Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SMS Saleen Challenger...

10K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  GregTheUPSMAN 
#1 ·
I was doing a quick search and I came across an interesting and would be great buy.. Ahhh, if only I had the money!!

2010 Dodge Challenger SMS 570 #500 of 500

$52,888.00

See less See more
#4 ·
It's a great looking car but they have had plenty of issues. Do a search and you will see for yourself.

Reactions: SRT8U
#24 · (Edited)
That what happens when you take a newer customers money to pay for the previous customers work, you never catch up & eventually the newest customer get's screwed.

#13 ·
the dealership where I bought my SRT had a Saleen Challenger, but it only had a 5.7 6spd. Nice lookin, but beyond that it wasn't worth the 42K they were asking. Too much cosmetics and plastic. Wow! $2k worth of faux ground effects...I'm (not)impressed...

#16 ·
It looks ghetto if you ask me.. They had one on the floor when I took delivery of mine. They wanted 60k for it.
What a POS. I've heard some interesting stories about SMS myself. Not a chance I would ever drop a dime on something they touched.

#18 ·
Even if it's weren't an SMS that grill looks terrible. It almost looks like a cross between a Camaro and Challenger for some strange reason.

#20 ·
a bad looking challenger modification, over priced, with a reputation in the line of Henessey

ouch, gear away.....

#22 ·
^^^ x 2

sexy machine!

#23 · (Edited)
There is a Plum Crazy 2010 still sitting in a dealership not far from me. It's been there since at least August of '10. They can't sell it because 1- the price & 2- the SMS problems that go with it.

#26 ·
Most problems were due to the fact that Steve saleen lost his company to the investors they brought in.they kicked him out And the company went into bankruptcy. He just won in court to get his name back and is back with the saleen name. All screwed up if you ask me. That's what I was told at the LA show by Hans. He also told me all their challenger packages are base on the 5.7. IMO their stuff is way overpriced and the quality is not there.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#29 ·
Nice looking car, but is it worth this amount of money?
I prefer to keep it stock than paying all that amount for this look.

#32 ·
Nice looking cars. I believe that they have a Quality control issue there. I saw a SMS Camaro at Spanking times that Adam was putting it together for SMS after they could not ge it to run right. It had many problems, but it looked good for a Camaro. It was a 100k+ car. If the car is used and and has had the issues resolved that many have had it might be worth looking at the car. They are a eye-catcher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.