Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Please help w/ push button start

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  emax 
#1 ·
Hi guys my buddy just picked up a brand new 2012 header orange srt8 392 challenger 6 speed and it did not come with a push bottom start. I thought all srt8 came with the push button can anyone tell me if He is supposed get that from the dealer any info would be great thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Check to see if the "button" is in a plastic bag in the glove box or center console. If not, then the dealer owes him a button.
The button just snaps into the place where he is currently inserting his Fobik.

#3 ·
All SRT8s come with them! Dodge ships them in the trunk with other items such as the floor mats. Most times, the dealer prep guys install them for you or places them in the glove box or center console.

At most dealerships, they remove these from the cars so that they are not "lost" during test drives and on display. But they place them back after the sell. So, I guess the real issue is where they "put" your friend's.

#4 ·
I didn't get one either...I just use the key fob... didn't know that they all had them. I could have sworn when I bought mine it was an option, but thats 2011 as well.

#7 ·
I just bought my 2012 Challenger R/T Classic, and the push button was in a small plastic bag in the glove box. At delivery my Sales Advisor asked me if I wanted the button installed, and when I said yes, he just pushed it in place where the key-fob is inserted.

#8 ·
Mine was missing too, picked up a replacement one of ebay for about $10

#14 ·
That may work for you, but does not seem to work for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.