Spotted: Upbadging! - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Thanked 1,101 Times in 673 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCuda View Post
OH come on, you know these up-badging threads are fun! You wouldn't write on them if you didn't think so!

eh the first 1-3 were fun...now they are as predictable as another "which CAI is best?" or "do I really need a catch can?" thread

Well if I buy a up-badged 3.6L should I get a catch can and what is the best CAI to get?

--Ray--

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This must be fun for some....been reading the same drivel for 3 years !
#33 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Now that everyone on Craigslist is doing it .......I think I may go ahead and put an SRT badge on my wifes Chrysler T&C

R/T (used to be Cuda Cliff) Bee

1954 Plymouth Savoy
1959 Chevy Apache

"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball ... but she can still turn a head or two"

[/url]

Last edited by R/T Bee; 11-12-2012 at 09:32 PM.
#34 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM

Now on some Camaro forum the magazines will hear, "I just beat the pants off a new grey/red striped Challenger R/T the other day" - lol.

2009 R/T Challenger
Bought on Dec 28, 2008

Last edited by Robo; 11-12-2012 at 08:50 PM.
#35 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 PM

Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
i dont see much difference between putting RT or SRT on the grill of a SE vs putting 392 stripes on a SE

to me its the same thing...its someone trying to copy a more expensive model

all you guys say how horrible it is to put RT on the grill, yet if a SE owner makes his car 100% identical to a 392, but does NOT put SRT on it then its great and his choice
The way I see it, stripes and color schemes are a tribute while badges are an impersonation. You can put on a bowling shirt if you like the way Charlie Sheen looks in Two & A Half Men, but if you change your name or get an ID that says Carlos Estevez, then you're going too far. Now I couldn't care less what other people do with their cars either and also think that it's one of the silliest recurring topics.
The Following User Says Thank You to USRWDV8 For This Useful Post:
Madcoder (11-13-2012)
#36 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonddjs View Post
I'm gonna up badge my Murray lawn mower to a John Deere right now..........
Hahah! Love it.

I have seen the light.
#37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
The way I see it, stripes and color schemes are a tribute while badges are an impersonation. You can put on a bowling shirt if you like the way Charlie Sheen looks in Two & A Half Men, but if you change your name or get an ID that says Carlos Estevez, then you're going too far. Now I couldn't care less what other people do with their cars either and also think that it's one of the silliest recurring topics.
This I can agree with- all of it.

I'm more of a debadger, myself.

Next new topic that has never been mentioned before on CT! Are R/T owners that go for the rear spoiler delete, actually down badging? Tonight at 10.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChallengerPhil For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (11-13-2012)
#38 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM

(Reaching for the popcorn)

At least some of the posts are worth a grin and chuckle. Better than some other threads....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

2010 Challenger SE
1996 Ram 1500 4x4
1972 Plymouth Sebring Plus
1971 Plymouth Sebring
#39 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Thanked 1,101 Times in 673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
i dont see much difference between putting RT or SRT on the grill of a SE vs putting 392 stripes on a SE
I'm curious what you mean by "392 stripes"?
The stripes on a 392 are nothing more than a rallye style stripe common on many cars.
They are not unique to the 392 challenger and therefore putting them on a SE is not copying a 392.
Consequently putting a R/T badge on a SE is absolutely, totally, and 100% without question different than adding stripes
The Following User Says Thank You to IDMTfirefighter For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (11-13-2012)
#40 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM

Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerPhil View Post
I'm more of a debadger, myself.

Next new topic that has never been mentioned before on CT! Are R/T owners that go for the rear spoiler delete, actually down badging? Tonight at 10.
Another debadger here! I do like 'the way the Challenger's red R/T looks' because it's so reminiscent of the classics, otherwise I'd pull the badges on a Charger without a problem, and actually sought out one without deck spoiler (aware that it would look like a naked V6). Now the Challenger's trunk looks a little off without something at the end, but I'd still do it, no problem. I appreciate the sleekness and purity of the base models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDMTfirefighter View Post
I'm curious what you mean by "392 stripes"?
The stripes on a 392 are nothing more than a rallye style stripe common on many cars.
They are not unique to the 392 challenger and therefore putting them on a SE is not copying a 392.
Consequently putting a R/T badge on a SE is absolutely, totally, and 100% without question different than adding stripes
Yeah, those stripes aren't proprietary. What you're pointing out is that the guys who pay big bucks to have the top dog want exclusivity and ackowledgement (elitism and bragging rights - human, but also pathetic in its own right). So making a 'lesser' car look remotely like theirs is threatening their status. I'm a big V8 proponent, and would get the biggest and baddest if I could swing it, but that's purely for my own enjoyment and I wouldn't care if they made a 4-cylinder Challenger that 'looked' faster than mine (actually, I'd prefer it - let 'em be the cop magnets)! But cars have much social meaning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	57658   Click image for larger version

Name:	34.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	57659  

Last edited by USRWDV8; 11-13-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode