Mustang or Challenger? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mustang or Challenger?

I'm not looking for advice as to which one I should buy, just wondering if this forum was for Challenger owners or Mustang owners?

Because on a daily basis all I read is threads about:
- people whining that there car has a finger print on it and Chrysler sucks so bad for it and now they are going to buy a Mustang to be spiteful.
- people getting gitty about any Mustangs related news.
- which car they should buy, Challenger, Mustang or <insert anything here>

I try to follow the mentality that I'm a "car guy" not just a "Challenger guy" so if someone likes the Mustang, that's awesome but I don't care or want to hear about it on the a CHALLENGER WEBSITE!

If you did some mods or got some new wheels for your CHALLENGER you want to talk about, post it up, otherwise stick to the off-topic section or go somewhere else.

I have a Honda Civic and I keep all that talk on the Honda forums not here.

Sorry to complain but I'm tired of reading about Mustangs on here!

Thanks for listening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Photos: (13)
Agreed.

And after reading this thread...well, I've decided I'm sick of my Challenger, I think I'm gonna get a .... Camaro now!

Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It will always be a topic of discussion. Think about how the Mustang and Challengers are total rivals. Everybody compares them, and lots of people consider purchasing both. You have to expect some comparison, and discussion of the "other two" retro muscle cars since they are in the same segment.

Your Honda Civic is not in the same league as the three muscle cars. Totally different vehicles, so naturally, you will not see much talk or comparison between those cars. Nor will you find someone making numerous posts about their minivan and how it compares to the Challenger.

It's a forum, people are free to their opinion and beliefs about cars. Honestly I don't mind one bit that people compare and talk with the Mustang. I am comfortable enough with my purchase, that others opinions don't create frustration for me.

If a moderator sees fit, they can always move the thread to the "other car" part of the forum.

If you go to most forums you will see an overlap with a competing car. It's very tame on this website. I've been to far worse, that have resulted in personal attacks and threats, because of difference in automobile.
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar strut tower brace
Mopar hood struts
Razors Edge rear control arms & tension bars
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
Billet Technology catch can
Beltronics Pro 300 radar detector
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by skeety View Post
Agreed.

And after reading this thread...well, I've decided I'm sick of my Challenger, I think I'm gonna get a .... Camaro now!
Another option would be an AMC Pacer.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by skeety View Post
Agreed.

me too...I'm gonna see if I can get back the 1990 Pontiac 6000 I donated to good will

OP it's OK to discuss and compare different makes and models...even...gasp pointing out what the other makers are doing well or poorly.
Yes it's a challenger site but there is going to be cross talk about other vehicles

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 AM

Photos: (22)
Send a message via AIM to pjs1965 Send a message via MSN to pjs1965
If you're a "car guy" you going to talk about ALL cars - some more than others. The Mustang and Camaro come up more often as they are competitors in the market to the Challenger so naturally if you own a Challenger, you probably owned one of those previously or shopped it.

IMO, it's a healthy discussion topic albeit within the right sub-forum

Pitch Black w/Tungsten Stripes
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 AM

Photos: (13)
In the OP's defense...

I think he's referring to the borderline trolling posts by people who keep saying "Challenger sucks, and I'm sick of it. I'm on the fence about just jumping ship to Mustang..."

Comparisons are fine...competitive talk is fine too...but it is annoying when people are just PO'd and issuing (mostly) empty threats about going to the other side....

If you're that mad, just do it. Don't moan and groan..and in the end, keep yoru Challenger.

Either do it, or drop it.

That part of the OP's argument I can agree with. It does get repetitive and old.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

When I bought mine in 2009 all the Trolls wanted to threaten to buy Camaros
20x8's, HID Lights, Challenger Door Sills, Mopar CAI,
1970 Challenger & R/T Emblem on the rear spoiler,
Gas Charged Hood Supports, Mopar Nose Badge
276-watt 6 Speaker Sound
Exhaust: Flowmaster 40's
Mopar Strut Tower Brace
Fuzzy White Dice

"Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel!"
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM

I like them both.I looked in to getting a new Shelby GT500 mustang,but They are almost impossible to get and I work for a Ford dealer.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
I'm not looking for advice as to which one I should buy, just wondering if this forum was for Challenger owners or Mustang owners?

Because on a daily basis all I read is threads about:
- people whining that there car has a finger print on it and Chrysler sucks so bad for it and now they are going to buy a Mustang to be spiteful.
- people getting gitty about any Mustangs related news.
- which car they should buy, Challenger, Mustang or <insert anything here>

I try to follow the mentality that I'm a "car guy" not just a "Challenger guy" so if someone likes the Mustang, that's awesome but I don't care or want to hear about it on the a CHALLENGER WEBSITE!

If you did some mods or got some new wheels for your CHALLENGER you want to talk about, post it up, otherwise stick to the off-topic section or go somewhere else.

I have a Honda Civic and I keep all that talk on the Honda forums not here.

Sorry to complain but I'm tired of reading about Mustangs on here!

Thanks for listening!
you have a honda civic and are tired of people talking about Mustangs !?!?

oh the irony........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.