Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Need pics of deep water blue challengers

9K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Blutiful 
#1 ·
i would like to see pictures of deepwater blue challengers ..thanks in advance

#17 ·
Yeah I thought the Maximum Steel Metallic would look pretty cool but after seeing it in person on a Ram pickup, I'm not so sure. Might still look ok but similar to Granite Crystal. Ram truck in MSM pic below.

Was deep water blue metallic?
Yes it was.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

#5 ·
Here's some shots of mine.

#8 ·
Beautiful ride Chris.

I Fn love DWBP, beats the hell out of these ridiculous blues they offer now. Sorry, I'm not trying to insult anyone else, just personal preference.

If B5 were a few shades darker I would go for it, some days I love it(in the shade) lol, other days I hate it

#12 ·
Here's mine:

Attachments

#15 ·
While everyones picture were excellent, if your looking to see if this is YOUR color, go to a dealer that has one. I didn't like the color when I saw phones, then saw one in person and I thought wow, that looks awesome. Same is you want bright white or ivory. Find a dealer with one of each and have them park them together for you to compare.

#21 ·
I was told by my dealer that they changed from DWB to Jazz Blue due to the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The facility that was supplying the paint was damaged/destroyed and when they were able to resume production the exact formula for the color was slightly changed, so they had to change the name. I've never seen a DWB and Jazz Blue side by side so I don't know it there is any noticeable difference.

To me, DWB is by far the best color, especially with white stripes trimmed in red. No other combination of color and stripes has the same visual impact.

#23 ·
I heard the same story, at least the first part of it from my paint & bodyman.
I'd take the last part where Jazz Blue is a reformulated DWB might be a dealer embellishment...you know, salesmens force of habit thing...
Probably more like we need a replacement blue how about this.....

#25 ·
Lol, Jazz Blue isn't anywhere near the color of DWB. Besides that they came out with a different medium blue after DWB, it had more of a purple tint to it but it was a lot closer to DWB than the current Jazz Blue.

There was a dark blue in 2009 when I bought my Charger, that may have been the color that transformed into Jazz but i can assure you it wasn't DWB.

#28 · (Edited)
Yeah there's only so much you can do with pictures. Jazz Blue doesn't look that light in person, looks like black until you got real close, and B5 looks much brighter in person. To me anyway

I wish B5 looked that dark, I would buy it, to me it looks baby blue in the sun. Just not a muscle car color to me, I don't care if it was a 70s color, I didn't like it then either lol.

I'm 53 and DWB was one of my favorites shades of blue ever. To each their own. I want to love B5 but I just can't, lol.

Attachments

#30 ·
#31 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.