Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Race Ramps

22K views 54 replies 24 participants last post by  Easttxtycoon 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, My question is what size ramps should I get for just doing an oil change on my R/T? The RR-56 vs the RR-67 have a price difference of $130.00 but a height difference of 8" vs 10"...Would the 8" height be enough?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
The longer ramp is easier to go up and the two inches is nice to have while under the car. Yes they are pricey but I found them so well worth what I paid for them. I borrowed a set used them once and then bought my own. The two piece set is nice as you can put the inclines aside while under the car.

#3 ·
I have the 56in ramps. I have no problem fitting my fat a** under the Challenger to perform a oil change.
But as yellow jacket states the 2 extra inches would make things easier. IMHO you can't go wrong with
either set. I also agree, go with the 2 piece set.

#4 ·
I have the RR-XT-2 2 piece model, only used them once so far but I really liked them, I know I'll be using them for more than oil changes down the road.

#9 ·
I have Race Ramps (RR56) and they are very good and easy to drive up. More than enough clearance for maintenance work

Attachments

#13 ·
Yup. I just used a couple 2"x10"x8' pieces of lumber laying around after my last construction project around the house to mod my old metal ramps. Just drilled a 1/2" diameter hole thru the board and the ramp to drop a bolt thru when using them to hold the board in place. Looks a little *******, but it was essentially free as I already had everything.

#14 ·
Just ordered the 2 piece 67" from autoanything dot com, they have 20% off (FEB20 coupon code) and free shipping so total was $271. There's also a $20 mail in rebate so total I will have saved $88 which kind of pays for the difference. Still seems very expensive for plastic ramps but it is what it is.

Reactions: hemisrt
#18 ·
Been on the fence about these....the long 2 piece ones...best price I can find up here in dogsled land is $369.00 and 50 bucks shipping.....thats around $300 US......Jeez, they are 10 bucks worth of molded something or other....sure the injection molding machine and mold probably cost 500k plus, but still.

#19 ·
My Challenger group borrows them all the time. Not only are they functional but extremely light and easy to move around. They don't slip when trying to drive up on them . I have the larger two piece versions which make working on the car, nice (granted wish I had room for a lift but.....)

Well worth the money if you work on your car regularly

#26 · (Edited)
I put the car up on the ramps myself with no problem. I open the driver's door a little bit. I sit in the left edge of the seat and lean my elbow on the driver's door, put my head out and I can see the left front wheel and ramp with no problem. Sound weird but works very well. I can put the car on the ramp the first time every time with this method. As others have said, I always chock the wheels to prevent roll back.

Reactions: JB1
#21 ·
Yes you can go up alone if you want but another person there is always helpful. You can buy a cheap dressing mirror at home depot and prop it in place and watch yourself going up or look with the door open etc. Always use chocks, your life depends on it while under a car. Harbor Freight has excellent rubber ones for about $8 each.
Once a person owns them they don't regret the money spent.

#22 ·
I was a little nervous when I drove up on them the first time. I set them in front of the wheels, stood back to see if I had them straight, decided to measure the distance of the outer edges of the ramps at the tires & at the far end, then had my wife watch me as I drove up. Yes you can feel when you reach the top and yes I put on the parking brake and put a chock behind the rear wheel (safety first!). I'm sure as I use them more it'll be easier.

#29 ·
Subscribed

#33 ·
I just bought a set of ramps made in Canada by Scepter. 6000lb capacity each and my front splitter clears by an inch. If the race ramps were even remotely priced accordingly I would have got them....but at 350 bucks? LMAO, not a chance in Hell.

#36 ·
Sorry I don't have part number in front of me, but they are the 12,000lb model. Hope that helps!

Reactions: STX392
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.