Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mopar sequentials

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Tim_K 
#1 · (Edited)
Question, I just found out my mopar sequentials don't sequence on the passenger side outer two bulbs, has anyone experienced this? I have no idea how long this has been going on..thanks in advance guys

Ok...well does anyone have a set they took off and want to sell? So I can swap out the sequencers

#7 ·
I think there were overheating issues.I know alot of people even the Web Electric versions had issues at times although by most accounts Web Electric stood behind their product and made it right.I had three Challengers prior to my 2015 and I love modifications but I never bought the sequentuals just because I didn't want the possible headache.I know some on this forum have the Web Electric and have had no issues so I guess it is the luck of the draw.

#9 ·
Yes that's it in a nutshell, overheating (fires), = lawsuits...though I am very conscious of how long I hold the brake on at lights for that very reason but sometimes you just can't avoid it..if it's longer then I think is safe I'll use the parking brake to hold the car...I guess the bottom line is the TIPM is not rated to handle the added amp load (4 extra bulbs on)..that said, I think mine is more of a sequencer(s) issue due to the fact that all the bulbs work, but just not like they should when they should, if that makes sense:notallthere:

#8 ·
I never bought them as they blink too fast, if they were paced like on Mustangs or old Thunderbirds it would be different. Look at the Web electric website and you'll see how overly fast it works. As stated too many have had issues for me to waste the money and buy into a potential headache. I'm sure mopar didn't produce their own either.

#10 ·
I have the Mopar set.

I'm going to look in to the LED replacement bulb idea. They make LED replacements for everything these days and I would think the amp draw would be a lot less.

#13 · (Edited)
Sequential situation

Well...I would venture to say on the '08-'14's you have a full taillight bar running across the back..and when you brake (with the factory's) it just doesn't look right having only the outer's come on (for me anyways)..it just looks like it should as per the tailight design (lit up full across)...BTW I can take or leave the sequencing, plus only judging by when I see other challengers on the road they look as if there's more to be desired when braking..last but not least none of us can see and enjoy this mod unless we're behind another car that has them..P.S malfunctions are another story

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.