Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Spotted: Upbadging!

24K views 165 replies 64 participants last post by  Madcoder 
#1 ·
I find this comical... :rolleyes:

2012 DODGE CHALLENGER RALLYE REDLINE EDITION - $28950 (MARIETTA)

Date: 2012-11-11, 8:15PM EST
Reply to this postReply to: kvmk8-3403170591@sale.craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]

2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline Edition with only 530 miles. Loaded, leather, automatic stick-shift, 20" redline wheels/tires, dual exhaust, R/T grille logo, etc. Strong 3.6L V6, 305 horsepower, 27 mpg highway. No tax, private owner. $28,950 obo 4O4-518-7551, please no calls after 9:00 pm.Keywords: hemi charger mustang camaro ss big block shelby cobra mopar cuda srt srt8

http://images.craigslist.org/3G33L33Hc5L45Ga5Fccbb6a45fbd08e1913ca.jpg

See less See more
#38 ·
(Reaching for the popcorn)

At least some of the posts are worth a grin and chuckle. Better than some other threads....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#43 ·
And now to stir the pot with sports fans: what's up with wearing your favorite team's jersey with some player's name printed on it?! In that case it's usually clear to all that the chubby, pasty, and middle-aged white guy is not Kobe Bryant, however. :umbrella:

#60 ·
It has LONG been the norm that Mustangs have two stripes, covering bumpers/spoilers/front valence AND the roof.

It has LONG been the norm that Chevrolets have stripes that do NOT EVER EVER EVER go over the roof. On top of that, they also do not go on the bumper or anything else down low.

Now along comes Dodge and they put two stripes with a "TM" (trademark) narrowing on the front so as to call for exclusivity? Bahahahahaha.... Yeah right.

What Dodge can claim are the side stripes and wild numbering of their motors on the sides. Otherwise, stripes were never really all that for Dodge until the Viper came along. At least that car had the gonads to handle the stripes.

Enjoy your cars people!! Don't listen to others. Heck, I give thumbs up to guys who mount wooden daytona wings on their 4-door GMCs.

:)

#63 ·
It has LONG been the norm that Mustangs have two stripes, covering bumpers/spoilers/front valence AND the roof.

It has LONG been the norm that Chevrolets have stripes that do NOT EVER EVER EVER go over the roof. On top of that, they also do not go on the bumper or anything else down low.

Now along comes Dodge and they put two stripes with a "TM" (trademark) narrowing on the front so as to call for exclusivity? Bahahahahaha.... Yeah right.

What Dodge can claim are the side stripes and wild numbering of their motors on the sides. Otherwise, stripes were never really all that for Dodge until the Viper came along. At least that car had the gonads to handle the stripes.

Enjoy your cars people!! Don't listen to others. Heck, I give thumbs up to guys who mount wooden daytona wings on their 4-door GMCs.

:)
LOL my next mod is a four foot tall, three wing, neon green spoiler with L.E.D. and neon lighting accents...

#62 ·
maybe Shelby Mustang owners get pissed when we Challenger guys put Shelby stripes on the SRT's from the factory! :)

#64 ·
The "poser" SE/RT, is just jumping off a bandwagon and has found out it is not for him. The Challenger nation if you will, is composed of older guys and girls who had one, or wanted one during the era 68' till 74' or a close family member, friend or strong memory in regards these cars. I was very blessed in the fact that my mom bought a new 69 Z/28, and I bought a new 73' Challenger 340 pistol grip but by that time Muscle cars were neutered. Even with me, I get a chance to right a 40 year old wrong of not getting the car I truly wanted in 73' I know that my opinion is not correct, but it's like meeting someone who has USMC tats and never served in any branch of the military
KB

#66 ·
Probably because R/T Challengers were bad a$$ back in the day.

Dodge needs to come out with a high end R/T Challenger again and badge it as an R/T SE...

That would really f*ck with people!

:D

#68 ·
When people split hairs and argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin... it's usually because they can't face the issues that they are dancing around (insecurity, inadequacy, elitism, superiority complex, etc.). Sometimes a stripe is just a stripe (thanks, Sigmund). And sometimes it's not, apparently. The guy with the fake badge probably had no clue how loaded the issue can be for some and his head would explode should he stumble upon this thread!

#70 ·
And if no one were there to see it, would it still be a wannabe? :D

#73 ·
Upbadging is in poor taste, but overreacting to someone's choices of paint or car designations is a reaction I've seen before. It's about territoriality and the need to assert identity based on arcane and shifting boundaries, as shown here (NSFW due to language):
"Wait, are there SRT stripes, esse? Dontcha know you can't bring a red car around here?! This ain't no R/T, cuz! Where your Dodge shirt at?!" :sneaky:

#75 ·
I got another one for ya, and I think it's come up before: what if I put a 5.7 in an SXT and upgrade suspension and brakes until I have a perfect retrofit... can I call it an R/T even if the factory (see VIN) didn't?

#78 ·
This is better. You see it all the time with classics. At least you're backing up your representation of the rt package with rt specific options. I do think the origin of the car should be fully disclosed up front at time of sale.

#76 ·
My feelings on the subject are this. During the original Challenger production run, only certain V-8 powered Challengers could be bought as an R/T. I don't think the slant 6 cylinder Challenger was ever offered as an R/T...

With the current Challengers looking so true to the originals, I guess Dodge decided to keep the R/T tradition of being only available in V-8 models. It is interesting how the SE designation is no longer available in V-8 models and is 6 cylinder specific.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.