Sunroof not a accessory - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Sunroof not a accessory

I just came back from my dealer going over the paperwork for my new PCP R/T and I asked to get a sunroof and CAI for my mopar bucks, I was told that the sunroof is not really an accessory. I told them that any mopar part# is supposed to be qualified for the mopar bucks and they said no, they said that they might looking into having someone else do the installation and they might cover the cost. Does anyone know the number for the dodge incentive contact so I can have this situation taken care of.

Thanks
Greenice6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OK this may be the one time the dealership is right. An accessory is pretty much a "bolt on" install. I don't think cutting a hole in your roof is the epitome of bolt on. I have to ask, why didn't you get your PCP with a sunroof from the get-go?

Jack
#3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:58 PM

I too do no think so. I also think that ADDING a sunroof to a car is a complete mistake. I am not interested in ANYONES great experiences with aftermarket sunroofs. All I KNOW is that on a previous truck(Avalanche) of mine the factory sunroof had EXTRA bracing INSIDE the roof structure so it would not take away from the integrity of the vehicle. Therefore I would never do this to a car. Even the dealer agreed with me on not taking delivery of a truck I waited 6 weeks for. They had to order another one. It even said it right in their brochure. I would think every car has something to this effect, whether it's the drain tube, seals, or whatever.

To see Pictures of my car, and my website--->>http://www.detonatoryellow.com/
#4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Have to agree with the dealer on this one. The manufacturer offered a sunroof as an factory option, not an accessory. If the dealer is willing to work with you by taking the Mopar Bucks to pay for the aftermarket installation of a sunroof, they're going above and beyond for you.
And, I can't say I'm too fond of having an aftermarket sunroof installed after the fact. I just feel the factory does more for the trouble-free installation of a sunroof before final assembly, then most can do after the fact.

2012 Header Orange SRT8 Challenger. Auto with Paddles, 430N, BA stereo upgrades.
2009 TorRed SRT8 Challenger.
6-speed, Sunroof, Kicker, Nav. ***SOLD***

1971 Lucerne Blue GTO. It was Limekist Green, with a 400 & M21 4-speed, but now packs a "built" 455HO & M22 "Rockcrusher".

Last edited by Perfracer; 05-24-2010 at 04:02 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 PM

Not to pile on, but I agree with the dealer. Would be like expecting to use Mopar bucks to put the 6.1 in a RT.

#6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:10 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hate to say it....but I have to agree with the dealer also. A sunroof is a factory option not an accessory. Also, I would never consider getting an aftermarket sunroof installed. Too much can go wrong, and I have heard way too many horror stories about aftermarket units screwing up and leaking.

2010 R/T Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Hood to Fender Stripes
6spd. w/3.92's

Last edited by ctraut5; 05-24-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: sp
#7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Add me to the list it's an option and I am glad I do not have it!!

AIRBORNE
OUT!

2010 TorRed SRT8, 6 speed Predator custom tune, 180 thermostat, K&N CAI, Catch Can, Resonator Delete, 70's Style Hurst pistol grip shifter.
305/35/20 Nitto Drag Radials on rear
Dyno results;
387.61RWHP 388.00RWTQ
#8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 PM

(Thread Starter)
I called the Dodge incentive line and you guys are right, but my dealer is gonna see if they can have the sunroof put in and cover it themselves. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a line of crap, so I am pleased that are legit!

Greenice6
#9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:11 PM

yep sunroof is an option not an accessory.... I had a sunroof installed on a vehicle back in the 90's..... what a mistake, never again...... noisy ,leaky, definitely not worth it.

2009 RT/ Classic ToRred
Autostick
Mopar CAI... Borla Exhaust... Hood Strut Kit...
Bright Pedal Kit... Mopar T Handle shifter...
Splash Gaurds... Door Sills... Caliper Paint... Sequential turn signals...
and of course..... Predator...
#10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 PM

(Thread Starter)
I agree I don't want aftermarket I will ask them to install the factory sunroof and it least it will be correct for the car and the work will be covered by them, I will put up the money that they need to get it done! I go for the CAI and do the interior Katzkin's

Thanks
Greenice6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode