New 2013 R/t, what to do - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lower it, you won't regret it.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Lower, exhaust, rims and you are golden!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Photos: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to WCKSRT8YJ
What he said^^^^ Wait for your tune

392 Hemi, 6 spd, HK stereo, 730 Nav

2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
LS1, 6 spd, Ram Air, 22,000 mi

1970 AMC AMX, 2 seater
390 ci, 4 spd, Ram Air, 3.54 posi
Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 AM

the go wing is available thru the accessories catalog from mopar. But it does not fit in the same location as the stock lip spoiler, so when you remove the old spoiler there are holes in the trunklid that would need to be filled, which is why people recommend getting a trunk from an SE and using that instead.

You really don't need a tuner to use a cai or an exhaust, you an install them and it will run just fine without one, but the tuner helps take advantage of the extra air and flow and can add more power afterwards.

The thermostat question you had is debated here repeatedly. If used, it will usually lower the operating temp of the engine, therefore making it run cooler which could add a miniscule amount of power to the car, hardly measurable, on the other hand, the car was designed to run at the temps the original thermostat came with for emissions and other reasons. I personally bought a thermostat but never installed it as i decided it wasn't enough of a change to really matter, i'm holding on to it for when i need to replace the original.

I also couldn't really tell much of a difference with the cai i put on, it is louder and sounds better, but doubt it gave me more than 10hp or so at most. and that is hardly noticeable without a dyno. Now with the diablo tune loaded, there was a difference you could feel, but even then I doubt it was as good as a real tune by an experienced mechanic with a dyno available.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 PM

Thanks for all the info guys!!! If you have anything else I'd love to hear it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Congratulations for your new car.
GardX Paint & Leather Protection - Vcool tinting
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM

Thanks! I just got the stripes installed that go from the hood to the fender and say R/T under them....in Orange
Old 11-09-2012, 02:19 PM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Originally Posted by Lord Warlock View Post
the go wing is available thru the accessories catalog from mopar. But it does not fit in the same location as the stock lip spoiler, so when you remove the old spoiler there are holes in the trunklid that would need to be filled, which is why people recommend getting a trunk from an SE and using that instead.

You really don't need a tuner to use a cai or an exhaust, you an install them and it will run just fine without one, but the tuner helps take advantage of the extra air and flow and can add more power afterwards.

The thermostat question you had is debated here repeatedly. If used, it will usually lower the operating temp of the engine, therefore making it run cooler which could add a miniscule amount of power to the car, hardly measurable, on the other hand, the car was designed to run at the temps the original thermostat came with for emissions and other reasons. I personally bought a thermostat but never installed it as i decided it wasn't enough of a change to really matter, i'm holding on to it for when i need to replace the original.

I also couldn't really tell much of a difference with the cai i put on, it is louder and sounds better, but doubt it gave me more than 10hp or so at most. and that is hardly noticeable without a dyno. Now with the diablo tune loaded, there was a difference you could feel, but even then I doubt it was as good as a real tune by an experienced mechanic with a dyno available.
GREAT advise on thermostats right there.
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar hood struts
Mopar strut tower brace
Spohn sway bar end links
AAD tension arms
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
Billet Technology catch can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.