Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sales in my area (Connecticut)

3K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  royo 
#1 ·
I've noticed that Challengers in my area seem too be sitting on dealer lots like they did before Employee Pricing. One Black 2009 R/T Classic that a dealer was to deliver after the ordering dealer closed wouldn't honor the Employee Pricing Deal and the buyer backed out of the car and now it has been sitting on his lot for at least a month now along with about 6 others. A lot of other dealers are building up inventories also. How's your area?

#4 ·
Up until a few weeks ago in southern New Hampshire, there was only a handfull of them around within 100 miles. Now I see plenty of 2010 models coming in and others in transit. I NEVER see a Challenger on the road and I drive 40 minutes mostly highway each way.
When the cars finally started coming around, I noticed several '09's come and go from inventory because I think they were old orders being filled. After that, no more activity. I thought the pent up demand with them not being available for so many months would cause them to get snapped up right away but they don't seem to be moving.
Dodge has a nice product but they sure don't make much of an effort to sell it. The days of, "if you build it, they will come", are over. That may have worked initially when this car was new and there was plenty of hype on it everywhere.
It's inevitable that price incentives will have to be introduced to get things moving once again. Changing colors may peak interest for the die hard gotta have its, but for many people, all they can do is dream of owning one because it's out of reach price wise.

#5 ·
At least in my immediate area, dealers are killing sales by still wanting MSRP. I've been watching one particular '09 R/T for 3 months now- in HO no less. They still won't go under $200 off MSRP. And yet the 2010's are pouring in to Atlanta and even Bham/Nashville now. Go figure.

At the same time, all you have to do is check the Detroit area (just an example, most places in the NE are the same) and dealers are even showing discounts on their web sites, not to mention making some deals. Just the way it is. Watch eBay- more new '10s are selling* than new '09s because some dealers still have '09s on the lot for a reason.

*Not being listed- actually selling.

#10 ·
Having just gone through trying to find a reasonably priced Classic, I've seen and was offered lots of RT Classics priced at just over $40k. I was beaten to a Torred Classic with a MSRP of $37k last week, and same with two DWB Classics at $38k. I've had my pick of SRT 6 speeds--if I'm willing to pay $45.5 - $46k. I've decided to wait it out and see if prices come down.

#14 ·
Having just gone through trying to find a reasonably priced Classic, I've seen and was offered lots of RT Classics priced at just over $40k. I was beaten to a Torred Classic with a MSRP of $37k last week, and same with two DWB Classics at $38k. I've had my pick of SRT 6 speeds--if I'm willing to pay $45.5 - $46k. I've decided to wait it out and see if prices come down.
When I bought mine I had gotten prices on a few that were on dealers lots in November of 08. They wanted sticker and were not even giving me trade in value on my car. We were about $2400 apart on what I wanted to pay. When EPP came along I jumped on the deal and got a car with about $2k more in options for what I wanted to pay originally along with the icing on the cake of 0% financing. I have had the car for about 8 months now and can truely say it's the nicest car I have ever owned and this is the 49th which I hope to have the rest of my life. When the time and the price are right go for it you won't be dissapointed. I think the dealers will be bargaining more as there inventories grow, Hang In There.

#11 ·
Checked this morning, and in addition to the 09 HO SRT8 auto going for $44K, they now have an 09 Black R/T 6-speed 27J going for $39K - still too rich for my blood. Unless they're flexible with these, it seems overpriced. Especially since the 2010's are rolling in now.

#13 ·
I drive by my dealer almost everyday. They had 2 blue ones. I think one rt and one srt. Sat about a month and now they are gone. Now they got 2 black SRT's 2010. They tell me they sell the SRT at sticker. Not saying it is fair. But if they can unload them with worse case paying 1 month floor plan why discount. One the outher hand the chevy dealer has about 6 camaro. The interesting part is the chevy dealer had a SRT8 Chally 08 or 09 silver. They had a price of 38,990k on it and it sold quick. Supply and demand.... The Challenger is one hot car!!! Inventory seems real low at all american dealers in my area.. Not good for picking up a car cheep...

#15 ·
There were 19 of them on the lot at the dealer here last week. I went in to get some parts in my new R/T and the sales manager noticed the out of state temp tag and asked me why. I told him I got it right at invoice and he said he would have sold me one at that price if I had asked. Well with the 5k mark up on the car why would I have bothered?

They have so many they are putting them on E bay now at invoice. Too bad.

#17 ·
The 2010's are starting to roll into Houston. They're still to proud, so some 2009's are still no the lots...not many. Inventories will build. My suggestion to friends eyeballing the Challengers is to be patient. It'll look different in a few months price-wise.

HemiSam

#19 ·
69 superbee you must be talking about "HALL" ! That place should be shut down.I tried to buy from them back on Jan.10 and they added on 5K! Starr Motors sold me one for 1K off sticker. The only good thing about them (Halls) - they let the Mopar Club (Tidewater) have car shows there. I did a car search on Dodge's website and it looks like the blacks and B5's are rolling into the tidewater Va. dealers.

#21 ·
Bingo! Hall. Rip off kings of Tidewater. I went all the way down to Hickory, NC to buy mine. Steve White Motors. 1k off sticker honored my 1k Viper Club rebate and no 500 dollar doc fee. Hall was asking 5 k over and then they do the " extras " to the tune of close to another 1k. And now they are up on E Bay for invoice. If they had not been a rip off I would have bought there.

Starr is a good dealer. They just did not have anything in stock when I went to buy.

#20 ·
Wait...

Unless you want one of the new colors (DY or PCP) now is NOT the time to buy. Dealers are just starting to get their 2010 Challengers in and are acting like its still 2008 or 2009 and they can get wahtever they ask for these cars. Well guess what?

This model is now THREE years old, Camaros are flying off lots and the "buzz" for this car (buying wise) is pretty much gone EXCEPT for Challenger fanatics like us.

The time to buy will be either be between Christmas and NYE or late January. I'm going to guess that Chrysler will add SRTs to Employee Pricing sometime in December or January and few dealers will be getting anywhere near Sticker anymore for a "typical" Challenger.

#24 ·
Inventory

In and around Rhode Island the Dodge Dealers are getting a lot of inventory in the last 3 weeks. I went to Bald Hill Dodge in Warwick, Rhode Island the other day and he had 1 red SRT, 1 red RT Classic, 1 black STR, 1 black SE, 1 white SE, 1 silver RT, and a sold B5 blue--all 2010's.

When I was shopping around in RI and CT 5 weeks ago I was getting offers for a 2010 RT that were 700 above invoice, 500 above invoice, and 1 offer (the one I took) at invoice--that was at Metro Chrysler/Dodge in Johnston, RI. And I ordered my car and it's suppose to arrive on Monday; only 5 weeks from the day i ordered it. Not bad!

#26 ·
When I got my (ordered in March)RT in June there where no Challengers on the lot besides mine. When I got my oil changed a week ago I decided to talk a walk around the lot and they had 4. Three RT's and a SE. Dodge has not done enough marketing on the car. People come up to me almost everyday to tell me they love the car. Some people still cant believe it when I tell them that my RT is a 09 and not built in the 70's. i.e. Alot of people who love this type of a car dont know that they can buy a new one!

#28 ·
Maybe to Chrysler, the Challenger is one of those cars that they don't mind if they make a huge profit off of it or not. It was the same for Honda and the S2000. They made it for 10 years and didn't make much profit off of it, but it was a great car with a cult following; i expect the Challenger might turn out the same.

#29 ·
Dayton Area

Just drove past Dave Dennis and he has probably 15 Challengers on the lot in a variety of styles. They have a couple of SRTs, another B5 Blue Classic (2010 though), and a gunmetal SE that stand out. Not sure how fast they are moving around here though, considering the weather is going to be changing soon. But hell, it's always nice to see other Chally owners in the area so I'm wishing them the best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.