Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SRT, S/P Alcantara, Better then leather?

13K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  BlkSEbase 
#1 ·
SRT and S/P are offering their leather group seats with Alcantara main surfaces.
alcantara isn't even natural- "Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane" :werd:

WTF is Dodge thinking on this one, I test drove a sublime RT+, with blk leather, a fine seat, beautiful. Sat in a Sublime S/P with the Alacantara, feels cheap. Opinions?

#3 ·
Alcantara will hold up better. If they were to use real suede it would need so much care that most people would not do, that it would wear out and look like crap. I personally love my scat packs seats, very rich and luxurious in my opinion. Just the right amount of leather trim, bolstering, and lateral grip.

#5 ·
Yea, it's cool up here in the Northwest. Leather is nice. There should be a leather option. Me No Like. As a girl i used to know used to say. lol

#45 ·
Me No Like. As a girl i used to know used to say. lol
Did she love you long time? :grin2:

I dont find it too bothersome - I'd definitely prefer the leather though.

#7 ·
That was the one concern I had about my Scat Pack, no real leather option. Having it for a month now, I can honestly say I don't ind it at all. It doesn't feel cheap, and comfort is of course as subjective as you can get, but I like it now. In the future, IDK that I would pay extra to have leather over Alcantara, or extra for Alcantara over leather, I put them on roughly equal footing.

Reactions: Intense
#10 ·
I guess i can always reskin them if i don't end up liking them. Is it on the doors too? or just the seats? :browsmiley:

#12 ·
Is '15 the first year for Alcantara?

#20 ·
It was a similar material on the '08-'14 SRT seats

#15 ·
are the back seats covered in the stuff too, or are they leather?

#16 ·
Yes all 4 seats. Zero complaints with it. It provides excellent grip, also does not get stiff or cold in the winter, or hot or sticky in warmer weather. Unless you just flat out want leather, it is a great seating material

#17 · (Edited)
Alcantara is an AMAZING material, and I love the use of both leather and Alcantara together. The way it breathes and also grips you so you don't rattle between the leather bolsters is what makes it desirable over full leather. My wife's JGC has full leather- and its very nice. But it gets a little sweaty over the long haul...

#19 ·
I love the alcantara. It is usually an upgrade for extra $$ on Euro vehicles.

I had a buddy that had an 2005 E46 M3 BMW. There was an $900 option at the time to upgrade the headliner to black alcantara and he did it. It was badazz!

If you are going to (road) track your car, you'll love the butt grip.

#21 ·
Was watching Street Outlaws, big chief was pulling Vin Diesels all night, Awesome cars. Want'in my S/P!!!

Sounds like a really nice materiel, but i really like the leather, wonder is someone would trade me straight up for their leathers?

Then i would just need to upgrade the rims to the SRTs and sell the S/Ps.

Might be a plan.??? >:)

#27 ·
Couldn't resist, could you? : )

Reactions: c26bt34c
#29 ·
I've decided to accept my B5 blue Alcantara equipped Scat Pack, thanks in no small part to the very positive reviews i've read here, in my thread. I can live with it for a couple of months. But i will be converting to Rich Corinthian Leather... lol. Yea Sir.

BTW, it has been built and is awaiting shipment. :notallthere:

:smile:

#30 ·
I'm not sure if it is exactly the same material but our 09 and 10 SRTs have the synthetic suede inserts in the center of the seats. The SRT people claim it is used to keep you in place during "spirited driving" and it does. Ours still look perfect.
I don't really care for the look on the 15s where they run it out to the edge of the seat though.

#34 · (Edited)
its called leather group not Alcantara group. Plus My b5 blue is already built. Do you know how hard it is to get a B5 Scat Pack built with everything you want ? I'll take the Alcantara.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.