Super Track Pack - Consists Of? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Super Track Pack - Consists Of?

I've got a 2012 R/T with the 6-speed manual & the STP. When you get a car equipped with the STP, what exactly does the package consist of? What's the "upgrades" vs. a regular non-STP-equipped R/T?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstick View Post
I've got a 2012 R/T with the 6-speed manual & the STP. When you get a car equipped with the STP, what exactly does the package consist of? What's the "upgrades" vs. a regular non-STP-equipped R/T?
245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires (Goodyear Eagle F1)
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Heavy Duty High Perf Brakes
Performance Steering w/Variable Displacement Pump
Sport Suspension

I LOVE ChallengerTalk.com!
#3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM

I loves my STP. What a difference in feel from non STP models.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDCop View Post
245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires (Goodyear Eagle F1)
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Heavy Duty High Perf Brakes
Performance Steering w/Variable Displacement Pump
Sport Suspension
Those are supposed to be a standard feature on the manual cars. It's listed on my window sticker, and my car had no options at all from the factory (not even Sirius).

*ETA - Here's a pic of the .pdf version of my sticker (saved it from the dealer's website before they took it down):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sticker.jpg
Views:	2421
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	48155  

staggered 18" chrome boss 338's w/spin caps, nitto 555's (235/50 and 295/45), afe cat-back, light blue stripes, r1 concepts dimpled/slotted rotors, ebc yellowstuff pads, stoptech steel lines, daytona tail lights, 1970 emblems (script, r/t, 345 hemi, hood letters, pentastar)

Last edited by Rake; 05-09-2012 at 08:21 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
Those are supposed to be a standard feature on the manual cars. It's listed on my window sticker, and my car had no options at all from the factory (not even Sirius).

*ETA - Here's a pic of the .pdf version of my sticker (saved it from the dealer's website before they took it down):
I just copied and pasted from dodge.com.

Here is from my window sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Top.BMP.jpg
Views:	1984
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	48157  
#6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM

The brakes are standard on your auto car as well. They're not even listed under STP. In fact, the steering stuff isn't listed either. It's just suspension and tires.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies, but let's get more specific - re: the suspension upgrades. Bigger sway bars & different shocks? (I would assume).

I LOVE the way my car rides - solid, quiet, tight - VERY comfortable! I have been babying it until the motor is broke-in (it has 750-ish miles on it now) so I have not been cornering or driving it hard. An occasional get-on-it but nothing extreme. Wife is babying it more than me. What a car. It's making me lose my enthusiasm for my AAR a little, but that will change after the Cuda is painted I'm sure.

• 2012 Header orange R/T, 6-speed manual, STP, Sunroof.
  • AAR Cuda from NM.
  • '72 Cuda 340 w/Factory Sunroof. AZ. survivor car.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstick View Post
Thanks for the replies, but let's get more specific - re: the suspension upgrades. Bigger sway bars & different shocks? (I would assume).
Also different springs. The STP for 2012 lowers the car about 1" from prior year's STP on R/Ts.
#9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your car DOES NOT have STP. You have a Track Pack which comes standard on 6speed Manual R/Ts.

The STP Package is listed as an Option ... $495. I believe is the current price of the option in 2012.
#10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME View Post
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your car DOES NOT have STP. You have a Track Pack which comes standard on 6speed Manual R/Ts.

The STP Package is listed as an Option ... $495. I believe is the current price of the option in 2012.
that was the correct price, although it has gone up to 595 sometime in the spring, you can tell if a car has been on the lot a few months, as the classic package also went up 200$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode