Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SPShakers over MSRP?!

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  scatpackLA 
#1 · (Edited)
Last week I spoke to a southern CA salesman who claimed they got $63,500 for a PCP manual SPS because it is much rarer than a HC . I thought it was total BS until I saw (on another thread on this site) of photo of another dealer asking 65,000 for a SPS. What the heck is going on?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I guess the issue is that very few dealers here in LA have - or have gotten - SPS. I visited three Dodge service departments before I found one that had changed the oil on a Shaker (the shaker hood needs to be removed).

Even so, someone has to be nuts to spend 10K over list... on a shaker or a hellcat.

#7 ·
That's ridiculous. I thought my local dealer was bad: $11k markup on Hellcats, but there is no market adjustment on Scat Packs.

#11 ·
If I outfitted a SP Shaker the way my SRT is, the price would be the same. I didn't pay MSRP for my car and I would never consider paying MSRP for a SP Shaker either, nevertheless a dealer mark up. That's pathetic IMO.

#12 ·
Im glad to see the pic I posted from my local stealership got reposted.

My take on it is this. They put these marks ups on all their cars because there are plenty of people in and around clarksville tn that will pay well over msrp for cars. Not only does this dealer do this but all new car stealerships in town do this. I think the main reason for this is FT Campbell. Its a local Army base that has well over 10,000k Soldiers who all the stealerships know have money, and get paid each month. So they try and make as much off the Soldiers as they can.

Which is why I dont buy from any place in town, and I tell everyone I meet to not buy from them as well.

This is just my opinion based on all the information I have learned over the 15yrs of living here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.