [/SIZE]

Come see the difference today....

#20 ·
A collector car,limited addition.And the value goes down every year,just like the first year SRTs you see with very low miles for under 30k.
If anyone buys one as an investment,I hope their very young,because I'm afraid I won't live long enough for the value to come up.

#21 ·
And I thought the dealer near me selling the identical car was being greedy for wanting $47k

#23 ·
The main thing here is to hurry, it is a Limited Edition with stripes unlike other Challengers. Be the lucky one to have the chance to pay 25,000 more than what's it's worth. What a great service this dealer is doing for a car that in a mere 50 years may bring in 65,000, no depreciation.

#27 ·
Since the salesman makes his money off the car and the finance manager is the one who makes money off the financing of the vehicle, wouldn't having cash help, since the salesman would be the one to strike the deal and the finance guy would be left hanging unless he could talk you into the extended warranty or something else?

#34 ·
This, in fact dealers would rather you finance (thru them) as they receive a kickback from the "bank", the last two new vehicles I bought, they were able to get me a price a few hundred bucks cheaper using their financing (and match the interest rate I was prequalified for thru my bank) rather than me just writing a check for it. Once you decide on the vehicle/trim you want, spend the 5 minutes on the phone and get preapproved for a 100% loan thru your bank, they can then fax/email you a "pre-approval" which if needed can be shown to the dealer if there are questions about your credit.

#32 ·
Just the same the vast majority of buyers don't have good credit either. Sub Prime credit being below a 650 score that's more then half the buyers. Granted maybe our specific demographic buying challenger is higher. Though I would bet its uncommon for someone to come in pre approved for a car loan at there local bank vs using the lending options at the dealer. I just know in my experience every car over the last 25 years that I've bought new at dealership. I purchased with financing offered at the dealer either through private companies or the manufacturer. I was treated as just another number, buying my challenger was the first time I have ever walked in paid cash. The experience was a complete 180 of what I've seen in the passed. The funny thing is some could say it was the dealer, but theres a thread just started the other day bashing the same dealer by 2 different people stating the bad experience they got one I'm pretty sure wasn't a cash deal.

#35 ·
Just the same the vast majority of buyers don't have good credit either. Sub Prime credit being below a 650 score that's more then half the buyers. Granted maybe our specific demographic buying challenger is higher. Though I would bet its uncommon for someone to come in pre approved for a car loan at there local bank vs using the lending options at the dealer. I just know in my experience every car over the last 25 years that I've bought new at dealership. I purchased with financing offered at the dealer either through private companies or the manufacturer. I was treated as just another number, buying my challenger was the first time I have ever walked in paid cash. The experience was a complete 180 of what I've seen in the passed. The funny thing is some could say it was the dealer, but theres a thread just started the other day bashing the same dealer by 2 different people stating the bad experience they got one I'm pretty sure wasn't a cash deal.
I'm a retail bank manager, and my car is not financed through my bank. I have very good credit but there is no way my bank could have given me better than the rate I got through my dealer on the Saturday I bought my car, (they were closed). Also, the dealers make money on financing. If you credit qualify, you will always get the best deal financing through the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.