SE and SXT owners modding then upgrading to an RT - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
SE and SXT owners modding then upgrading to an RT

Is is just me...but why does it seem that SE and SXT owners want to mod the crap out of their car to make it look like an RT or SRT8? Then, after they spend $100's to $1000's of dollars on new exhausts, catch cans, tinted windows, stripes and badges, bigger tires, etc., they then want to trade it in on an RT.

Someone recently went on an endless rant about a dealer who didn't want to buy his 2010 SE at the Blue Book price (dealers work off of Kelley Black Book, I believe) and sell him a 2012 RT at a low ball price. The car was, of course, over modded and seriously, who would want an SE (even in perfect condition) when there are a lot of better options unless the selling price was very low.

I don't know. It seems that some people are pissing their money away (which is their perrogative) on buying a lesser car and modding it only to have second thoughts later on an RT or SRT8. I say...buy the car you want the first time...even if you have to wait and save up the $$$...so you won't lose your shirt on the trade in later on.

2012 Dodge Challenger Yellow Jacket SRT8; Stinger Yellow Clear Coat, 5-speed Automatic with autoshift, Yellow Jacket Appearance Group, Harmon Kardon 18 Speaker Premium Sound with 900w Amplifier, Power Sunroof, Media Center 730N, 245/45ZR20 All Season Tires, Speedlogix BT Yellow Jacket Catch Can, MOPAR T-Bar Shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Same has held true with R/T to 6.1 SRT to 6.4 SRT upgrades...
The Following User Says Thank You to cannonballcobb For This Useful Post:
b1ackjack (10-18-2012)
#3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 PM

Why not just do appearance mods then down the road drop in a bigger engine (say 426 hemi) and then the mods to support it? At the end of the day you would be looking at around the same price as an SRT and have something unique. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Thanked 1,110 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSdude View Post
Is is just me...but why does it seem that SE and SXT owners want to mod the crap out of their car to make it look like an RT or SRT8? Then, after they spend $100's to $1000's of dollars on new exhausts, catch cans, tinted windows, stripes and badges, bigger tires, etc., they then want to trade it in on an RT.

Someone recently went on an endless rant about a dealer who didn't want to buy his 2010 SE at the Blue Book price (dealers work off of Kelley Black Book, I believe) and sell him a 2012 RT at a low ball price. The car was, of course, over modded and seriously, who would want an SE (even in perfect condition) when there are a lot of better options unless the selling price was very low.

I don't know. It seems that some people are pissing their money away (which is their perrogative) on buying a lesser car and modding it only to have second thoughts later on an RT or SRT8. I say...buy the car you want the first time...even if you have to wait and save up the $$$...so you won't lose your shirt on the trade in later on.
yes it is just you...why would you give a big fat flying crap why/how someone else spends their money, much less spend the time posting a thread about it?
oh and good job insulting SE owners challengers.

--Ray--

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"

Last edited by IDMTfirefighter; 09-28-2012 at 09:11 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IDMTfirefighter For This Useful Post:
CaptainJeffro81 (09-28-2012), Crossbones74 (01-13-2013), dragons layer (02-26-2013), Gator Brah (09-29-2012), TexasSXT (02-28-2013)
#5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 PM

On paper it sounds stupid but in real life things happen. An SE owner can buy with the idea to keep stock..and then get the mod bug like the rest of us.
It is not only cars...homes, bikes, boats, girlfriends lol as well as other things. I think I am a smart guy but I am guilty of doing the same thing.

Last edited by raceheart77; 09-27-2012 at 10:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to raceheart77 For This Useful Post:
CaptainJeffro81 (09-28-2012)
#6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

It's just you....... On our SE, I added foglights, and changed the radio.... neither of which I consider a "mod".

Just because you read threads from people who have decided to mod their cars, doesn't mean everyone is doing it, or wants to do it.

If we wanted an RT, we would have bought an RT.

A "lesser" car? Nice, real nice......

Boy, this forum is really going downhill fast....
#7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadwiper View Post
It's just you....... On our SE, I added foglights, and changed the radio.... neither of which I consider a "mod".

Just because you read threads from people who have decided to mod their cars, doesn't mean everyone is doing it, or wants to do it.

If we wanted an RT, we would have bought an RT.

A "lesser" car? Nice, real nice......

Boy, this forum is really going downhill fast....
Indeed and all model owners are to blame for this stupid comparison competitions.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide App

Military Police - 2007-2012, Never Forget the Fallen
MODS: Roto Fab True CAI, Reso Delete w/ SRT Bottle Mids, Skip Shift Delete, Lock pick w/ Back up Cam, 392 Engine Covers Rebadged 345.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brent60 For This Useful Post:
gooney0 (03-06-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 11:27 PM

There is nothing wrong with se and sxt owners modeing there cars..
#9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is nothing wrong with the se/sxt, some people only care about looks.

2012 Dodge challenger 5.7 classic black with red RT strip
#10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDMTfirefighter View Post
As far as wasting money...how about shelling out thousands extra for an over hyped yellow challenger that basically comes with less than attractive wheels, stripes, and some seat stitching
Hmm... I think I might be insulted... lemme think on that... NOT

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode