Dodge Challenger Forum banner

No "Mystery Dents"

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Stantz 
#1 ·
So as the title says,
Who on here doesn't have any of the "Mystery Dents"?
I may be just lucky or just getting old and blind but.........I can't find any on my 2015 Billet Silver R/T. I do have the dimples in the rubber roof strips but this really doesn't bug me too much.
So let's hear some positive stories for once, or twice!:wink3:

#2 ·
None on my 14 R/T and I've looked at a lot of new ones and saw a few dented fenders from people leaning on the cars, but have never seen anything that looked like factory defect on the roof or anywhere else. Guess whatever is happening comes only after driving and only on some cars. And I guess having White helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 ·
If you were somehow right and 1 out of 10 Challengers had random dents and ripples appear along various body panels, it would mean a complete break down of Chrysler's quality control system, or basically willful negligence .

#5 ·
None here either but my car leads a charmed life. No racing so no extreme stress on the body (if that's even whats causing them).

#6 ·
None on both of mine but...... I couldn't help but notice some on a used 2014 Core Challenger today as I was cruising through the Dodge dealer. I hate it for the folks that are dealing with this!

#8 ·
When I was getting ready to order my '16 Scat, I hit a lot of dealers to check and double check colors, just to make sure.

I never saw any dents on any trim level '15 Challenger on the lots.

That said, every single one of them had the "dimpled" roof rails. Dimples in the rails are better than dents, and I went through the dimple thing on my '10.

Looking forward to my '16 coming home in a few weeks! :)

#10 · (Edited)
I am assuming this is one but can't be certain. Something could have dropped up there or prep issue or maybe even a palm from a guy moving past the car and bracing himself while loading or unloading off the truck or something. I never even noticed it until I was standing at the front of the car looking out into the setting sun. You can see the distortion with the little hook. To me it is too small and precise to be a ripple or something like that? Maybe those with experience can confirm or deny this is what I fear it may be. Anyway PDR is coming Tuesday to get it out. If this is the only one I will be fine with it as I am not even sure it is. There are no issues anywhere else on any panel. Only 350 miles though.

Also, this area would seem to me to be pretty strong since there is very little metal between the rail molding and the sunroof? Can't image that area could torque as some have theorized without seeing something more towards the outside of the car. You usually can't twist something and only affect a dot the size of a golf ball??

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Nothing here yet. Lately I've been driving the car hard, cornering hard, and just generally trying to stress and flex the unibody in normal spirited driving as much as possible. I wanna see if anything is gonna happen, before I get to far in on payments on this thing. Car is still immaculate at 775mi. Keeping close watch.

#14 ·
2015 R/T, a little over 6 months old and about 4,000 miles. The only thing I have is the "dimples" in the rubber roof strips. The dimples were there when I took delivery, and dealer said they could be replaced. They really don't bother me, and I didn't want to take a chance at making something worse, so I decided to leave them alone. I have been through a couple "hand" car washes, and I always look the car over after a commercial wash, but have found nothing. So far so good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.