Dodge Challenger Forum banner

off road fun in vegas?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Kean 
#1 ·
anyone take our cars off road?

I was wondering if there are any good light off road trails to take our cars in vegas. I don't mean hills and bumps just a little off road long roads to see the area and have a little fun.

#2 ·
are you crazy?????

#3 ·
Stance is too low for the trails I normally ride on with my truck or durango. I wouldn't do it.

#5 · (Edited)

I don't recommend it unless you don't mind dirt and rocks thrown at the lower panels and blasting the paint (mud guards mandatory)...
Now I'm one to enjoy what the car can do, not just how it looks, and for slippin' and slidin' I love me slippery mountain roads, like just after the rain and when no one's around. But off-road? Nah... If you have to drive very slowly and cringe every time you hear rocks banging against your undercarriage, what's the point, right?

#6 ·
Off roading

Best camping I ever had was in the (Kinob?) forest north of Grand Canyon National park. The official campgrounds were full, so the ranger directed us to utilize the bulldozer trails into the woods, about 5 to 8 miles north of the North Rim (As I recollect, your actual distance may vary!) The car in question? A 1970 Torino with low hanging Hooker comp Plus headers and a four speed. we bounced up that trail into a very remote spot that had ambiance to beat any "Campsite". Never would have happened if we werent adventerous and a little bold. My summation of car ownership? Every scratch and dent is a potential story. Fortunately I got neither on that expedition, only great memories! Drive on.

#7 ·
....sorry, I don't see any fun in taking a car like the Challenger off-road. It would be pretty boring in fact (considering how slow I would drive it to avoid bottoming out, rock damage, etc.). Any time we need to go off-road, on trails, etc., we take my wife's Forester. There may also be a new Jeep GC in her future. ....now that would be more fun. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.