SRT Super Bee Grill Emblem - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
(Thread Starter)
SRT Super Bee Grill Emblem

Does anyone know if the SRT badge off the Yellow Jacket Charger (the one with the bee) will fit on our grills?

2010 SRT8 6spd Mods: AEM Brute Force Intake, SLP LoudMouth, Hurst Short Throw, 180* Tstat, 93 Oct Tune, Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, 2011+ IAT Mod, 13% Tint, Mopar 10 Grill, H&R Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't say for sure, but I suspect that it would work because of the wide open "egg-crate" design of our grills.

#3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 12:45 PM

(Thread Starter)
The only thing that makes me question it not fitting is that the Charger grill is honeycomb and ours isn't.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 07:23 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

It should clip in, and if it doesn't you can remove the clips then apply doubleface tape. It is a plastic emblem without much weight.

But now I have a question for you?

Why would you do this when the Super Bee belongs on the Charger lineup not Challenger. Duh!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 6SPD4ME For This Useful Post:
MarkWalther (11-13-2013)
#5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME View Post
It should clip in, and if it doesn't you can remove the clips then apply doubleface tape. It is a plastic emblem without much weight.

But now I have a question for you?

Why would you do this when the Super Bee belongs on the Charger lineup not Challenger. Duh!!!!

It's a "Scat Pack" thing.

Back in the day all the HP Dodge products were part of the Scat Pack and the bee was the logo.

1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Magnum, E5 red, black top, black bumblebee. 2009 Challenger SRT8, 6speed, sunroof, nav, MP Corsa, K&N CAI, one of those clear blue tuner thingys, a nasty door ding, bald rear tires, hops like a bunny , stripe-delete, PR3 cop-attracting-red and some Land Cruisers.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 PM

I'd put it on mine.....

2010 RT Classic DWB fully loaded!
Corsa Sport Catbacks Sequential taillights K&N CAI Traded it in on 7/3/11 for a "Green Car"

#7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdan View Post
It's a "Scat Pack" thing.

Back in the day all the HP Dodge products were part of the Scat Pack and the bee was the logo.
Yes, to the Scat Pack thing (theme) !!! And a "BIG No" to the new SRT Super Bee Grille Emblem.

Reason Why:
The Scat Pack Bee is completely different from the Super Bee. Two different designs altogether. You are mixing apples and oranges. You need to look at the Scat Pack Bee window decal. It is not the same as the Super Bee, emblem or badging.

It's your car though. You can do anything you want. But it is not correct looking on a Challenger. Mod Charger, yes !!!
#8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME View Post
Yes, to the Scat Pack thing (theme) !!! And a "BIG No" to the new SRT Super Bee Grille Emblem.

Reason Why:
The Scat Pack Bee is completely different from the Super Bee. Two different designs altogether. You are mixing apples and oranges. You need to look at the Scat Pack Bee window decal. It is not the same as the Super Bee, emblem or badging.

It's your car though. You can do anything you want. But it is not correct looking on a Challenger. Mod Charger, yes !!!

Suit yourself. Owning both a 1970 and a 2009 I see a connection that you do not. Please proceed.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdan View Post
Suit yourself. Owning both a 1970 and a 2009 I see a connection that you do not. Please proceed.
I have just two questions for you Cruiserdan, with no disrespect.

"Do you have a Super Bee emblem on your classic 1970 Challenger" ??? and," Do you feel it would be kool looking if you did see one on a 1970-74 Challenger" ????
#10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 AM

(Thread Starter)
6SPD4ME, you have a good point. However, after doing some research on the decals, there are different. Similar but different. The bee on the super bee belongs more on the Charger more so than the Challenger.

Cruiserdan, I was looking into this to go with the Scat Pack theme.

Last edited by shanesrt8; 03-10-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode