Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Teen crashes through house

5K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  70monte 
#1 ·
#5 ·
This is an hour away from my place. I'd tell the cops to keep him for a while. Then ship him off to military school after I .........little bastard!
Lucky no one was home.

#9 ·
Unless the kid is named as a driver for that car on the policy, I would think to get it covered, they would *have* to claim the car was stolen. Otherwise it's an unauthorized household driver on the policy, which would not be covered.

So the parents have to decide which they value more: $50k-100k of their money (maybe more if the homeowners sue), or their kid not having a felony conviction on his record. Not a good choice to have to make.

#19 ·
I have USAA Insurance and I get a call every year asking if my 3 kids have their permit and or license yet. So far the answer is "No". My insurance premiums remain the same. They also ask who are my authorized drivers in the house (me and my wife ) for my 5 cars. In New York, once your kids have a license and even if you say that they are not authorized drivers, your insurance will go up, because of the possibility of them driving your car. In NY, we charge the kid with "Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle". Its a misdemeanor. Grand Larceny3* is a stolen vehicle. We are currently hammering alot of people who go and rent a car for a day and then never return it. When they are caught, they are charged with Unauthorized Use, because they didn't steal the car. The keys were given to them and then they broke a contract with the rental company. This then becomes a "civil dispute" and the rental company has to sue in civil court to get satisfaction. Some rental companies won't bother suing and this is why these a-holes basically spent one day in jail after failing to return the car. They have the car for months at a time before the rental companies can put the license plate on the hot list.

#21 ·
I probably would kill him if he was my kid(just kidding) To be honest I don't know what I would do but it would probably be a good idea if he was in the hospital for a few days so I could cool down. I would also let him suffer the consequences of his actions to hopefully teach him a lesson that you are responsible for the things you do. A bad situation all of the way around for everyone involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.