NEW 2009 SRT8 Challenger sells for $29.1K - Page 15 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi, saw this over on the Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth forums: Dealership "accidently" auctions $45K for $29K on eBay-will buyer get car? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

Hitman,
Good luck, I hope you get the car! It is rightfully yours! Everyone saying you're out of line clearly needs their head checked. You won the auction, it is a legally binding contract. The dealer must sell you the car for the price you bid and won it for.
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by stryder09 View Post
I contacted the editors/writers at Jalopnik. Never got a response though. Might be worthwhile for someone else to do the same.
Thanks, we got the email this morning. I've PM'ed Hitman_. We just need to talk to him before we do up a story on this.

Ray Wert
Editor-in-Chief, Jalopnik.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Photos: (27)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just helped spread the word on the Infiniti forums.

Zoomer's 3 inch Cat Back Exhaust / Skip Shift Eliminator / SP Strut Tower Brace / SP 180 T-Stat / SP Catch Can / AFE Stage II CAI / CMR Tune By Adam at ST / Hurst-Gunslinger Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter / Chrome Door Sills / Sequential Turn Signals / 1 of 351
Old 03-16-2010, 05:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by DetroitWonk View Post
Thanks, we got the email this morning. I've PM'ed Hitman_. We just need to talk to him before we do up a story on this.

Ray Wert
Editor-in-Chief, Jalopnik.com
Heheheheh.

Cool.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 AM

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!! Good luck on your "hit", Hitman.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:32 AM

E-Bay

Hitman,
Allow me to introduce myself as "DV". I'm from the Cobra forums where this thread is making the rounds.

Thought I would let you know that the contract with/through EBAY is totally LEGAL and LEGITIMATE, The Dealer has to -by law- obey the regulations!

Example, a Gentlemen by the name of JOE FROST listed a turnkey Cobra on EBAY and like the Dealer, for what ever reason Joe Frost did not put in a minimum. The car sold for thousands if dollars under retail value!

Joe realized his mistake too late, Joe's brother is a Federal Judge and much to his trying to help Joe out he advised Joe to SELL AT THE WINNING BID.

There is no way that the Dealer can back out of this without coming to some type of agreement with you!

Act quick! Your attorney General's Office, EBAY-instantly if you haven't done so. AN Attorney to send EBAY and the Dealer a Letter "Of Intent"!

You will win this...Don't listen to any guff, especially by the Dealer. I can provide you Joe's information if you think it will do you any good. Good Luck, I will be checking in here on occasion to see pictures of you and your new car!
DV.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:46 AM

Photos: (8)
Originally Posted by judgeman6970 View Post
not exactly true....its called "deadbeat bidder", it happens all the time, and no-one takes them to court...the buyer gets a "blemish" on his record & the seller re-lists the item...thats about it
hope it works for hitman,maybe the dealer will try to come to a comprimise to save face & make hitman happy but i doubt it'll happen.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to n20capri
Registered when I saw this thread over at MustangWorld.com - I also posted it on FourEyedPride.com.

Good luck dude I hope you get it. I've had people back out on me for Capri parts and it's annoying...Reason I hate Ebay!

Good luck again.
86 AscMcLaren Capri #026/115
11.45@118+ ~ 290/322
86 Mustang SVO - 9L, cloth! (Finally)
My Website
79-86 Mustang/Capri Dash Pad Repair Tech
Fox Chassis S-Box Install Tech

Want your car on a T-shirt? Click Below
http://www.mikemartinelli.com/custom_tshirts.php

Custom center caps, vinyl decals racing #'s etc
www.baldguydesigns.net
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Drag Racer 345D View Post
I'm Drag Racer 345D and I run a little drag racing website you might have heard of. Between that and riding around on Mach1Marauders silky white mustache I hardly have time to visit other forums. I just wanted to say that I think you're out of line by trying to make the dealer honor the eBay auction.

GREY POWER!!!
I'm Fordmopar70, blah, blah, blah. Nope. haven't heard of the site. Beat it. Hitman won the bid under the terms of the agreement!

2011 Mustang 5.0, Black, 6 spd manual,
GT Appearance + 5 pkg, Brembo Brakes
2011 Mustang V6, Sterling Grey, Auto, Mustang Club of America Edition
1966 Mustang
Previously owned: 09 Challenger R/T &
08 Challenger SRT8

Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM

Photos: (4)
663 guests, 27 members, 21,000 views. This is going to get interesting. I still have the issue that the dealer included in their auction "this is a legally binding contract". Ok, so be it.

Posted an article on my website to add to the fray, address in picture below.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.