Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Production Challenger Spotted today. Naked!

12K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  RRHemi 
#1 ·

HOLY S@$T!

this is from Autoblog.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/reader-spy-production-dodge-challenger-naked-in-the-rain/

"Autoblog reader Ray O'Connor happened upon an undisguised Dodge Challenger on his way to work in the Detroit area and managed to snap a photo of it from behind the wheel. At first, we wondered whether the HEMI orange car pictured was simply the concept car out and about, because it has been known to traverse public roads before. Neither the ducktail spoiler on the trunklid nor the taillamp design shown on this car are features of the concept, however, so we're guessing one of the preproduction cars was stretching its legs a bit. Or maybe Chrysler's taking a page from GM and, like the Camaro, has decided to just get rid of the camo altogether. In any case, the car will finally be revealed to the world next month in Chicago, and we'll be there, as always, to cover it.

Thanks, Ray!"

See less See more
#2 ·
THIS IS AWSOME!!!!! I like it more than the concept, and now the wait is really killing me! I want mine, the wait is almost over and this is just sweet looking.

#10 ·
champcaracing said:
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! oops sorry guys, seen these cars, can't wait till feb. then all the questions will be answered. and everyone should be happy.
Hey CHAMP It may be boring to you, but for many of us, its not. Since your to scared to post any pics, how about you keep your "This bores me, I see it everyday" attitude to yourself.

Besides, you give me the ZZZZZz's when you post nothing, but supposedly know everything....

For us unwashed, thanks for the pics!

RoostKing..

#11 ·
Cuda340 said:
This car is a 2009. Probably a 6 cylinder (Note the absence of dual exhausts,cut-outs in the valence, and racing gas cap). All of the 2009 Challengers, except the SRT will have matching color rear spoilers. The SRTs will probably have flat black.
Are you sure about all '09s having the spoiler? Cause I don't want a friggin spoiler on my R/T. I'm pretty sure I heard the gas cap is on the left side of the car too

#15 · (Edited)
No I probably wouldn't, but I also wouldnt be giving the ZZZZZZZ's because i was so jaded either. Kind of condecending in my opinion. While we drool over blurry cell-phone pics, he seems to relish letting us know he knows all. Ok, so dont post pics, why not give us a hint regarding some questions we have? We sit here dissecting these photos and he could simply say "nope, gas cap left side" "Seat belt is so and so" "Functional slats in teh hood" etc etc. Its not like his shop is the only people in the country who have seen the so I dont see how he could get caught...

Anyway...

#16 ·
RoostKing said:
No I probably wouldn't, but I also wouldnt be giving the ZZZZZZZ's because i was so jaded either. Kind of condecending in my opinion. While we drool over blurry cell-phone pics, he seems to relish letting us know he knows all. Ok, so dont post pics, why not give us a hint regarding some questions we have? We sit here dissecting these photos and he could simply say "nope, gas cap left side" "Seat belt is so and so" "Functional slats in teh hood" etc etc. Its not like his shop is the only people in the country who have seen the so I dont see how he could get caught...
I have to agree. ResumeSpeed gives us little tidbits of info now and then. Hell, the car's going to be on public display in 3 weeks or so. So what's the big deal about a little info?

#17 · (Edited)
JonW said:
I have to agree. ResumeSpeed gives us little tidbits of info now and then. Hell, the car's going to be on public display in 3 weeks or so. So what's the big deal about a little info?
Aww... c'mon now JonW's right... that's really just not nice watching us squirm... is it? Maybe just one little pickey wickey?? We won't tell no one will we JonW ;) (wink,wink), and it really won't hurt no one anyhow... will it?? :rolleyes:

#19 ·
RRHemi said:
Damn Roost! Chill man!

If you had a job where you had access to the Challenger and other concept cars would you risk it by posting pictures?
at the risk of being labelled a mediator..:eek:
You're both right. It would be crazy to risk your job by releasing some company info 3 weeks or so before it was coming out anyway. Then again if someone wants to let us Canadians in on what our allotment, options, colors or pricing will be I won't stop them!!

On the other hand, its totally without class to flaunt the fact that they know something but can't tell. Reminds me of kids in the playground taunting each other cause they know a secret. Either spill some beans or stop rubbing it in people's faces that you've got beans and they dont. I'm ok with either one.
( but would still prefer some Canadian beans about this car!! :D )

thats my 2cents

#20 ·
I read the comment a little more "fun" than condescending. Sure, it's a little jab to those of us who don't have intimate contact with this car, but he says he can't wait until February ... just like the rest of us.

I get the impression that champcaracing is excited to see these cars produced and on the road-- maybe even with a little more pride since he's a little more involved.

If he can't say anything specific about it, he can't say anything specific.

But I sure can - specifically, it looks AWESOME to me! Nice to see it without the camo, even if it's not a series of super detailed shots. It's that much more "real," and that much closer to having a slew of brothers out there on the road with it. Exciting! :D

#21 ·
This is probably exactly why people in the know don't post to this board. Thanks for giving us the heads up many times CCR. It was very cool of you to try and keep us informed as to where we might see the car next.

Hopefully after the release everyone will get the wad outta their panties.:D
All Canadians of course are permitted to have extended wading due to unexcusable lack of concern for the delivery of their vehicles.

#26 ·
ResumeSpeed said:
Don't count on it...
Dodge should follow Ford's example. The spoiler delete on the Mustang GT is a no-charge option, so you get no credit for the delete. It's a rip-off, but at least you can delete the spoiler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.