Service Manuals.....again. - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Rudedog View Post
Check out my post number 7 in this thread. You can get the same manual for $60, which in my opinion is well worth it. However it's no where near worth $200+
I have the 2009 manual and have to agree it's not worth $200 but for $60-$70 I would say it's worth it.

I know my car runs 10's because I once beat a guy who said his car runs 11's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
I returned the manual, I was dissapointed on its overall info. They subtracted shipping and handling and a additional handling fee, plus 25% restock fee. I got back $162 of my original 236.

Screw DCX. Techauthority blows.

I might call AMEX and dis credit there original charge. This is BS.
They are probably assuming you just made a copy of the CD and sent the original back. I'm actually a little surprised they even allowed returns!

Compared to the full manual set I just got for my 2011 GMC for the same price - well actually there is no comparison, the GM manual set is a FULL set of manuals.
69 Pontiac Grand Prix 428

Last edited by waumo; 12-22-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to electricmarquis Send a message via Skype™ to electricmarquis
Makes me wish I had also bought that Camaro SS for my wife. From now on, all new car deals will include service manuals. I used to work them in back in the day and got away from it.

Looking for someone to install custom white leather interior in a black Camaro SS for my wife. It will be a surprise car gift for her. That Camaro purchase will include a service manual set. My wife keeps her cars for 12-20+ years. The last car she had, a 1998 Monte Carlo Z34, she just sold last year. Only sold it because she needed AWD hence the Outback.

Bring back Pontiac and the T/A!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Since I see seperate BODY manuals on the Service Manual site, am I to understand that there is NO body section in the "Service" manual???
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog Send a message via Skype™ to Rudedog
The body manual can be found here https://a.srs20.spx.com/OEM/Chrysler...ook/index.html

Note that this does not include trim pieces (which are included in the service manual on DVD). This is structure only.

2010 Challenger R/T Classic | Plum Crazy Pearl | 6sp | sun roof | STP | Leather | Sound Group II w/Nav (730N) | Hood struts | Mopar fender flairs | MOROSO Tanks| Lockpick v.4 w/cam | Petty Garage STB | Trinity w/9r28.crom | Hust S/T shifter | BT Catch can|BT Engine bling | PASSPORT Qi45 | PCP brake calipers | AT cat back | AFR true shaker/TA hood | braided hoses | AN fittings | JBA shorties | Hi-flow cats
Old 12-25-2012, 06:20 PM

For 2008 Mopar did a hard copy TSM but it disappeared in 2009. Some copies are out there but the 2008 only had the automatic trans. In 2009 they went to strictly an electronic version that uses Adobe SVG that works via Internet Explorer. All the files are on your disc it only uses IE to display them. There were bootleg copies on eBay a few years ago for $20 a pop but they have disappeared (eBay clearing them out) There is a guy in Latvia (yes that Latvia over by Russia) that sells Parts CDs for GM, Ford, Mopar etc. Somewhere around $40 a pop. I have bought several from him and they are good. This is the same parts CD the dealer has. He has the 2013s now that go back to 2009 or so. He may have the Service Manuals too you'll have to ask. His eBay name is partsdepo_lv As far as a pdf version of the TSM goes I have not seen one. What I have seen are bootlegs of the factory TSM CD that uses Adobe SVG. I have one on my hard drive now works great. The reason there is no pdf version is because it would take someone to print the TSM off the SVG version and then rescan as a pdf, a lot of work. It would be nice and would make a smaller file than the current TSM. I agree I would love a hard copy of the TSM. I bought a 2011 CTS-V and had the hard copy of the TSM 6 months later. Same deal with Ford their hard copy 2012 manuals are out now. Reasons known only to Mother Mopar they have decided to go electronic only.
Delivered to Crown Dodge Fayetteville, NC 24 Apr 2009

Do It Right or Don't Do It All

Last edited by theamcguy; 12-26-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.