Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Spotted on I 96 (5) car carriers filled with orange challengers

5K views 51 replies 13 participants last post by  Venthos 
#1 ·
Spotted on I 96 (5) car carriers filled with orange challengers while driving to Detroit today to pick up the wifes new ride.

My kid about freaked when he spotted them heading to-wards west Michigan.
5 car carriers and several enclosed carriers as well following a mile back all zooming to there new homes..
Some had to be headed for Chicago.

What a cool sight!:bigthumb:

Its Happening!

#2 ·
Freakin' awesome. I wonder if I'll catch some myself over the next few days. Sat-Tue I drive for 40 min along I-275 and I-94 on my way into Dearborn

#4 ·
Spotted on I 96 (5) car carriers filled with orange challengers while driving to Detroit today to pick up the wifes new ride.

My kid about freaked when he spotted them heading to-wards west Michigan.
5 car carriers and several enclosed carriers as well following a mile back all zooming to there new homes..

Its Happening!
Very nice, did you get any pics of the carriers? That had to be a site to behold. That is probably the 8th wonder of the world actually seeing the challengers being delivered lol

#5 ·

My kid about freaked when he spotted them heading to-wards west Michigan in the on-coming lanes.

Its Happening!

:):):):):):):):):):) no black ???

#8 ·
funny thing is I was going 85mph, in the other direction.
I was more concerned why my kid was yelling at me like he was on fire,it scared the crap out of me actually.

Believe me,I drooled all over those SRT8's at the Chicago auto show they are simply an amazing vehicle's I'm talking right down to the rubber.
I spent 2 hours at Dodges display and couldn't get my eyes off the Black SRT8 it looked so mean and its stance made it extremely noticeable evernt from a distance you could feel the heritage in this cars design.
I had to leave when my kids feet went nub,lol.

Most of the time I stood and watched all the peoples reaction as they approached the car's.
It is going to be a hoot once when we all get out there on the road,invasion of the rubber neckers..
It was like something out of a zombie movie!
The crowds that grew around the Challengers couldn't be matched buy any other auto make in The Mc Cormick place,nada.
I was sold right then and there not to forget to mention Motor Week really talked up the car and said "It was the best fit and finish interior to ever come out of Detroit".Liken that!
Those are some heavy words,they too loved the car as I suspect we all will as well.
Motor week stated as well "The performance stats on the car as equal being to the original hemi's from days of old".

I cant wait we are on the event horizon so to speak about to be pulled into this aw-some experience of owning such a Bad Azzzzz car.
Its time to rewrite the hemi scriptures a bit!

#9 ·
man that had to be an awesome sight. I bet you rubber necked right out of the car lol. i wish i couldve seen peoples reactions at the auto show. That had to be priceless. The more we talk about this car, the more impatient i get. THis is going to be a long summer

#10 ·
#16 ·
I'm cracking up at all your resonses.
Just like Not Sure, I had the matching experience at the New York Auto Show. I couldn't move for like 2 hours either. I kept coming back. To just be in the Challenger's PRESENCE gets your adrenaline pumping. I've said it before, but if you haven't been fortunate enough to see the Challenger up close and personal in person, YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET. Pictures don't do it justice. First off, you have no idea how long that hood looks - we're talking mean. Every angle is just right. Descriptions don't do it justice. Then you look under the hood. .. Talk about an unwrapped package! I mean - we were looking at the three and even the dark blue SE was a sight to behold. Can you imagine looking at the SRT?

They did good. Real Good. Now their on there way!!

#17 ·
I'm cracking up at all your resonses.
Just like Not Sure, I had the matching experience at the New York Auto Show. I couldn't move for like 2 hours either. I kept coming back. To just be in the Challenger's PRESENCE gets your adrenaline pumping.
I had the same experience at the Philadelphia Car Show in Philadelphia in February. I had a floor plan and was the first to arrive at the 2009 SRT Challenger exhibit. I was speechless and took dozens of photos before the crowd arrived. During my stay at the car show, I kept coming back to the Hemi-orange Challenger. I couldn't get enough! You're right...the car looks great in photos but fantasic in person. I think we all need a doctor- we have Challenger fever!!! :):)

#19 ·
Ugh I'm starting to hate all you guys who have seen a Challenger up close and personal ;)

I've yet to see a Challenger outside of pictures. For some reason they didn't bring the concept to the Detroit auto show (NAIAS) when I went this past January. I saw some cool stuff and sat in the Hemi Orange Charger Daytona '08 but no Challenger =(

Even my sister has come across two Challengers on the road. She saw one in a parking lot and another cruising around.

One of my coworkers saw one cruising, too.

Me? NOTHING.

I've *never* seen it in person - concept or pre-production. Something tells me with as hard as I have waiting right now it'd be even harder if I saw the thing in person.

#20 ·
I've *never* seen it in person - concept or pre-production. Something tells me with as hard as I have waiting right now it'd be even harder if I saw the thing in person.
I think you are right, we have the advantage of never seeing the car. I cant imagine how hard it would be on me right now if I knew exactly what I will be getting into in november :facelick:

#23 ·
Heh, and if anyone thinks I'm not going to flaunt it -- you're wrong ;) I'll be proud of my car and proud to show it off.

I'll be happy to oblige a rev at the light to onlookers. Regardless what car I drive I always like to get up to the speed limit ASAP. I don't speed, but I accelerate pretty quickly up to that speed limit. I'm sure that driving habit combined with the beastly Hemi + Trak Pak exhaust will cause some heads to turn each time I get on the pedal from each light.

My friends/coworkers make fun of me saying that I treat my gas/brake pedals like binary switches.

Something tells me I'm going to spend a lot of time the first few weeks with my stereo completely off just listening to the rumble of the engine. Heck, that should be my answer to NOTSURE's "what tune are you going to listen to first" thread. My answer? The tune of my Hemi rumbling and roaring.

#25 ·
Heh, and if anyone thinks I'm not going to flaunt it -- you're wrong ;) I'll be proud of my car and proud to show it off.

I'll be happy to oblige a rev at the light to onlookers. Regardless what car I drive I always like to get up to the speed limit ASAP. I don't speed, but I accelerate pretty quickly up to that speed limit. I'm sure that driving habit combined with the beastly Hemi + Trak Pak exhaust will cause some heads to turn each time I get on the pedal from each light.
I love showing for people. They are all the time pulling up beside me saying "let me hear one time" or "air it out a little" lol. Just to see the look on their faces is priceless. If chrysler puts the same exhaust on the challenger that they did on the chargers, you wont hear it too much. Atleast not until you're near the 4500rpm range lol

My friends/coworkers make fun of me saying that I treat my gas/brake pedals like binary switches.
that sounds like me, either all pedal or no pedal. I cant seem to figure out what easing on the accelerator means :rofl:

#24 ·
My brother's got the SRT Charger in Black. It's beyond awesome and I love it. He also has a 75 red vette. His sister will be pulling up beside him in the 09 hemi orange. Now, that's a picture. Back in the 80's he had the 86 or 87 mustang and I had my 87 Grand National. We had fun then. Guess we'll pick up where we left off! He'll still beat me, some things will never change! Every time he gets a new car, my jaw drops to the street. When you're average people like us, we respect our cars and really appreciate them, because if that's where your passion lies you are so tied to them. We're 45/46 now and he ALWAYS had the better car (except my buick in my opinion!). Funny thing is I love him so much there is no jealousy whatsoever. He's a hard working honest guy and he truly deserves them. He'll be having lots more cars I'm sure, but my plan is to keep this Holy Hemi Orange Challenger to pass on to my daughter. That's the plan anyway.

#26 ·
425hpChargerSRT8 said:
If chrysler puts the same exhaust on the challenger that they did on the chargers, you wont hear it too much.
I think the SRT8 Automatic exhaust is going to be similar, but I believe the SRT8 6-Speed Manual is getting a different exhaust. Part of the "Trak Pak" as I read it includes 0.5" larger diameter exhaust over the Automatic and they are replacing the muffler with two resonators. So if you're going for the 6-Speed you'll have a louder exhaust over the Auto SRT8. I believe a similar case is true for the R/T 6-speed, you get slightly larger pipes and (MAYBE, i'm not sure) the resonators instead of muffler if you go with the 6-speed. It's part of the Trak Pak. I'll see if I can find that information again.

#27 ·
I think the SRT8 Automatic exhaust is going to be similar, but I believe the SRT8 6-Speed Manual is getting a different exhaust. Part of the "Trak Pak" as I read it includes 0.5" larger diameter exhaust over the Automatic and they are replacing the muffler with two resonators. So if you're going for the 6-Speed you'll have a louder exhaust over the Auto SRT8. I believe a similar case is true for the R/T 6-speed, you get slightly larger pipes and (MAYBE, i'm not sure) the resonators instead of muffler if you go with the 6-speed. It's part of the Trak Pak. I'll see if I can find that information again.
Now that alone would make the 6 speed worth it. If you can find that info again, please post it.

#30 ·
It's driving me nuts that I can't find the information about exhaust diameter. However, on Allpar's info page I found the bit about the resonators.

Allpar said:
Also included with the manual transmission is a unique dual exhaust that has two low-restriction bottle resonators replacing the underfloor muffler, and bright pedals.

#38 ·
I hope they come out sooner for you guys.
Nov might not be bad in Alabama, but its not a great time to be driving a new Chally in Michigan!

#39 ·
Tell me about it. That would be so disheartening to not get my Challenger until the weather starts to crap up in Michigan. I need to at least have some fun time with the car, let alone time to get used to such a drastic change in the car I drive (240hp -> 425hp, FWD -> RWD, Auto -> Manual) before we get our oh so fun winters and I go sliding all over.

#40 ·
Finally found it!

SE: Single exhaust with a 2.5” pipe; rolled muffler, single rear resonator, and single
outlet.
R/T Auto: Dual exhaust with 2.25” pipes, single muffler; dual rear
resonators; and dual exhaust tips.
R/T Manual: Dual exhaust with 2.5” pipes, 2 bottle resonators (replaces the muffler
from the automatic transmission system); dual rear resonators, and dual exhaust tips.
SRT Auto: Dual exhaust with 2.75” pipe; single muffler; dual rear
resonators; and dual exhaust tips.
SRT Manual: Dual exhaust with 2.75” pipes, 2 bottle resonators (replaces the
muffler from the automatic transmission system); dual rear resonators, and dual
exhaust tips.
I was wrong about Trak Pak meaning bigger pipes on the SRT. However, it does yield bigger pipes on the R/T. But, good information nonetheless. Wonder what kind of difference in exhaust note the resonators replacing the muffler will produce.

#41 ·
Finally found it!

I was wrong about Trak Pak meaning bigger pipes on the SRT. However, it does yield bigger pipes on the R/T. But, good information nonetheless. Wonder what kind of difference in exhaust note the resonators replacing the muffler will produce.
Thats great news, where did you find that. I think the resonators will make it a little louder with less drone.

#48 ·
Dang straight, NOTSURE. You and me both will be cruising 365 days a year in our Challengers through the notorious Michigan winters. I'm with you on the good set of winter tires, too.

I hear that with a good set of winter tires + ESP that the charger SRTs handled pretty darn well in the snow. So I have high hopes.

#49 ·
You all and the Challenger will do fine in the snow. I grew up next to Fort Drum in upstate NY where they train the 10th Mountain Division (or used to) and we got over 300 inches of snow a year. I drove a Dodge Duster with nothing but a lap belt (which I never used) and a 340 and (forgive me) a 70 Camaro. I ditched the Camaro once, but that was it, and I was not a law abiding driver in my teen years. I figure the car will be a piece of cake. Of course I live in Tennessee now so that is easy for me to say.

#50 ·
We all seemed to get along just fine in bad weather back in the good ole days.Thank you for that reminder since fwd has been so prevalent in most cars to date the old rear wheel drive winter fun can actually be just that.
Im hoping and if it an issue Ill pull out the caprice 9c1 which is like a tank in the snow.

You all and the Challenger will do fine in the snow. I grew up next to Fort Drum in upstate NY where they train the 10th Mountain Division (or used to) and we got over 300 inches of snow a year. I drove a Dodge Duster with nothing but a lap belt (which I never used) and a 340 and (forgive me) a 70 Camaro. I ditched the Camaro once, but that was it, and I was not a law abiding driver in my teen years. I figure the car will be a piece of cake. Of course I live in Tennessee now so that is easy for me to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.