Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Owners Manual- Included or Not?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  RT23 
#1 ·
So I have read many posts regarding whether Dodge includes a printed owners manual with the car, Some say yes, others say no. I find it hard to believe that no manual is included with the purchase of a $40K-$50K car. Really?
I know the manual is available online, but no matter the cost, my cars have always had a manual. I would also think that there may be some legal implication if there were no "instructions" included to explain some safe operations on the vehicle.

So the question is, for those that have received their cars, did you receive a printed manual with the car?

#3 ·
My 2015 came with a 230 page owners guide (manual), U-connect CD, Sirius XM booklet, pamphlets for my tires, lemon law, towing info, warranty stuff, etc all in Dodge leather case. (see pic taken just now) I think you may want to check with your dealer if you didnt receive this (??), or Dodge directly. If neither can/will help you, as a last resort in grabbing one, I have seen them on ebay for a few $$, as well as dealer brochures, etc. not that you should have to buy it if you bought brand new recently!
Hemi4Us

Attachments

Reactions: Schnitzengruben
#5 ·
Our 2014 came with a dvd that had owners manual information, and on the fine print of the outer jacket there were instructions on how to call and get the printed owners manual. I did and it fits nicely in the little shelf in the glove box. Have they changed that for 2015?

#6 ·
I haven't received my SRT yet. (It's due in tomorrow. Fingers crossed).

I've already down loaded the complete users guide and printed a copy that I placed in a ringed binder. You can also download the handbook that, "should" come with the car.

Here's a link to download the manuals;

My Dodge: Dodge Owners Service Manuals - Dodge Cars, Minivans, SUVs

#7 ·
If you look in the glossy hand book there is a phone number to call and the first owner is entitled to a printed copy of the manual. Sadly most people never bother to read theirs as it's full of many important features of the car but they will come to a forum and ask for answers to any questions they have.

Reactions: Go Goody and Max57
#10 ·
Neither my '13 Wrangler nor my '15 Challenger came with the printed owners manual. But the dealership parts department will order it for you if you're the original owner. My SRT manual showed up at my house about a week later. Free to the original buyer. About $65.00 for subsequent owners.

#11 ·
I did some more research on this from DriveSRT and the dealer. According to DriveSRT, the car comes with a disc that has the manual on it (yeah, try using that while in the car!). My dealer was aware of this too, so I've already asked him to order the manual for me (car is due 7/10). It is free.

#12 ·
I prefer having the full owners manual as a PDF rather than a printed copy. The PDF obviously is searchable and makes finding what you're looking for much faster and easier. Besides, I almost always have my iPad with me if I ever needed to look at the manual while I'm in the car too.

#14 ·
My 12 RT came with the DVD and hard copy manual. I don't recall who, but when talking about it, they said vehicle manufacturers are moving away from printed. IF true, I guess they don't think enough people will encounter a situation where it's needed to justify it. But I prefer to have a hard copy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.