Dodge Challenger Forum banner

My '11 R/T has sequential taillights, got to remove them.

9K views 75 replies 36 participants last post by  Yaanufs 
#1 ·
I was driving to work today in my '11 GWE R/T that I bought a month and a half ago, and right after changing lanes, some guy in an orange Hemi Ram pickup pulls alongside and says he likes my taillights and turn signals and where did I get them.

Huh? Uh, they came with the car. I didn't know what he meant.

After I got to work, I put on the turn signals and got out to look and see what they did. Looks like someone installed one of those sequential kits, the turn signals start blinking at the innermost light on either side and work their way outwards.

I don't like them, they are super ghey, and I have ever only seen them on Mustangs.

So if there is some add-on kit in the car, I'm guessing in the trunk, I need to find it and rip that crap out of there. I want normal taillight turn signal blinkers. All 4 bulbs light together for either turn signal.

#3 ·
The tail light kit is the entire wiring harness for the rear lights.
I have sequential tail lights and so I also have the old wiring harness from my 2011 GWE. I'll sell you my old wiring harness for $500 plus shipping. I'll ship them to you right after you "rip that crap out of there".

You know, you should sell your Challenger. Its got that stupid sunroof and now after someone compliments you on how cool your sequential tail lights are you hate them too. A cool GWE Challenger doesn't deserve to have a jerk like you as its owner............. :notallthere:

#4 · (Edited)
The tail light kit is the entire wiring harness for the rear lights.
I have sequential tail lights and so I also have the old wiring harness from my 2011 GWE. I'll sell you my old wiring harness for $500 plus shipping. I'll ship them to you right after you "rip that crap out of there".

You know, you should sell your Challenger. Its got that stupid sunroof and now after someone compliments you on how cool your sequential tail lights are you hate them too. A cool GWE Challenger doesn't deserve to have a jerk like you as its owner............. :notallthere:
C'mon Chris what do you expect? After all they're "super Ghey"!! :grin2:
(Haven't heard people use gay or ghey to describe something they don't like in decades, pretty lame)

Really though I think you're being a little hard on him I'm sure a lot of us have changed mods on a car that we've bought because we didn't like them, I know I have.
I have to admit though this is the first time I've ever heard someone say they didn't like the sequential turn sigs.

Reactions: StiNKz
#5 ·
So you've had the car 6 weeks, and never even checked to make sure the turn signals worked at all??
Most people would think to check that before buying it...

Good luck 'ripping' it out. When you figure out what wiring to replace, you may be able to sell the kit in the classifieds, if you don't destroy it. Those things sell fast.

#6 ·
Tim, a little couth goes a long way. And that's coming from me, so your definitely being a giant dill hole.

All this post said was "Found out my car has sequential lights, super ghey, gotta get rid of them, how do you homos even have these super ghey things, so help me remove them thanks losers, k bye"

Yeah, that's definitely gonna get someone to write you out some instructions.

#11 ·
I don't care if only 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 bulbs per side flash, I don't want that sequential junk in there. I want stock taillights / turn signals.

So what do I gotta do? Find a stock rear wiring harness and swap it out? I have a bunch of stuff in the trunk right now, so I can't even get in there and look until this weekend.

Sounds like it should just be a case of unplug one harness and replace it. What year wiring harnesses are compatible with an '11 R/T, aside from '11's?

And I still hate the sunroof. I actually opened it yesterday and the sun was beating down on me, it was closed within 2 minutes, plus the sunshade on the inside of the roof.

#17 ·
I was thinking of offering a fantastic deal on them. From the one website I saw for these sequential kits, the Challenger kit costs $150, plus shipping and maybe tax.

Maybe, for $40, someone can come here (a bit northeast of Pittsburgh), and bring with them a stock wiring harness of a compatible model year, swap out my taillight wiring, and have themselves the sequential wiring kit cheap. They do all the work to swap my car's taillight wiring back to stock before they get the sequential kit.

What a bargain!:thumbsup:

#18 ·
Damn I probably would have been down if I still lived back in West Virginia. And if these sequential wiring kits worked on the 2015 MY lights lol. I think the sequential lights look dope :thumbsup: but I bet someone would be willing to swap with you locally

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks to Oprah and Dr Phil, even Mopar guys on muscle car forums have discovered their sensitive side these days. I'd make a joke about a VW Passat forum analogy but I'd be afraid to offend anyone there so be warned, just don't watch any of those offensive Dodge Challenger/Charger commercials. I can't believe it, but when proof reading this post, I even somehow offended myself to the point that I need some self-affirmation ASAP. Please accept my apologies in advance, should you find the content of this post offensive, as that was not my intention.

:argh::scratchhead:0:)

#21 ·
I like them on the Challenger. The thing I like most is when you hit the brakes, all of the light light up and makes it way easier to know your braking when driving behind.

#23 · (Edited)
You again...and still just as cheery as the last post I saw from you. So just for the benefit of readers who missed last months episode...you bought a car with a feature you hated for a price you felt like you got screwed on (all so you could avoid buying a newer car you also hated with a transmission you hated so much, that you openly and vocally wished everyone who HAD the transmission you hated would blow the transmission up just so your puppy-kicking hatred would be justified), and now find out it has a mod you hate. That pretty much sum things up for you?

#25 ·
Too bad I am on the other side of the country, I would do the deed in a hot N.Y. Second, I love those tail lights and though I am not actively looking for a set, I would not pass them up if they were to come my way!

Reactions: DWBP2010RT
#26 ·
No, MCO, you're overstating things a bit. I didn't say all that about the 8 speed, mostly just that I don't want one and it has an unnecessary amount of gears.

There are many things that remind me of ghey (that would make sense if anyone has ever been on the purepwnage.Com website and seen some of the videos there).

I don't like big rims on cars. I don't like jacked up pickup trucks with 40 inch tires especially if they never leave the pavement. I don't like small and mid sized cars that get slammed to the ground so far that the tires are leaning over on their sides at an angle so they can even fit under the fenders. That has got to be one of the most moronic mods ever. Grind off the tires every couple thousand miles while looking like an idiot.

Anyhow, I have a sequential wiring kit here for $40 for anyone who brings me a stock wiring harness and installs it.

#35 ·
Your hate the 8 speed, sunroofs all the things above and are already complaining about a simple mod on your month old car. So tell us...

What DO you LIKE?

#36 ·
Yes it has an oval rubber covered trunk release button above the center of the trunk lid lights.

Curiously enough, I've seen that rubber oval there since I got the car, but never thought to touch it or push it until today. It's a trunk release!

Wiring or not, I don't care. I want this thing to have stock taillights. Maybe I can get a junkyard rear wiring harness and swap the whole thing and have it be right.

I may not be able to see the taillights while driving, but I know what it looks like and it looks dumb to me, so it has to be changed.

#31 · (Edited)
I don't like them, they are super ghey, and I have ever only seen them on Mustangs.

So if there is some add-on kit in the car, I'm guessing in the trunk, I need to find it and rip that crap out of there. I want normal taillight turn signal blinkers. All 4 bulbs light together for either turn signal.
Whether you like them or not, Mustangs were about 50 years from the first application. 64-69 Thunderbirds, late 60s Mercury Cougars, and Chrysler Imperials all had sequential turn signals.

T-bird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sXCaxQLfw

Back then, they did it the manly way: no electronics, motors and gears and cams. Be lucky you aren't trying to remove this (Imperial):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_4yYp5tqEg

You need the original wiring harness to go back to "normal," or else wire it up yourself. "normal" is for the outer two light bulbs to serve as brake/turn signals. All 4 light up as parking lamps.

#32 ·
How can you be so bothered by something that you can't even see from the drivers seat??? You just like complaining I guess.

#33 ·
If he comes out of the closet he'll be able to see them!!! :wink3:

Reactions: itguy
#43 ·
"Ghey" explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp1X_F-uwAo Skip ahead to the 23:50 mark for the song (which is brief). Watch the entire episode, it was one of the best pure pwnage episodes in the original series. The first few minutes are pretty good too. It's a show about video gamers, of which I've been one for years, although maybe not as hardcore as Jeremy.

Back to the topic at hand: I can either swap in another stock taillight harness, or find the instructions from the manufacturer and reverse-deinstall the kit.

#46 ·
vichris......if this guy is so bad, why isn't he banned? and as far as i'm concerned, honda there is just as bad. putting words in others' mouths.

so....why bother helping this site if people can come on here and post stupid stuff and not be banned or people like you attack others in a manner CLEARLY against the rules?

i like to visit places that have and follow rules. anything else is a waste of time. :(

#47 ·
So you came on here and attacked me?????.....That's CLEARLY against the rules. YOU my friend are EVERYTHING you are whining about.

I repeat myself.............. BTW you sound pretty cranky yourself.............. :5:

Reactions: wasp392
#48 ·
I have an OEM harness I could give you since I swapped out my lights for a sequential kit, but they're "super ghey" so I'm not gonna help you.

Welcome to the internet.

Reactions: btcaub
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.