Dodge Challenger Forum banner

My new commuter car.....

5K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  MDV8fan 
#1 ·
So, I've been looking for a car to replace my Chevy HHR as my everyday good MPG car. I stayed true to the Mopar brand and picked up a 2012 Fiat Abarth with only 4500 miles, oil changes for life and a lifetime powertrain warranty all for $13500! It handles like a Go Cart! It has good power for a 1.4L Turbo. I am getting 35 mpg and I've been heavy on the pedal so far! I got everything I wanted on it like Nav, no sunroof, black leather and Bose sound system. So far I'm really impressed! Of course Ill throw some mods at it so I'll let you guys know how it turns out. It's kinda my "Mini Me" for "Killer Bee".

[

See less See more
#5 ·
I bet you are right but they did have a concept Mopar Fiat edition . It's just a fun car and maybe it will turn into something cool.

#7 ·
Yep, saw that one too. I would love to have that set up!

#10 ·
Can you say Autocross?

#9 ·
Those things look fun. I'm going to be looking for a new commuter car spring 2017 and was HOPING that a 300hp Dart GLH would be a reality and pick up a 2011+ Hemi police package Charger as a spare.

#20 ·
38 mpg and fun to drive.

#22 · (Edited)
Are you that short you had to move the seat forward in a Fiat? LOL I love the car BTW always wondered if I could fit.. I love little cars..

#24 ·
Actually I'm six foot one and I have the seat as far back as it will go. It's a small car but I don't feel cramped. I just had to find the sweet spot and now it feels normal when I drive it.

#23 ·
only thing that matters is that you like what you spent your money on.

#25 ·
Right on.

#26 ·
Congrats! If I could find one for that price, I'd be all over it! I would do an off-center lime green stripe on it and lime green abarth decals. BTW, it's not a killer bee, it's a scorpion. Good looking car and with 200whp they haul ass. Please make a build thread in OT when you start modding! I love it.

Reactions: VenomBee
#27 ·
Thank you! I'll be sure to post some updates.

#28 ·
I had a chance to drive one.I thought there's no way I can fit in there . Surprisingly once inside there was a lot of room.The interior was nice.
They are a blast to drive,goes around corners like it's on a rail.I understand you can turn uo the boost and other MODS are avaliable .
You should have a lot of fun with that one.

#29 ·
So, I've been looking for a car to replace my Chevy HHR as my everyday good MPG car.
Love the Abarth!
I love my HHR! !50,000 on the clock and lovin' the practical design. GM was giving them away in '09. >:)

Sounds like a sewing machine but such is life.

#30 ·
Nice little runabout. I went a slightly different route and got a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Fiat built in Italy with the engine/trans from the U.S.A.). The Jeep is a blast in the deep snow.

#31 ·
That's an awesome car for a daily driver! Sounds like you got a sweetheart deal too. $13.5k is basically Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris territory. I'd take your car every day of the week over some little econo-crapbox like those.

Reactions: VenomBee
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.