Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Need input on this ProCharged Challenger please..........

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  tremple1 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I'm currently looking to purchase a Challenger and I'm considering this one. My biggest concerns for it are reliability, sustainability, and streetability. I'm worried that I'll buy this car and that it won't be reliable. Could I please get some input from those of you who have a experience with these cars when supercharged? I need help deciding if this is the one for me or to pass. Thanks in advance!

Ian

Dodge : Challenger 2dr Cpe SRT8 in Dodge | eBay Motors

#2 ·
I doubt there are streetability issues, but sustainability(not sure what you are going for there, long term maybe) but if its built right, should last many miles. Now reliability. How much vehicle knowledge do you have? Are you able to diagnos issues? My concern is why was so much money put into car, then being sold..

given the unknowns, I would pass unless you have the chance to drive it and or talk to the shop that built it..

#4 ·
Well after reading the add "Tuned By Strickly Perfomance in Pearland Texas" I would contact them and speak with Richard about the car. He knows what he doing and will give you a straight answer. I would say your good to go from the mods on the car.

#5 ·
I have a 2009 SRT8 with the ProCharger Stage II kit also. I added the SC with only 800 miles on my car, and it now has 14K. I haven't had any problems or issues. The only additional mods I made was adding a 4.10" pulley increasing boost to 8.5lbs and installed water/meth injection system.

#7 ·
shoot, instead of buying my '13 i would have gone for this; the youtube video is kooool

#9 ·
I just put the HO kit on my SRT, and Procharger really did a great job on their kit. Everything fits unbelievably nice. As far as sustainability and daily driving, we talked to some guys who had over 50k mile on the supercharger with not one problem. If you change the oil on schedule and do regular maintenance, you should have no problems. The only thing I would make sure of is that the car is tuned well. That can make all the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.