Super Track Pack - Consists Of? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post
So then are you saying the Trac Pac cars have more wheel hop so one is better off with leaving that option off? What about the 20 inch wheel option that comes with the 3.92 rear end? or go with the 3.73 rear end with 18 inch tires?
For the money you pay for it, the STP is THE best option for an R/T. Improves steering, handling, braking very well. It stiffens up the ride and makes it more sporty, too. It was a must have option when I searched for an R/T.

I have 3.92s with 20" wheels and my wheel hop HORRIBLY. It's sad I can't really drive the thing as aggressively as I'd like. I'm hoping different tires reduces the wheel hop. I am not comfortable spending so much for a hop not kit, and have to cut into the stock suspension, as well as finding someone who can install it.
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar strut tower brace
Spohn rear suspension kit (in August)
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
SLP skip shift eliminator
Billet Technology catch can
Beltronics Pro 300 radar detector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question

Originally Posted by OmahaRumble View Post
For the money you pay for it, the STP is THE best option for an R/T. Improves steering, handling, braking very well. It stiffens up the ride and makes it more sporty, too. It was a must have option when I searched for an R/T.

I have 3.92s with 20" wheels and my wheel hop HORRIBLY. It's sad I can't really drive the thing as aggressively as I'd like. I'm hoping different tires reduces the wheel hop. I am not comfortable spending so much for a hop not kit, and have to cut into the stock suspension, as well as finding someone who can install it.
It makes me wonder what if you got the 3.73 rear end on R/T Classic would that have made the difference and the 18 inch wheels if that combo is possible?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It makes me wonder what if you got the 3.73 rear end on R/T Classic would that have made the difference and the 18 inch wheels if that combo is possible?
Could be. You might want to take a poll and ask folks about their experiences. I think you will find across the board, the the 20" Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires wheel hop horribly.

I am swiching to 18" wheels with snow tires, but am not about to spin those since the tread is so soft.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Supporting Vendor

So then are you saying the Trac Pac cars have more wheel hop so one is better off with leaving that option off? What about the 20 inch wheel option that comes with the 3.92 rear end? or go with the 3.73 rear end with 18 inch tires?
The fastest R/T M6's at the track has been non-STP cars and they don't have wheel hop. This is just what we have noticed locally.

http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/

WWW.SRTLLC.NET Tuning 2011, 12, 13 Hemi's!
sroos@srtllc.net

SRT8 IE 392 0056/1100 630 HP Tuned by B&G!
DWB, 6 Speed, SRT Option Group 2, NAV
12.467 @ 109.33 so far! (75 Degrees, 100% Humidity)
First Mail Order BG Chrysler Tuned 392
First Blown 392 on a stock B&G Tuned ECU
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 AM

My 12 rt 6-SP has yellow bilsteins,and good year f-1 tires. I bought it from 350 miles away,and had it shipped.They did not give me a window sticker,but it supposedly did not have stp.It only had 20 inch wheels,and mopar interior package.It hops terribly.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:36 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OmahaRumble View Post
Could be. You might want to take a poll and ask folks about their experiences. I think you will find across the board, the the 20" Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires wheel hop horribly.

I am swiching to 18" wheels with snow tires, but am not about to spin those since the tread is so soft.
I never did care for Good Year tires on any of the cars I have had where the GY came from factory.
It sounds like 18" wheels is the way to go without the Trac Pac with 6 spd. manual.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Red Barron View Post
The fastest R/T M6's at the track has been non-STP cars and they don't have wheel hop. This is just what we have noticed locally.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I did not get the STP on my 12 R/T. Why? my experience tells me that larger wheels weigh more and a firmer suspension has less weight transfer. Also a taller sidewall on a tire will help with traction.

Now I have added the 20 inch envy wheels with the GY F1. Compared to the factory 18 inch combo the only difference I feel is the ride is a bit harsher, they both wheel hop.

The 18 inch M&H darg radials hook well at the strip, so when I go to the track I switch the 18's back on.

I think if you are getting a classic R/T, the extra 500 is no big deal. But if you are getting a base R/T it will set you back 1500 due to the wheel upgrade.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
I did not get the STP on my 12 R/T. Why? my experience tells me that larger wheels weigh more and a firmer suspension has less weight transfer. Also a taller sidewall on a tire will help with traction.

Now I have added the 20 inch envy wheels with the GY F1. Compared to the factory 18 inch combo the only difference I feel is the ride is a bit harsher, they both wheel hop.

The 18 inch M&H darg radials hook well at the strip, so when I go to the track I switch the 18's back on.

I think if you are getting a classic R/T, the extra 500 is no big deal. But if you are getting a base R/T it will set you back 1500 due to the wheel upgrade.
Sounds to me that the 18" wheels are the way to go for performance and comfort. So no need to check off the box on "Track Pac" option. $595 isn't that much but don't need it if it makes ride worse and doesn't perform as good as 18" wheels. Better traction in the rain too?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If the car you are after already has the 20 inch wheels I would get it. If you are after a base model like I was it is a different story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.