Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sublime! Owner and non-owner opinion.

8K views 41 replies 40 participants last post by  SublimeSRT 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to upgrade from my 2014 white Shaker to a 2015 Scat Pack Shaker in Sublime. Me? I think Sublime is just different and retro cool. I really dig it. However it's one of those love it or hate colors....or at least that's the impression I get when asking people that have seen actually seen them. The really big question is....has anyone seen Sublime to be tough on resale? I really love the 2015 Sublime but I really don't want to have a car NOBODY wants and the resale value tank should I trade it or sell it in the future.

All opinions encouraged. Thanks.

#2 ·
Any color you could pick has a pool of willing buyers. My car is yellow and I'm sure that pool isn't large but any I've seen on a dealers lot sells pretty quickly.
I think sublime is an awesome color.

#3 ·
Traditionally green is a bad resale color but Green with Envy is a highly sought after color. I wanted a Sublime as I love the high impact colors but after seeing it in person it didn't win me over, something about the pearl in the color didn't work for me. Color is the most important options IMO.

#4 ·
I bought the Sublime specifically because I loved the retro look. I've had the car all over from family events to car shows and people swoon over it.

My next Challenger will be Phantom Black and my wife gets the green one.

#8 ·
I like the sublime but I felt it was just too bright for me...i ended up getting pitch black. i still go back and forth sometimes about whether i picked the right color, but the sublime I had to choose from on the lot had the ugliest interior. I would think on it a few days and if you still feel sublime then i would go for it, I just wouldnt make any rushed decisions.

#9 ·
I like Sublime but couldn't get my hands on one locally.
We (DW and I) also started thinking that maybe it would be a bit too much for us after a few years.

#10 ·
Liked the Sublime, but thought I would get tired of it. This is coming from a guy who had an Atomic Orange Corvette.
I ended up with Phantom Black. No regrets.

#14 ·
I waited for Sublime for years....well worth the wait.

I've had the car for a year, and in the past week, I've seen three different people taking pictures of it in traffic.

Get the color you want...you'll drive yourself nuts trying to hedge your bets on future resale value.

#15 ·
For one upgrading to a 2015 is worth it regardless of color. The interior redesign alone are worthy of the trade in my opinion. I traded my 2014 Granite Metallic R/T for my 2015 Sublime Scat Pack 3 months ago and don't regret it for a second. The Sublime exterior color, the 6.4 392 and the awesome new interior made the trade worth it for me. Couldn't be happier though I'm seriously debating a PCP Hellcat. Don't think the misses would allow that though. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
I'm not a green fan, but I could see myself buying a Limer. My only concern would be that I might get tired of it after a while. But it's a rockin' color.

#19 ·
If you are questioning getting a sublime, don't do it. You either love it (like me) or not. It may strike you as cool but if you don't love it, get another color. Follow your gut. As for me, I think this thing is uber cool and will hold its value very well. Back in the day, I heard they could not give these away but as of 7-31-015, Dodge sold 6,208 of them. Just screams old muscle car to me. Looks cool as heck too. Color gone for 2016 too.

#25 ·
I bought a Sublime after only seeing the color once a year ago, haven't seen it since (or the car I just bought!) Now that's faith I will still like it when I see it in 61 days!!! Really, like most of the colors it comes in, the lines on the car pop more with lighter colors though.

#27 ·
The first Mopar that I can remember was in 1969 and it was a Sub Lime Super Bee! That car started my love affair with Mopar's. I was in the first grade. Thought it was the baddest vehicle I had ever seen. Walked by it on the way to school and we would see it late nights on weekends at a local garage, hood up guys with beer bottles in their hands looking at 390 horses of Mopar 440 six pack. A scene right out of American Graffiti. Those were the days.
So yes Sub Lime Green works! Maybe you'll inspire a kid to keep the faith.

#28 ·
it depends - a Mopar enthusiast would go for Sublime Green.

Now, if you're talking about the general public, or trading the car at another brand - that might be a tough call.

Sublime is such a loud color, and given the gray/black/silver/white trend we've seen for years. That could be a factor down the road - not many cars in a color like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.