NEW 2009 SRT8 Challenger sells for $29.1K - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 AM

Photos: (14)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW 2009 SRT8 Challenger sells for $29.1K

Guys, what are the odds of this going through? I did what I could to win and sure enough, I won.

Dealer wants to back down now. What could I do?

Dodge : Challenger : eBay Motors (item 390166094286 end time Mar-12-10 14:07:25 PST)

ebay auction: 390166094286
It's in LA county and so am I.
Legal binding contract at the bottom. I did my part so far.

Also, sign up and support the board

—————
Update: 3-17-10:
Sat down with the dealership rep with paperwork, payment, and documentation in hand as required in auction listing 11:15 this morning. They won't honor the auction for a 5th time, in person.

——————————

Update: Hitman's Log. Star Date 3.18.10....
I took a huge step back from all of this today and took a much needed break. I've been obsessing about reading as many posts as I can, with everyone's comments and suggestions, as well as going to other message boards along the way. As you can see there are a lot of posts and opinions going around and amazed me how this has grown so much in such a short amount of time.

I have a lot more to read up on and being patient with the whole process of it all.

Again, THANK YOU to all the followers and message boards. More to come…

——————————

Update: Hitman's Log. Star Date 3.19.10...
I usually try to update my post at the end of the day so I have as much information as possible. So bare with me as both sides come together. Thank you again!

——————————

Update: Hitman's Log. Star Date 3.20.10...

Still alive and well. Thanks everyone for being concerned. Was a big day indeed for me, and also for everyone following this. Working on gathering all my notes. Please hang tight.

——————————

Update: Hitman's Log. Star Date 3.21.10...

First of all, "Thank You" to everyone for cheering me on and helping me move forward in a positive way. A lot of message boards picked up this thread and have to thank everyone for passing the word around too.

Attachment 16735

There you have it. Visual of the keys in my possession of the SRT8 deal that Glenn E. Thomas Dodge honored for $29.1K plus tax and license fees of course.

Both parties had plenty to talk about that day but in the end of it all, things worked out for everyone. So there is praise to be made to both sides, especially the dealer who did honor the auction.

Would encourage everyone to send them praise and not attack anyone in that establishment as this was not the point of this thread.

I'm sure there will be questions on how things went down.

Last edited by Hitman_; 06-22-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
WoW!!! Grab the ram by the horns and run with it :-)
Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Srt

[QUOTE=Hitman_;491662]Guys, what are the odds of this going through? I did what I could to win and sure enough, I won.

Dealer wants to back down now. What could I do?

Dont let them, notify Ebay and your local Dept of Consumer Affairs/Better Business Bureau.

2009 R/T SOLD
2014 R/T Shaker, Torred, Auto, Stripe Delete, Nav, Dash #1270. Purchased from Bob Frederick, Columbiana CJD.
MODS: Solo Performance Exhaust w/ Mopar Quad tips, Moroso catch can, Gunslinger Pistolgrip Shifter.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:51 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jcal70
Backed out

I would let as many people know as possible. Keep fighting
Old 03-13-2010, 10:57 AM

looks to me like a brand new ebay seller that had NO IDEA of how to run a reserve style auction, LOL.
sure as hell hope you can get it for that price but you may have to get a lawyer to hold them to it, Ebay will be just about worthless in this case because i think the dealer will just cancel their seller account.

just in case they do completely back out i would make a complete copy of the auction before hand that you can post all over the web showing what kind of con artists they are.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Photos: (14)
I saved everything electronically including the listing, so yes, had to make sure. So I'm not at fault by wanting to press forward then. Will post updates if and when I do get them.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It looks like the dealer forget to place a reserve on the SRT. If the dealer wants to back out of the auction, your chances of getting the Challenger at your bid are slim and none.

Max Power: 652 rwhp Max Torque: 635 ft-lbs Boost: 15 psi

Performance Mods:
Techco 3.0L SC, Techco Strut Tower Brace, DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune, HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads, HHP/BES Camshaft, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hurst Shifter
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM

I know this dealership, and I have been emailing with the Internet guy. I know that they would be willing to deal heavily on this car, since it has over 250 miles on the odometer. But, I'm sure you caught them with their pants down on this one. That'll teach 'em to not put a reserve on their autions!! Good Luck!!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to rmfootball69
There was just a story about a hyundai that went for a crazy low price on ebay. The dealer wanted to back down and was FORCED to make the sale. I'd contact a lawyer maybe, and definitely consumer affairs. You got that price fair and square. They screw up, they have to bite the bullet.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to rmfootball69
Disclaimer: This auction is a legally binding contract to buy this vehicle. All vehicles are sold as-is unless otherwise specified. I have done my best to accurately describe this vehicle. It is up to the buyer to come see and further inspect the car before the end of the auction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.