Think 2013 will be the last year of the Challenger? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Think 2013 will be the last year of the Challenger?

With the Downgrade of the United States to a AA+(or less soon} rating you would
think Interest rates will be going up on cars and 0% is out the window.
Feel Less people will want to buy a challenger with what just happened?
I am thinking with this new economy that Fiat will make 2013 the
last year that Challengers will be made(and it will be a short production run of challengers}
All this is happening sooooo fast,,,,,I will be buying the 2013 and feel
its getting to the end......................................JQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM

We've been saying it's near the end since they came out. I seriously doubt Chrysler would go through the development and trouble to engineer a supercharger option for one year.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
I can agree with that
But I am looking at folks paying higher interest rates on a car that many
will think twice before buying.(most cannot just pay cash}..................JQ
#4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Garage
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
JQ good to see you kicking and posing some questions I do think we will see the Challenger for 2013 but after that zI think it will have changes made to the exterior and to the power train in the years that follow. I hope that they don't completely change the look of the car but do understand that they will need to freshen her up going forward...

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!

2015 SRT Hellcat Vin#FH716022 9/25/15
#5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Garage
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swede View Post
We've been saying it's near the end since they came out. I seriously doubt Chrysler would go through the development and trouble to engineer a supercharger option for one year.
I don't see a SC coming out in the next year as I believe it is snake... this is my opinion.

As for people being able to afford the higher interest rates many that are just making it will be out of the equation and those that can will continue to support the brand. With them still looking to keep the production numbers in the 30,000 per year range the car fills a niche market that gets a premium dollar for the line.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Chrysler is spending squat on developing a supercharger,the aftermarket has already done that for them!
#7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
My Point (not the point on my head lol}
As the USA Keeps getting downgraded into 2012,makes me feel
Many that got the low interest rates will not be able to afford the 2012 and 2013 challengers as interest rates get higher..
Yep they can make 30,000 2014 Challengers,butttt with unemployment or under employment at 18% - 20% makes little sense in making these cars since many will want to keep their money in their pockets.....
Myself I will be buying my 2013 Challenger for cash like I did with my 2009 RT....Hate
paying interest.................JQ
#8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 PM

i think 2013 or 2014 will be it....its pretty much run its coarse....i dont think they will redesign it and make a new model

will Dodge see 2013 is the question?

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
#9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRETRO View Post
Chrysler is spending squat on developing a supercharger,the aftermarket has already done that for them!
In the scheme of things it's not much bet when it's from the factory it still costs development dollars that they would't spend if it was only for one year of production.

Then again I guess Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Acura, etc... Will be closing up shop completely. Fiat 500's for all whoo hoo!
#10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 10:26 PM

You could be on to something, JQ. Sure "The End" has been predicted over many consecutive years, but I don't think even those people had in mind the looming shadow of a very real double-dip recession, nearly flat-lined economy, 18% effective unemployment, cash-broke govt, and a credit rating downgrade when they predicted "hard times" up ahead. We're pretty much on the ropes as a country. Wouldn't take much in the way of an additional incidental disaster to blow that neck artery wide open. There's pretty much no headroom left to shrug-off the unexpected like we would have done easily before. In that kind of environment, nobody is looking to buy something like a "Challenger", unless to fulfill some sort of bucket list before it is all over.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6929_4.gif

09 Challenger R/T automatic...4 tires, stick-on convex mirror, seats

It's not that I really needed 370 hp...but having 150+ hp riding shotgun at a moment's bidding w/o a 6000 rpm moonshot is what makes me feel like I'm in the right car for me. The roar of a v8 seals the deal!

The Google keyword is "ethanol-free gas". The truth is coming to light. Check out http://pure-gas.org/

Last edited by randycat99; 08-06-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode